Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Level: 69 [What's this?]
Posted on February 12, 2011 at 14:45:43 [Post link]

You knew this was coming. :P

Self explanatory. Any series, any game, for whatever reason, you choose.

Here's mine:

1. Mega Man X
2. Mega Man 7
3. Mega Man 3
4. Mega Man 2
5. Mega Man X5/X8
6. Mega Man Powered Up (which will probably be replaced by Mega Man Universe when it releases.)
7. