User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Blink 182, What do you think?

Pages: 1 2

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on August 5, 2010 at 1:20:42 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
Do people still use CD players?

In cars, for one.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on August 5, 2010 at 5:02:40 [Post link]

Quote:
In cars, for one.

That's not what I meant. And I think you know that, Cossack. :mad:

Seriously though, yes they're used in cars and boomboxes. What I was wondering though, was if people still used portable CD players--Yes, I know boomboxes are portable, I was thinking more like Sony Walkmen Personal Stereos.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

MegamanZero66
PS3 Trophy betch.

Stream: Ezio! <3
Posted on August 5, 2010 at 8:18:19 [Post link]

Quote:
Quote:
In cars, for one.

That's not what I meant. And I think you know that, Cossack. :mad:

Seriously though, yes they're used in cars and boomboxes. What I was wondering though, was if people still used portable CD players--Yes, I know boomboxes are portable, I was thinking more like Sony Walkmen Personal Stereos.

Actually, I know quite a few people that still do! Why you think they're still selling them? xD

God
Not A Feminist

Stream: BREAKING NEWS!: Snape kills Dumbledore.
Posted on August 5, 2010 at 9:35:59 [Post link]

Of course people still use CD players; for most people over 20 or so, the majority of music is listened to in their house (or car).

However, portably, I do use CD players. I don't like mp3 players, not to mention most mp3 players are likely to be playing mp3s. (Sure, they're capable of playing better stuff, but the "better stuff" is impossible to find.) And, clearly, the poster who was looking for a mp3/data CD player also uses them.

But that section of my post referred to when mp3 players first FIRST came out. Such as in the 90s, when nobody had one. I asked for an mp3 player as that's what the CD was called; you order the player and picked 300 songs to be put on a CD which was sent with it. However my stepmother bought a piece-of-crap iPod clone (before iPods were invented) instead. Not only was it not what was called an mp3 player that I knew of, but it was also just shitty even if you like them.

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on August 5, 2010 at 16:52:25 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsara
Hello!

Simple enough question, what do you think of Blink 182?

To answer this question, I loathe them.

Green Day too.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on August 5, 2010 at 21:21:40 [Post link]

Quote:
What I was wondering though, was if people still used portable CD players--Yes, I know boomboxes are portable, I was thinking more like Sony Walkmen Personal Stereos.

Then I saw someone using a CD player in the commuter train a few months ago. It even looked like a Sony-branded one. :)

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 3 [What's this?]
Posted on August 10, 2010 at 16:13:54 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Quote:
What I was wondering though, was if people still used portable CD players--Yes, I know boomboxes are portable, I was thinking more like Sony Walkmen Personal Stereos.

Then I saw someone using a CD player in the commuter train a few months ago. It even looked like a Sony-branded one. :)

I've seen quite a few people use them in the city's subway system. I used to use one until like...4-5 years ago. I bought an iPod nano and never went back to CD players afterwards.

Smirnoff
Renaissance Man Adept

Stream: Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
Posted on August 20, 2010 at 17:01:39 [Post link]

CD players are too cumbersome to remain in widespread use for much longer. Not to mention there's a larger market for churning out iPod clones to be sold at your local pharmacy.

Also, I despise Blink 182.

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here

Posted on August 21, 2010 at 16:27:03 [Post link]

Haha 5 years to retort? I almost have the heart to respond properly :D

Still don't like Blink 182 though...

:P

Pages: 1 2

New topic Reply