Interordi Menu
Pinned Where to post
Quick reference
Started by Doctacosa on 16 January 2012 at 14:47
If you want to comment on the various news posts, you can do so right here. To ask questions, share opinions or talk about the server, use the Creeper's Lab forum. For general Minecraft topics and discussions, you can use the Minecraft forum. For comments, questions or bug reports about the board software itself, go to the IOBoard forum. Otherwise, see the index. :)
0 replies
→ Last: Doctacosa on
16 January 2012 at 14:47

An Halloween night of surprises
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 28 October 2020 at 1:56
Wonder no more: yes, we've made plans for this upcoming Halloween night! We've got two events scheduled for you, one after the other. Make your way to Central right as Events Night starts, this upcoming Saturday at 9pm Eastern time so you can participate in the first game. After this, you will be directed toward the second challenge of the night. Put yourself in the mood and bring a pumpkin! But what actually are these events? You will have to come in this Saturday to see! If you c ...
0 replies
→ Last: Administrator on
28 October 2020 at 1:56
New staff are in!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 25 October 2020 at 20:48
First things first, I'd like to thank everyone who showed an interest for helping with staff duties. It can be thankless work sometimes, but it's important to keep a healthy community going! As these things go, I didn't pick everyone who applied, but I appreciate your interest all the same. With that said, I'm now happy to announce that joining us as Helper are BioZombieActive, BroitsTAG, Kimonellos and Rebbica007. Congrats, all! As I indicated in my previous news post, i ...
0 replies
25 October 2020 at 20:48
Help wanted!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 18 October 2020 at 22:31
It's that time of the year where ~~everything gets pumpkin spice flavored~~ we re-evalute the current activity on the server and what our needs are. In order to better support the players who need help during the day (or night!), we're looking to add a few staff members to the crew. Interested? Your primary tasks would be: Greeting the new players and answering any questions they might have. Checking on these players to make sure they understand and follow the rules. Getting playe ...
0 replies
18 October 2020 at 22:31
Event: Post-Eye of the Watcher (Mikey’s Magical Mystery Tour)
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 15 October 2020 at 23:35
It's time for a new event, this time hosted by Mikey_el16! Where: Central, in front of the Creeper Bazaar When: By 10pm Eastern time this Saturday “A treacherous plot has been brewing on the outskirts of Laurasia, and now that plot is afoot. For Millennia, the Watcher has kept an eye on the world. But now the Watcher’s power might be at stake, for his eye has been stolen by Mikey, a personal servant to the Horsemen. It’s up to you now to trace Mikey’s steps and recover the Watc ...
0 replies
15 October 2020 at 23:35
Website layout update
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 10 October 2020 at 21:23
The website receives today a bit of a facelift to modernize part of its appearance and help you find that you might be looking for, faster. A lot of that focus went into the sidebar present on all pages: the information now presented has a more unified look and clear separation between the sections. A new "Support" block shows the current progression of the Patreon campaign, and a different merch item is shown on each page load to give you an idea of the range of products available on our on ...
0 replies
10 October 2020 at 21:23
Challenge: ANARCHY!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 2 October 2020 at 1:13
Dear journal, That's it, I've messed up. I've been banished from my home, sent to a faraway land with nothing but the clothes I was wearing. I'm alone, isolated in this new land. I haven't seen anyone else yet, but I have a bad feeling about this. I better gather supplies fast if I'm to survive here. I can never know what could happen next. Even from them. Are they after me? Of course they're after me. Everyone is after me. Well, I'll show them. I ...
0 replies
2 October 2020 at 1:13
Event: Spider Dome this weekend!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 1 October 2020 at 2:02
As some of you already know, Mojang is doing their roughly yearly Minecraft event this Saturday, with Minecraft Live streaming at noon (Eastern time). How about we turn this into a Minecraft Day with a dash of Spider Dome in the evening? You're invited to join us for some mad players-vs-monsters at the Spider Dome arena! See how long you can last against the madness that gets unleashed there! And get some fun mob drops in the process! We'll start at 10pm, Eastern time, this Saturda ...
0 replies
1 October 2020 at 2:02
Java players, 1.16.3 required soon
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 29 September 2020 at 4:10
The various servers will be gradually updated to properly support Java 1.16.3. This will have no impact on the gameplay, but you will have to use that version to continue playing. If you're still on 1.16.2, it's time to update!
0 replies
29 September 2020 at 4:10
New backing options: annual plan and new currencies!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 26 September 2020 at 18:57
Thanks to recent improvements on Patreon's platform, I'm now able to offer two new options to you! First, something that I've been asked about a few times: annual payments instead of monthly! This way, you can prepay for an entire year, showing your support without having to worry about having another monthly bill. Plus, you're getting 8% off the total amount, which works out to a free month! New patrons, you will find this option right under the "Join" buttons. Existing ...
0 replies
26 September 2020 at 18:57
Resource pack for Bedrock Edition players!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 22 September 2020 at 13:04
Expanding our support for the Bedrock platform a step further, our resource pack is now available for its players as well! The next time you try to connect to the server, a download will be offered to enable it. If you prefer to install it manually on Windows 10 Edition, either to play here or elsewhere, you can grab it from the resource pack page! A few things like music discs don't work at the moment, but as with everything else, compatibility is expected to improve over time.
0 replies
22 September 2020 at 13:04
Support for 1.16.3 added
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 10 September 2020 at 23:01
Minecraft 1.16.3 was released today by Mojang, and all servers have been updated to support it. Java players, you can now connect using either 1.16.2 or the new 1.16.3. Bedrock players, you're already set to go!
0 replies
10 September 2020 at 23:01
Creeper's Lab merchandise!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 10 September 2020 at 1:40
I'm doing something new today by introducing a first: a Creeper's Lab line of merchandise! Ever wanted a shirt, a hoodie, stickers, a mug, or something else with the logo of the Creeper's Lab? Well, now you can! There's a wide array of items and styles available, and I suggest you give it a look if you think you might be interested! Every single purchase goes to support my ongoing projects. I've made a point of ordering various items myself in the past months to sam ...
0 replies
10 September 2020 at 1:40
Introducing account linking for Java and Bedrock accounts!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 7 September 2020 at 15:10
If you have both Java and Bedrock accounts, you can now choose to link them to carry a single inventory across both. This lets you keep on playing seamlessly from anywhere, without having to add both names to your in-game permissions! If you do this, you will use your Java identity everywhere. Here's how to do this: From your Java account, enter /linkaccount BEDROCK_NAME, without the tilde. From your Bedrock account, enter /linkaccount JAVA_NAME followed by the number provided in step ...
0 replies
7 September 2020 at 15:10
Challenge: Nether survival!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 1 September 2020 at 23:14
You've enjoyed the new Nether, explored its new biomes and collected many precious resources. That's good. But what if you had to do it all... starting from scratch? This month's Kenorland challenge has you facing a brand new Nether world, completely stripped of any equipment or utilities. Your goal will be to survive and make the best of the situation as possible! Rumor has it that it's entirely possible, and that the piglins can have trades that could be relevant to you ...
0 replies
1 September 2020 at 23:14
Tasmantis closing down in two weeks
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 1 September 2020 at 2:29
Tasmantis was brought back online as a testing ground for 1.16 and Bedrock support, plus to allow people to mine the new Nether materials. As the interest level as gone down, it's time to schedule its closure, which will happen on September 14. That gives you two more weeks to gather all the supplies you want and move them to another server. Use this time well!
0 replies
1 September 2020 at 2:29
Stirburgh contest results!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 28 August 2020 at 23:16
The judges have gone around to rate your entries in the Stirburgh castle town, and it's time to announce the results! It was a hotly contested finale, with several entries being within a fraction of a point to each other! Without further delay, our winners: First place - ROEN_44 Second place - ChillingSlav Third place - MadSciMerls Congrats to all builders, everyone seems to have put a lot of effort into the area, giving it a unique look! Everyone has been granted their Merit Points; Ro ...
0 replies
28 August 2020 at 23:16
Switching fully to 1.16.2
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 26 August 2020 at 2:27
All servers are being updated tonight to Java 1.16.2. Java players, make sure that you're using that latest version to connect! Bedrock players, you're already good to go. This gives you access to piglin brutes, waterlogged lanterns and horizontal chains.
0 replies
26 August 2020 at 2:27
Full Bedrock support is a go!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 19 August 2020 at 0:05
I've completed my work to make sure that Bedrock players are first-class citizens on the Creeper's Lab, and I'm now happy to open the gates of all servers to everyone! Bedrock players (Windows 10 and mobile) can now access everything that Java players can. This includes all game servers, web profiles, achievements, and more. New players, make sure that you're whitelisted to get started. Existing Java players, add your Xbox Live Gamertag to your networks to continue. You c ...
0 replies
19 August 2020 at 0:05
Now supporting 1.16.2
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 17 August 2020 at 22:57
I've pushed to all game servers support for 1.16.2. This allows you to connect using .2 right away, yet we're still running .1 internally, so don't go looking for Piglin Brutes right away! While you can connect using either game versions now, our requirement will move up to .2 eventually, so I suggest that you update your game whenever you can so you don't forget about it later. Additionally, the internal version of resource packs has been updated on the new game release. ...
