New topic Reply

Topic: PS3 version of Portal 2 will include PC version

Pages: 1

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Engineer Soldier Spy ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on January 18, 2011 at 17:24:27 [Post link]

http://kotaku.com/5736343/portals-creators-are-handing-out-free-games

This is awesome, I was gonna end up buying two copies so my brother and I could play together.

Dr. Cossack
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Zenny Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki ... and 24 more
Stream: It's crazy how those Final Fantasy RPGs gr...

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 31 [What's this?]
Posted on January 19, 2011 at 3:34:45 [Post link]

Either Valve doesn't like money, or the PC version will suck so much that they're giving it away for free.

Considering who we're talking about, I'll go with the first option. :) That's a pretty great deal right there, since it basically allows two people to play together without owning two PS3s or two gaming-grade PCs in the same house.

Want a special look for your posts, similar to my own? Try the post themes!
---
I'm on Steam! Add me there, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!
---
"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon

Blazen
Vv

Stream: Fighting is reeeeeaaaaally not my thing.
Posted on January 21, 2011 at 8:38:28 [Post link]

See? This is why I love Valve. Sadly, though, I don't have a PS3 nor do I know anyone with a PS3...so! I suppose I'll get it PC anyway so as awesome as that free copy would be, I guess I'll be missing out.

Congrats to the people who'd this be convenient for, or even somewhat convenient for. If you own either systems its probably gonna be worth a buy. Portal was such an awesome game and Valve is a very consistent company when it comes to quality so...take advantage!

Nayus Dante
Silent Antagonist

Posted on January 28, 2011 at 23:40:13 [Post link]

I highly doubt that buying the PS3 version will allow two people to play co-op. If they're porting a version of the Steam platform to PS3, keep in mind that a Steam account can't be signed in from two places at once. I would assume that multiplayer will go through Steam anyway. I don't know, maybe they'll do something special for this one that lets you associate a console with your account and sign in to both at once or something...

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Engineer Soldier Spy ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on January 29, 2011 at 6:44:04 [Post link]

Maybe I worded that wrong.

I am looking forward to being able to buy Portal 2 and split screen co-op on PS3 and then be able to play the single player on my preferred platform.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply