Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Renders!, Shinier than simple screenshots!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 ... 9

Exodio
Contributor
Lead character

Badges: 100 credits 50 credits

NetNavi:
Creative.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on October 4, 2014 at 23:04:21 [Post link]

I agree with Anon. The render is roxor.

Mikey
Contributor
PistonPlacer

Stream: [url=www.Twitch.tv/Mikeyel16]Me Personal Twitch...

NetNavi:
PistonHead.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on October 7, 2014 at 14:58:30 [Post link]

Ooooh I love the Dragon Room

Doc's my Mommy

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on October 18, 2014 at 22:06:40 [Post link]

The floating town of Celzibar

Render time: ~90 hours

Celzibar, off to Port Townshend's south alongside the Transoceanic, was almost entirely built by MaximumRose. It took a long time for the place to look this complete and detailed! If you look at the left, you'll see Port Townshend itself, with the boardwalk up front. Further to the right, if you look closely enough, you can spy the town of Castille!

This is the image with the largest scope I've generated yet. Its massive size along with the selection of a night scene increased the generation time quite a bit. I wanted some details to look better, but the render data unfortunately got corrupted after 90 hours. I'd have needed to restart from 0 to get only an incremental improvement of quality, so I decided to post it as-is.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 0:04:33 [Post link]

The Ever-Constant Stare

Render time: 12 hours

He can see into your soul...

There's nothing super special about this image, but I wanted to have at least one render of the Raw Survival server. Since it iss developing quickly and all players are busy putting things together, I decided I'd focus on my own home in Point Zero!

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Exodio
Contributor
Lead character

NetNavi:
Creative.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 2:13:04 [Post link]

Doc, it's called "Point Zero". Please don't talk about our world unless you get it correct.

Edited by Dr. Cossack on October 20, 2014 at 22:20:05

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 2:20:24 [Post link]

Quote from post #235312:
Originally posted by Exodio
Doc, it's called "Point Zero". Please don't talk about our world unless you get it correct.

I am glad to see that you agree with me.

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.

Badges: Squid beaker
Stream: I think?

NetNavi:
WanderingTrenchcoat.EXE
Z-license
Level: 8 [What's this?]
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 13:10:22 [Post link]

"Mine are the eyes that will pierce the heavens." I still prefer Zero Point. :I

This my signature area... mine, yes.. so... stuff.

Exodio
Contributor
Lead character

NetNavi:
Creative.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 17:31:04 [Post link]

Help! I'm being repressed! Doc is changing my sworn written testimonies!!!

MediaKlepto
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Super moderator

Badges: Zenny Squid beaker 150 credits 100 credits 100 credits ... and 1 more

NetNavi:
Sweet.EXE
Z-license
Level: 20 [What's this?]
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 19:08:58 [Post link]

Now now, Sal...

Don't forget, he's not the only one who can do that.

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.

NetNavi:
WanderingTrenchcoat.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 22, 2014 at 1:17:20 [Post link]

Quote from post #235316:
Originally posted by Exodio
Help! I'm being repressed! Doc is changing my sworn written testimonies!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS_1bzaj2fw

On topic: dem clouds tho.

Edited by Masterlink on October 21, 2014 at 20:18:12

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on October 23, 2014 at 3:10:39 [Post link]

Swimming at the Abenobashi

Render time: 50 hours

Now this is a fun one. :) I got randomly curious to see how the rendering software would handle underwater scenes, and the result was way beyond my expectations! This scene is taken from the bottom of the swimming pool at the Abenobashi, the hotel that HimochiKouen and MediaKlepto built in Minetropolis. That's the big blue tower up front. You can also see several other skyscrapers of the city more to the right!

MediaKlepto
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Super moderator

NetNavi:
Sweet.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 23, 2014 at 3:56:03 [Post link]

Not only did you spell it correctly, you did it TWICE. I love you, Doc. <3

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on October 27, 2014 at 3:43:12 [Post link]

Halloween 2014

Render time: 74 hours

I wanted to generate some kind of special image for Halloween, and I got this idea. I really like how it came out. :)

Another type of image I wanted to try involved having a single element in focus (in this case, the pumpkin), while everything else (closer or farther out) is blurred out. I set this in a low light setting, with an eerie sky and unatural red tint everywhere. Framing Tex's Creeper Bazaar in the background sealed the deal!

While I still have plenty of ideas on places to render, I'm also open to suggestions. If you think you have a great idea, do speak up!

DiKatze
Contributor
Deutsch Neko

Posted on October 27, 2014 at 16:26:02 [Post link]

Thank you Doc for the Halloween wallpaper! :3

End Post

Exodio
Contributor
Lead character

NetNavi:
Creative.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 27, 2014 at 22:01:49 [Post link]

There are Wither Skeleton statues that AshaLina made, I have one, I think Himochi has one, and one somewhere else. I have a giant spider statue she built as well, they are both at my house in Eben Cair.

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.

NetNavi:
WanderingTrenchcoat.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 28, 2014 at 0:30:10 [Post link]

Totes clippy render for halloween... or that wither.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on October 30, 2014 at 1:47:57 [Post link]

To the Far West

Render time: 35 hours

Rails, rails. We always need more rails. Some time back, I decided to extend the Western Line up to the then newly added mesa biome. Kagato75 decided that the line couldn't simply be a boring straight line of cobble, so he took it upon himself to fancy it up. The impressive bridge that you see in this image stretches for about one kilometer! He also designed and built the large train station you can see at the left, which acts as the terminus for the line.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on November 2, 2014 at 0:07:02 [Post link]

The mighty Dragonsail

Render time: 33 hours

Windrider739's personal airship, the Dragonsail, sometimes appears unexpectedly in the skies. It was modeled off the ships in the game Guns of Icarus, which is quite fun even as a spectator!

