Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Mega Man Revolution Original OST FT-VRC6 Remixes

Pages: 1

corlenbelspar
Lil' metool

Posted on October 7, 2017 at 5:32:46 [Post link]

So on a whim I decided to start redoing my whole OST in VRC6 with Famitracker. Here's some demos.

Sample Songs

Note in "Burning Madness" I actually added "no McWily's forrr yooou" through a vocoder. lul The whole thing is roughly 51% done according to my music sheet's figures.

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.

Badges: Squid beaker
Stream: I think?

NetNavi:
WanderingTrenchcoat.EXE
Z-license
Level: 8 [What's this?]
Posted on October 7, 2017 at 23:52:16 [Post link]

Interesting to still see some life in the MegaMan fanbase! Giving the demos a quick once through, I enjoyed them. A lot of background music can be a bit boring and monotonous, but these have some good dynamics. Keep up the good work.

This my signature area... mine, yes.. so... stuff.

corlenbelspar
Lil' metool

Posted on October 8, 2017 at 2:34:36 [Post link]

Thanks! The originals I made were actually pretty god awful, but obviously had a lot of potential and I managed to significantly maintain the original compositions. For anyone curious, the vocoder part in Burning Madness (Pyre Woman) is just 6 consecutive samples I made dumped into DPCM. I'm still mixing volumes and adding P7F effect to prevent note clashing, but it's all coming along well.

corlenbelspar
Lil' metool

Posted on October 25, 2017 at 4:42:31 [Post link]

I've started uploading finalized tracks into my Bandcamp. I've made a lot of changes since my last post.

You can download it here.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on October 30, 2017 at 4:21:28 [Post link]

I love the sound of the VRC6 chipset, and you're managing to pull some neat tricks out of it. Nice work. :)

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

corlenbelspar
Lil' metool

Posted on October 31, 2017 at 3:05:13 [Post link]

I actually swapped to N163 so I could make my own simple waveforms and forgot to edit my post accordingly, but I put an instrument with verbatim waveforms of VRC6 in it and used it extensively. I also maintained only having 3 additional channels in this respect. Then there's Sunsoft 5B to have cymbal crashes (and marching snare for the fortress intros) because as far as I know 5B is the only expansion chip that can do white noise suitable for cymbals and other such percussion.

The uploaded tracks have stereo and panning and the like because I exported each channel separately to WAV and processed the individual channels in Cubase.

At any rate, thanks for giving it a listen! :) The original version of the OST was pretty flawed because of several factors working against me, but those are no longer an issue, so now I feel it's been rectified. I want to put the NSF in a download with it, but I keep getting a vague error that no one seems to know the meaning of.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply