User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Possible changes for Gondwana and Avalonia

Pages: 1

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on March 7, 2015 at 0:48:42 [Post link]

The dedicated server has proven to run smoothly since we switch over to that, which is great! Since I have many more options at my disposal, I'm considering doing some changes to Gondwana and Avalonia.

Gondwana

I'd be splitting off Gondwana to its own server, much like how Rodinia is doing now. This'd keep things running smoothly when many players are on (not that lag has been a problem so far on the dedi), as well as making future maintenance easier. Players wouldn't be able to carry their levels between Gondwana and Laurasia anymore, but I feel like that isn't important since you could just do your enchants on each location, while items could be freely moved around.

Avalonia

Considering that no one is using Avalonia save for the rare mining trip, and that about no large structures have been built there, I'm thinking of retiring it completely. It isn't costly to keep running, but I feel that having completely unused worlds makes the environment appear dead when it isn't. Anyone have arguments as to why I shouldn't?

The end result would be that each main survival world would be on its own server, instead of them being all lumped together. Special worlds like Amasia would still remain attached to one or the other.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

WindRider739
Resident Ghost Hunter

Stream: AAAAAAAAAHAHA it let me add me as a friend!

NetNavi:
Error.EXE
Z-license
Level: 11 [What's this?]
Posted on March 7, 2015 at 2:51:24 [Post link]

Oondi took over that island long ago.

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

If you swing through Interordi and you recognize me, feel free to stop in and say hi. I don't care if it's been fifteen years. If you're one of us, you're one of us.

SorathePumpking
Contributor
Minecraft helper
Death itself

Badges: Squid beaker
Posted on March 7, 2015 at 4:37:13 [Post link]

Boooooomb da thing. With the number of farms everywhere, the mining isn't even worth it half the time

Exodio
Contributor
Lead character

Badges: 100 credits 50 credits

NetNavi:
Creative.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on March 7, 2015 at 4:38:44 [Post link]

Could you convert it to Creative?

Septina
Contributor
Robot master

Posted on March 8, 2015 at 6:50:24 [Post link]

only problem with making a creative server would be not allowing inventories to transfer to and from, i would think. I also would love the idea of playing a creative server from time to time

Unknown_Entity
Minecraft op
Contributor
634% more 1337

Badges: Princess Celestia Zenny Squid beaker Rin Tezuka Hanako Ikezawa ... and 24 more
Stream: I ARE WINNER
Posted on March 8, 2015 at 22:59:36 [Post link]

Quote from post #236024:
Originally posted by Septina
only problem with making a creative server would be not allowing inventories to transfer to and from, i would think. I also would love the idea of playing a creative server from time to time

When that TNT tag testing server was linked, inventories weren't carried over, so that'd be possible on the inventory front. The real problem with a creative server is it'd make it reeeeeal easy for people to grief, so I'd think it would probably be best requiring Trusted status to enter.

But yeah, the only two I know of that actually /built/ on Avalonia are muffins and oondi. I don't think anyone really used it for anything but ore mining, Likely 'cause it's rather small for any larger scale builds and given the artificial generation of the map, nobody probably wanted to build on it because it was assumed created by other players.

Spammers make Doc this face > :mad:

Chatz

[14:33:35] <Lost_To_Apathy> STZ...what the feck is that? Sexually Transmitted Zit?

Noobs can click here for all the Gameshark codes and roms they need

Pages: 1

New topic Reply