Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Check out my sprite sheet!, Please use it if you make comics, Morphman.

Pages: 1 2

Serpentarius
13th Zodiac Sign: Snake

Stream: Watashi wa suneku desu. Shine!
Posted on January 26, 2006 at 4:33:20 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Spider777
I know, my sprites are the suckiest! No one could make worse sprites if they tried! Stupid me, using MS paint! I'm worthless, I'll never be good at anything here, I have no purpose and I'm okay with it!:D I'm most worthless guy ever!:D:D:D

I can't tell whether you're sarcastic or not, but either way, it sounds like you're not exactly in the mood to take criticisms about your sprites. Just curious, but if you don't want criticism, then why put up your work for other people to see? Take the advice of other people in the know, and you'll find yourself better off than before; fact of nature, that is.

Couple of bits of advice:

1) don't blame your tools. MSPaint can make some awesome sprites, it's the skill of the artist and not the technology that makes sprites awesome. FlareMan, for example, makes some good art, and it has nothing to do with whether or not he has Fireworks, Photoshop, or anything else.

2) advice is usually helpful from people on this board; we're not going to tell you your sprites suck.

Well, we may tell you that, but then we'll immediately either shut up the idiot who said that, or give you advice on how to improve.

3) Practice makes perfect, so keep working on it. Your sprites aren't bad, but taking Mr. Met's advice will make them better.

Good luck and all that, but you've got quite a ways to go from where you're at now! :D

All shall bow to the mad l33t skillz of Tauman.EXE, found on the site above!

Juno
I AM the Iron Pony!!

Badges: Rainbow Dash Derpy Hooves Fluttershy Pinkie Pie Princess Celestia ... and 18 more
Stream: My skin shall forever be...Ponies!!

NetNavi:
Juno.EXE
Z-license
Level: 13 [What's this?]
Posted on January 26, 2006 at 4:39:04 [Post link]

Meh, paint is okay. I don't use it for all of sprites, but I do use it for my Juno remake. (I'm making a MM Triger into a Juno)
I use Game Maker for all of my Fues sprites, though.

BTW, Spider I have seen your sprites, and they're good:) You should see some sprites Proto-Zama tryed to make... They were just sad:(
Anywho, keep it up 777. And remember: The "Undo" botton is your friend:cool:

~Juno~

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on January 26, 2006 at 4:45:33 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by SerpentariusFlareMan, for example, makes some good art, and it has nothing to do with whether or not he has Fireworks, Photoshop, or anything else.

And to be perfectly honest, It's not that I don't need to use those nifty programs... rather, I simply do not have them. Xp

Yup. MSPaint is all I've got, so I've become rather adept at using it.

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

Spider777
Banned

Stream: Please ban me Doc.
Posted on January 26, 2006 at 14:31:43 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Serpentarius
Quote:
I know, my sprites are the suckiest! No one could make worse sprites if they tried! Stupid me, using MS paint! I'm worthless, I'll never be good at anything here, I have no purpose and I'm okay with it!:D I'm most worthless guy ever!:D:D:D

I can't tell whether you're sarcastic or not, but either way, it sounds like you're not exactly in the mood to take criticisms about your sprites. Just curious, but if you don't want criticism, then why put up your work for other people to see? Take the advice of other people in the know, and you'll find yourself better off than before; fact of nature, that is.

Couple of bits of advice:

1) don't blame your tools. MSPaint can make some awesome sprites, it's the skill of the artist and not the technology that makes sprites awesome. FlareMan, for example, makes some good art, and it has nothing to do with whether or not he has Fireworks, Photoshop, or anything else.

2) advice is usually helpful from people on this board; we're not going to tell you your sprites suck.

Well, we may tell you that, but then we'll immediately either shut up the idiot who said that, or give you advice on how to improve.

3) Practice makes perfect, so keep working on it. Your sprites aren't bad, but taking Mr. Met's advice will make them better.

Good luck and all that, but you've got quite a ways to go from where you're at now! :D

I suck, and I'm okay with it!:D

Bye-bye, Inti.... IF Doc bans me like I told him to.

Rioni... thanks for the Final-Zero music..

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!

Stream: Ask me about GSCOM!
Posted on January 26, 2006 at 21:53:36 [Post link]

Quote:
I suck, and I'm okay with it!:D

I'm sorry to keep on you like this, but that's about the worst attitude any type of artist can have about himself. Art is all about self improvement. Even the greatest artists continue to show gradual improvement in their work. If you think you are bad at drawings, trust me, you'll get better with practice.

You can be content with your art style though, to be sure. But it just doesn't make sense to say that you stink at drawing at that you're going to continue to draw, but not even try to improve.

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on January 26, 2006 at 23:55:19 [Post link]

Yes, be proud of yourself! You did your very best and that's what matters. Instead of saying "I suck and I'm okay with it, yay!", say... "You guys probably don't like it, but I did my best and I'm happy with my results!"

