Pages: 1 2

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Level: 69 [What's this?]
Posted on May 10, 2010 at 19:23:55 [Post link]

According to Capcom's investor plan for 2010-2011, a game titled Mega Man Online is planned, in a joint venture between Capcom and Neowiz Games Corporation of Korea.

Capcom's Presentation Material of Business Divisional Strategies and Projections 2010-2011

Check section 2.2 :Consumer Online Games FY2010 Strategic Objectives of the document in the link to view the highlight.

Could this have something to do with Mega Man Universe, or could this be an entirely different project?

Edited by Arkane on June 11, 2010 at 0:17:21.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork

Badges: Princess Celestia Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Rin Tezuka Hanako Ikezawa ... and 18 more

NetNavi:
DragonMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 27 [What's this?]
Posted on May 10, 2010 at 19:43:56 [Post link]

This seems like too generic of a name to label this strictly to Battle Network. If this is for Mega Man in general, I have to ask...how would it WORK?

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on May 10, 2010 at 23:06:09 [Post link]

Is it safe to assume this is Mega Man Universe, then?

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Posted on May 11, 2010 at 0:14:23 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by The Helldragon
This seems like too generic of a name to label this strictly to Battle Network. If this is for Mega Man in general, I have to ask...how would it WORK?

Or it's just for classic Mega Man. Battle customizable Robot Masters online, much?

Quote:
Originally posted by Teej
Is it safe to assume this is Mega Man Universe, then?

Who knows.

But, I'd be surprised if Capcom were to release two big budget-sounding Mega Man titles so close together.

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Posted on May 11, 2010 at 21:28:01 [Post link]

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on May 11, 2010 at 21:47:35 [Post link]

Its a nice picture of X, that's for sure. However, the site is preventing you from directly linking to it, so you might want to fix that.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on May 12, 2010 at 2:57:49 [Post link]

I can't shake the feeling that this will end up being "futuristic NeoPet with Robot Masters", aimed at the casual gaming crowd. The picture is pretty, but we've seen some genuine-looking fakes in the past, too so I'd take this with a grain of salt.

As far as I'm concerned, this and Mega Man Universe are the same thing. I don't expect to see two brand-new developments at the same time.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Nayus Dante
Superstar!

Posted on May 12, 2010 at 4:18:44 [Post link]

I always thought that the X series would lend itself well to an MMO. You have two factions, the Hunters and Mavericks, and maybe even an outlaw faction for the likes of Dynamo. Everyone designs their own Reploid and it would play out like any other MMO, with emphasis on the struggles between the factions during a Maverick war of sorts.

Of course, if it's going to be a browser game, they might as well just call it ReploidVille. Still, given that Quake Live is technically a "browser game," I still have some hope for this.

Nayus Dante
Superstar!

Posted on May 12, 2010 at 4:25:05 [Post link]

And I'm sorry to double-post, but I just noticed two things about that poster:

-Earth is in the background, or at least I want to say that it is. The patch of land that you can make out resembles the Middle East. If it IS Earth, then X is on a different planet, possibly the new home of the Reploids?

-Return of Rounded Reploids - This is an art style we haven't seen before. X-X3 were the original style, then X4-X7 were more round but also more mature. This is just incredibly round with the proportions of the original art, and I *really* like it. Good riddance to the X8/MHX blocky "Gundam" style.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Posted on May 12, 2010 at 6:48:26 [Post link]

While the design change in X, Zero, and Axl was a bit off-putting in X8, I did think that it fit rather well with the transition between the X and Zero series of games. So I never really had a problem with that.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
ImageImage

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on May 12, 2010 at 12:51:26 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Nayus Dante
-Earth is in the background, or at least I want to say that it is. The patch of land that you can make out resembles the Middle East. If it IS Earth, then X is on a different planet, possibly the new home of the Reploids?

I think you're looking way too much into this. I see two planes to this picture: one has X on the foreground along with some buildings, while the background shows the Earth as it stands in 21XX. This could simply be two points of view of the same land area.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Posted on June 3, 2010 at 16:15:34 [Post link]

Korean sites Beta News and Mediot have brought forth some new details pertaining to Rockman Online. In addition to providing a few new official illustrations focusing in on Rockman X and Zero (below), both sites have confirmed the game as a 2D side scrolling action RPG with 3D graphics (comparable to that of Mega Man X8 and Maverick Hunter X).

ImageImage

Further, Online will apparently be taking place within the Rockman X universe and its world will be populated by NPCs in addition to users. Capcom is still mum on a console, however many have speculated it to be a PC release due to developer NeoWiz's previous efforts on the platform. At this time, the game will remain a Korean exclusive with no Japanese or Western release planned.

Yeah, we'll see about that.

PS, if anyone thinks those images are too big to post, I'll edit them.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on June 3, 2010 at 17:55:56 [Post link]

Pretty pictures! I like the art direction that they are going with, it's got the clean aesthetics of Maverick Hunter X. Pictures still have a "2007" copyright...

A PC release makes a lot of sense for such a game. I'm curious on how this will work as a 2D side scroller with multiple players located in the same area. Maybe the layout of the areas will be similar to how Mega Man Zero 1 and ZX featured one large map with several interconnections.

I don't want to be a downer, but don't hold your breath for a local release: South Korea is well-known for it's MMORPGs, many of which never step outside the boundaries of the country. Besides, this project is handled by NeoWiz under a license from Capcom, so they'll most likely focus exclusively on their own market. I'm not saying that it will never be available anywhere else, but the odds are slim. The Korean market has been more active in the past several years with the Mega Man franchise, I'm curious on what they'll come up with next.

Teej, Dr. Light, could one of you please make a news post with this information? :)

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on June 3, 2010 at 21:38:56 [Post link]

:hehe:@2007... Have they been working on this game for that long, or is South Korea in one of the world's slowest time zones?

But, since there are no plans to release this outside Asia for now, that must mean that Mega Man Universe is something else, right?

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Posted on June 3, 2010 at 22:02:14 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Pretty pictures! I like the art direction that they are going with, it's got the clean aesthetics of Maverick Hunter X. Pictures still have a "2007" copyright...

A PC release makes a lot of sense for such a game. I'm curious on how this will work as a 2D side scroller with multiple players located in the same area. Maybe the layout of the areas will be similar to how Mega Man Zero 1 and ZX featured one large map with several interconnections.

I don't want to be a downer, but don't hold your breath for a local release: South Korea is well-known for it's MMORPGs, many of which never step outside the boundaries of the country. Besides, this project is handled by NeoWiz under a license from Capcom, so they'll most likely focus exclusively on their own market. I'm not saying that it will never be available anywhere else, but the odds are slim. The Korean market has been more active in the past several years with the Mega Man franchise, I'm curious on what they'll come up with next.

Teej, Dr. Light, could one of you please make a news post with this information? :)

Tried, failed. Can I suggest making it possible to include more than one source for an article?

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on June 4, 2010 at 2:09:14 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Sb20
But, since there are no plans to release this outside Asia for now, that must mean that Mega Man Universe is something else, right?

I originally thought that it was the same thing, but this being a Korean MMORPG really makes me think that Mega Man Universe is another project completely. We will probably know for sure soon, E3 is in two weeks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Teej
Can I suggest making it possible to include more than one source for an article?

I'll see if I can do something about that this weekend. No promises, though.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Posted on June 4, 2010 at 2:11:09 [Post link]

Haven't enough people in Korea died to MMORPGs already> >.>'

ImageImage

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork

Badges: Princess Celestia Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Rin Tezuka Hanako Ikezawa ... and 18 more

NetNavi:
DragonMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on June 4, 2010 at 2:21:43 [Post link]

I really doubt Capcom will hold back on making more money.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Posted on June 4, 2010 at 2:29:05 [Post link]

Sure they will. If they weren't going to hold back on making more money, we'd have Legends 3 and Mega Man X9, and Mega Man 9 and 10 wouldn't have been cheap retro downloads.