I originally tried to include a lot of the surrounding area below the airship, but it would have taken a lot of rendering hours and actually looked distracting. As such, I decided to let the Dragonsail itself being the focus by offering only the endless seas as a background. Look at the left, and you can even spot the shadow cast by the ship!

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on November 5, 2014 at 4:11:10 [Post link]

Minetropolis's Rising Spires

Render time: 64 hours

Minetropolis is the server's go-to location for skyscrapers: the downtown core is full of them, while the wide streets invite visitors to wander around! The Abenobashi, featured in a previous render, can be spotted toward the back. The city proper is still being expanded, too, with plenty of room for new buildings!

I decided to take the shot from the water instead of the Southern Expressway, so that the reflection of the towers in the water would be much more noticeable. For some mysterious reason, this one caused my PC to do a hard shutdown 3 times over. It's a good thing that the renderer automatically saves its progress once in a while, otherwise I'd be really frustrated by now.

Edited by Dr. Cossack on November 4, 2014 at 23:13:27

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on November 9, 2014 at 3:02:42 [Post link]

Quote from post #235396:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
For some mysterious reason, this one caused my PC to do a hard shutdown 3 times over.

Well, I have a problem. I tried to do two different images after this, and my PC kept shutting down randomly. I installed some debugging tools, and it's a forced stop from overheating. I suspect that running my PC at 100% CPU usage during most of the day for the past few months has damaged some of the cooling equipment within... I'll have to look further into this. :(

For the time being, I'm sorry to say that I'll have to stop producing these images, at least until I can find a way to stabilize my computer!

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.

NetNavi:
WanderingTrenchcoat.EXE
Z-license
Posted on November 9, 2014 at 14:40:46 [Post link]

Do a simple thermal grease change. Stock grease/pad is usually bad. It's cheap and fairly simple to do. I've had luck with ocz freeze.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on December 17, 2014 at 2:20:15 [Post link]

We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Nether Terrors

Render time: 48 hours

The mighty Spider Dome. Countless players and mobs have given their lives there for the sake of our entertainment. Designed and built by HimochiKouen and MediaKlepto, with a few helpers, this arena quickly became a staple of Events Night. I get the chance to murder people while they yell "MORE, MORE!!". What's not to love? Getting this image involved a careful balance of brightness. Too dark, you can't see anything; too light, you lose that Nether mood.

Some weeks later, after a round of PC upgrades and fixes, I can finally produce these images once again! Replacing the thermal paste made a huge difference. Should this happen again, I now have the materials and know-how to quickly fix it. I know that many of you have been waiting for this, so let's get the ball rolling once again with the many suggestions I received!

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.

NetNavi:
WanderingTrenchcoat.EXE
Z-license
Posted on December 17, 2014 at 2:22:46 [Post link]

Well that's simply horrifying. The floors are stained with blood.

MediaKlepto
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Super moderator

NetNavi:
Sweet.EXE
Z-license
Posted on December 17, 2014 at 2:27:30 [Post link]

Oh dear god it's so beautifully hideously atrociously ominous. I love it. <3

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on December 18, 2014 at 3:07:18 [Post link]

New Beginning's Point

Render time: 19 hours

This is the current look of Point Zero, the spawn town from Raw Survival. A few public buildings and homes have appeared, a city park is there to enjoy, and even a few farms are available for use.

I made this shot to promote the server, since I only had my villager to go with. I placed Mikey's tower specifically to the right, hiding the new train station which is still under construction. That way, I won't have to do a new render in a week or two just to include it properly!

Edited by Dr. Cossack on December 17, 2014 at 22:08:47

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on December 24, 2014 at 3:04:32 [Post link]

Keeping Warm

Render time: 34 hours

We're officially in winter, so here's an image that will hopefully warm you up a bit! It just so happens that the frame of this image captures several of Sphenicus' builds in Port Townshend: the camp fire itself, the Enola Gay, the Dago Den and the Denzel Washington Monument.

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.

NetNavi:
WanderingTrenchcoat.EXE
Z-license
Posted on December 24, 2014 at 4:03:11 [Post link]

I notice a certain snowman is missing.... And the render is taken from my usual spot! :D

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on December 29, 2014 at 0:18:42 [Post link]

Kaboom goes the End

Render time: 9 hours

This is what happens when a few staff members decide to try things and blow stuff up...! Tens of thousands of TNT blocks were spawned in and detonated, punching holes in the already small End.

I also took screenshots on how the place looked during the explosion. Each white or black block that you see is primed TNT, about to explode: one - two

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.

NetNavi:
WanderingTrenchcoat.EXE
Z-license
Posted on December 29, 2014 at 10:44:51 [Post link]

The end of the end as it were.

Magic
Contributor
Marker-Sensei

Badges: 100 credits

NetNavi:
Neku.EXE
Z-license
Level: 21 [What's this?]
Posted on December 30, 2014 at 4:01:13 [Post link]

The end is never the end is never the end is never the end is never the end is never the end.

~Magic

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 ... 9

New topic Reply