User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2 announced

Pages: 1

Dr. Cossack
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki ... and 24 more
Stream: Shovel Knight is awesome. Play it.

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on April 21, 2012 at 15:05:05 [Post link]

Looks like we're getting another round of New Super Mario Bros, this time for the 3DS! It looks similar in design to the two previous ones, altough the racoon leaf makes a return along with the P meter. This means that we'll be able to run then fly, much like in SMB3!

I'll admit that this new entry leaves me a bit underwhelmed. The previous "New" games all focused too much on reusing previous elements and creating new levels with them, instead of moving the Mario platform design forward with new elements. Super Mario 3D Land is a recent example of a game that tried to do more, and I really enjoyed playing through it. This game, on the other hand, will probably be another round of more of the same old...

Want a special look for your posts, similar to my own? Try the post themes!
I need a new forum signature.
---
I'm on Steam! Add me there, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!
---
"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on May 6, 2012 at 15:02:02 [Post link]

Quote from post #230301:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
This game, on the other hand, will probably be another round of more of the same old...

Probably. I'll be passing this one over for sure!

Been a few years, eh?

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on May 8, 2012 at 7:37:58 [Post link]

When it comes to Mario and MegaMan, "more of the same" never really bothered me. They're comforting in a way that's like an old friend, or a special dinner the way only mom makes.

WindRider739
Minecraft op
Dungeon Master

Stream: This work thing is really cutting into my game ...

NetNavi:
Error.EXE
Z-license
Level: 11 [What's this?]
Posted on May 21, 2012 at 22:40:07 [Post link]

If it's not broke, don't fix it. (Points at everything between Sonic Adventure and Sonic Generations)

Need a Creeper's Lab staff member for something? Go ahead and send me a private message HERE! Also, check out my Twitch channel for video games and Tabletop RPG sessions! http://www.twitch.tv/cedwards9

NDS Friend Code - 0705-4627-9088

Pages: 1

New topic Reply