ImageImage

Ultimate X
Lead character

Stream: C:
Posted on June 5, 2010 at 4:19:52 [Post link]

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

OMG I want this game! I want to be X!

Changing. Please wait...

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on June 5, 2010 at 5:43:13 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by RisingDragon
Sure they will. If they weren't going to hold back on making more money, we'd have Legends 3 and Mega Man X9, and Mega Man 9 and 10 wouldn't have been cheap retro downloads.

No, you can't guarantee that would have made them more profit, but it definitely would have cost more money to make.

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Posted on June 10, 2010 at 6:22:01 [Post link]

Want this game to come stateside?

Let Capcom know!

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Stream: Are you sure you wanna know
Posted on July 12, 2010 at 4:49:08 [Post link]

All I want to know is, new bosses and/or characters of note worthy.

The Madness topic is looking forward to it already... :huh:

Their coming to take me away, hee hee haw haw hoo hoo
----------------------
You cannot kill what you did not create

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Posted on August 9, 2010 at 16:32:15 [Post link]

http://www.themmnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/rockman_online02.jpg

A much more revealing promo art of the previous, silhouette-esque photo.

According to Mega Man Network's Korean reader RockMaster, Neowiz is preparing for a closed beta service, with recruitment advertisements being passed out. RockMaster speculates that the game could be out this year, with the beta service coming soon.

So it's likely that gameplay footage and screen shots aren't too far off.

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Posted on August 26, 2010 at 6:16:55 [Post link]

At long last, a teaser trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnunSRIyqWs&feature=player_embedded

Holy crossover, Batman!

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Posted on August 26, 2010 at 15:35:46 [Post link]

I'm still in the process of not caring since there's a 99% chance we'll never see it.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on August 31, 2010 at 2:59:55 [Post link]

Impressive animation, that's for sure!

As I've said to someone else, some of the characters have gone through a redesign but I like the results overall. I especially like how Bass ends up with a cloak similar to his EXE counterpart.

I don't want to rub it in too much, but this teaser is far more interesting than the Mega Man Universe one we got a few weeks ago...

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Posted on September 9, 2010 at 18:46:53 [Post link]

Duo.

First area, called Fortress Gaia.

According to a report put out by Stoo.com, Gaia is a large military facility that houses various areas where "battles will unfold." The base is said to contain stages set in a large forest and a city monorail, among other locations. What's more, the report also says Gaia will implement a differentiated play experience based on the player, whatever that's supposed to mean. In a nutshell, it sounds as if Gaia will act as the hub-world where players can meet up and embark on quests, taking place within stages. Educated guess right there, so don't take my word for it.

As for Duo, the article doesn't say specifically if he's playable or not, merely he'll be making an appearance alongside other key characters. Duo was chosen to appear in the game because, like X and Zero, is very popular among fans.

Finally, the report mentions that the Rockman Online teaser trailer released on the 26th of last month already has seen over 150,000 views, and received a huge response from not just South Korea, but Japan, America and Europe as well. Neowiz plans to continue releasing game screenshots, though I get the impression their idea of screenshots includes game artwork, mostly.

News credit: Protodude's Corner and TMMN.

With all of the views generated on that trailer, here's hoping that will help motivate the game's release outside of Korea.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork

NetNavi:
DragonMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on September 10, 2010 at 0:30:26 [Post link]

Hell, it's the most original thing Capcom's done with Mega Man in years, of COURSE America wants it. I just wonder how they'll handle character creation and combat. A turn-based World of Warcraft clicky experience would be dull as hell. I hope they keep it real-time - wouldn't be too hard to manage if they kept it sprite-based.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on September 10, 2010 at 2:26:50 [Post link]

This is Mega Man, and an official title too, so I sure hope they keep it real time. Turn-based worked well in Command Mission, but this is a MMORPG we're talking about: the more things move, the better.

Edited by Dr. Cossack on September 9, 2010 at 22:27:15.

Pages: 1 2

New topic Reply