0 replies
17 August 2020 at 22:57
Minecraft 1.16.2 released
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 11 August 2020 at 16:50
Minecraft 1.16.2 is being released today on both Java and Bedrock. This new version is incompatible with the previous one, so please wait a bit before updating! While I expect this to be a fairly simple update, which shouldn't take too long, the addition of new features could cause a bit of delay. I'll post an update when I have more to share. Bedrock players, as updates on that platform are mostly automatic, this isn't something that you have much control over. I'll aim ...
0 replies
11 August 2020 at 16:50
New perks for Patreon backers!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 8 August 2020 at 1:51
I'm pushing today a set of changes and improvements to the perks for my Patreon backers, here are the full details! $20 VIPs I'm introducing a new bonus for the VIPs: the ability to change the color of your username in the in-game chat! You can type /customcolor to view the options available and select one. The color of the custom titles remains tied to your player rank so that others can quickly identify that. $3 trails The system for the particle trails you can wear has been re ...
0 replies
8 August 2020 at 1:51
Welcome to Bedrock players!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 26 July 2020 at 19:38
Today, I'm extremely happy to announce the next big step for the Creeper's Lab: Minecraft Bedrock Edition support! The two main versions of Minecraft, Java and Bedrock, have been aiming for feature parity for some time now. While we're not quite there yet, the two are getting close enough where it's getting realistic for both sets of players to meet each other online at last. This means that players of Bedrock Edition on both Windows 10 and mobile can now jump in with us! ...
2 replies
→ Last: Doctacosa on
4 August 2020 at 18:46
Expanded Bedrock support!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 3 August 2020 at 2:05
Following up on last week's introduction of Bedrock support, we're now expanding it to more areas! As of now, players on Minecraft Bedrock (mobile and Windows 10) can now access Tasmantis (survival) and Kenorland (UHC)! This is in addition of the lobby, PvP and parkour that were already enabled. For these, you'll need to be whitelisted properly; it's as simple as viewing your networks page and adding your Xbox Live Gamertag in the appropriate field. There are a few known ...
0 replies
3 August 2020 at 2:05
New month updates!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 2 August 2020 at 3:24
It's a new month, which means a new challenge! UHC makes a return in the lobby, with the four goals that you might be familiar with. You'll be visiting a fictionalized version of the island of Vormsi, off Estonia. Enjoy your cheap vacation, but remember to keep an eye open for any angry local - you die, you're kicked out of UHC for a week! This also means that a new raid boss roams at the Hunter's Lodge. The Ancient Pharaoh has awoken from his slumber and rumors say that ...
0 replies
2 August 2020 at 3:24
Building contest: a medieval castle town!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 19 July 2020 at 2:42
It's time for our next building contest! This time, you're tasked with building a medieval-style castle town! While you're working to establish the town itself, I'll be building the castle atop the nearby hill. Rules Make a medieval-style build that you believe is fitting of a castle town! Use the materials that feel appropriate to you to create the proper atmosphere; you'll be judged on your choices in building type, materials and creativity. This time around, no lo ...
0 replies
19 July 2020 at 2:42
Wider support for multiple game versions
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 18 July 2020 at 17:59
I'm implementing today an improved method for handling multiple game versions on the network. Previously, anyone not using our main game version (1.16.1 at the time of writing) would be limited to the lobby. This would give us a chance to talk with them and explain the version change process if needed. Now, we're adopting a different approach with a wider support. The PvP game server will now be accessible to all players using 1.8 and up, so multiple players using different version ...
0 replies
18 July 2020 at 17:59
Official resource pack update!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 16 July 2020 at 17:56
Thanks to Sphenicus' efforts, our official resource pack has been updated! If you're using any of the older versions, I recommend getting the new version for various corrections, improvements and surprises. New to this release are updates to most of the paintings, with new and updated visuals. Plus, a new music track was introduced for the disc that was added in Minecraft 1.16! For those unfamiliar with the resource pack, it's a light addition to the core game. No blocks or mo ...
0 replies
16 July 2020 at 17:56
All science areas are back online!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 12 July 2020 at 4:16
I know that many of you have been waiting for this, and I'm happy to announce that the science areas are all back online, including the Creeper Citadel! For players that have already completed part of the challenges, some items have been overhauled and you're eligible for a trade. You can find the full list here; to trade them in, please head to the underground of the Post Office at the Citadel. Some new item trades have been added at Moosemart, they will be added later today to th ...
1 reply
→ Last: SorathePumpking on
14 July 2020 at 16:00
Now running Minecraft 1.16.1!
Update by Doctacosa
Started by Administrator on 2 July 2020 at 3:36
All servers have been updated to the latest and greatest on Minecraft 1.16.1; it's time to update your client to discover the Nether Update! There are some important things to note, so please read on. Many of you will be excited to go down under (no, not to Australia...) and discover what's there, or to mine all of the new material. To help with this, we're introducing three new Nether worlds: The main one, to explore and build on, takes the form of a new server called Super ...
0 replies
2 July 2020 at 3:36