Be assertive! You can do it!

Spider777
Banned

Posted on January 27, 2006 at 1:04:39 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by FlareMan
Yes, be proud of yourself! You did your very best and that's what matters. Instead of saying "I suck and I'm okay with it, yay!", say... "You guys probably don't like it, but I did my best and I'm happy with my results!"

Yes.. you're right! You guys think I suck, but I'm proud of my sexy sprite! I won't be able to make some for awhile, 'cuz I broke my hand. Ouch!

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on January 27, 2006 at 2:23:38 [Post link]

Quote:
Quote:

Yes.. you're right! You guys think I suck, but I'm proud of my sexy sprite! I won't be able to make some for awhile, 'cuz I broke my hand. Ouch!

THERE y'go! And remember. "May". As in "You guys MAY think I suck.". Don't put words in other people's mouths.

[Edited on 27-1-2006 by FlareMan]

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on January 27, 2006 at 2:29:20 [Post link]

That's right. We don't think you suck. You're just a fledgling spriter on a path to fame and fortune or something like that. Though the road may be perilous, it's the journey, not the destination you should cherish.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Stream: Huzzah!
Posted on January 27, 2006 at 4:11:23 [Post link]

Er, yes. [Generic cheers of support and 'You don't suck like you think you do]

I use MS Paint for all my sprites, there are by no means any limitations to using it.

One successful sprite artist who uses MS Paint is Disgruntled Ferret of BobandGeorge.com. Check out MS Paint Masterpieces.

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on January 27, 2006 at 6:59:34 [Post link]

"Spider, you're pathetic."

"777, you SUCK at spriting..."

"777..."

=p

Actually, I believe our dear newbie spriter DOES believe in himself (I even think he's a little TOO confident of himself). I mean, he DID post his sprites, didn't he?
777, I think you just say you suck because you want attention and that people say you DON'T suck, because when you would say you were good at it, they'd say you SUCK at it.

PS. Improvement will come, wether you like it or not, but you must cooperate with it.

PS2. Did someone take the first lines seriously? By GOD, you suck at recognising what's meant as a joke. :P

PSP. What comic?

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Spider777
Banned

Posted on January 27, 2006 at 14:31:16 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Morphman
"Spider, you're pathetic."

"777, you SUCK at spriting..."

"777..."

=p

Actually, I believe our dear newbie spriter DOES believe in himself (I even think he's a little TOO confident of himself). I mean, he DID post his sprites, didn't he?
777, I think you just say you suck because you want attention and that people say you DON'T suck, because when you would say you were good at it, they'd say you SUCK at it.

PS. Improvement will come, wether you like it or not, but you must cooperate with it.

PS2. Did someone take the first lines seriously? By GOD, you suck at recognising what's meant as a joke. :P

PSP. What comic?
*sets Morph on fire*

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Posted on January 28, 2006 at 6:16:17 [Post link]

By the looks of his avatar, someone already saved you the trouble...:D

777, just learn to take criticism and lighten up on the self-pity thing. It's kind of annoying.

Spider777
Banned

Posted on January 28, 2006 at 21:27:47 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mettaur
By the looks of his avatar, someone already saved you the trouble...:D

777, just learn to take criticism and lighten up on the self-pity thing. It's kind of annoying.

Yeah, yeah. Sure.ImageImage

[Edited on 28-1-2006 by Spider777]

axl z
Gundamn

Stream: Im not fireing my lazer.......
Posted on January 29, 2006 at 0:42:15 [Post link]

Ah father of your frendly neighborhood Spiderman and dare devil.

Spider777
Banned

Posted on January 29, 2006 at 15:26:04 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by axl z
Ah father of your frendly neighborhood Spiderman and dare devil.
Off topic, man. Go here: http://www.interordi.com/mboard/viewthread.php?tid=11

And now... NightShade!:

\You're right guys. I love paint! I also combine it with Microsoft Picture It 9.

This sprite with MPI9, I just made darker, the rest I did with paint.

[Edited on 29-1-2006 by Spider777]

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Posted on January 29, 2006 at 17:17:25 [Post link]

Hm, another Frankenstein, but at least you're getting better.

Lifevirus and Alpha? Wierd combination. Oo

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on January 29, 2006 at 19:53:30 [Post link]

Quote:

At least...

Little hint. Try to make sure everything is the same color, unless you purposely want a yellow arm on some green dude with a red foot. I notice you left the colors alone for the LifeVirus and Alpha arms.

Spider777
Banned

Posted on January 29, 2006 at 22:38:38 [Post link]

Quote:
Quote:

At least...

Little hint. Try to make sure everything is the same color, unless you purposely want a yellow arm on some green dude with a red foot. I notice you left the colors alone for the LifeVirus and Alpha arms.

I just made them darker. And Juno Mk. 2!:

[Edited on 31-1-2006 by Spider777]

Pages: 1 2

New topic Reply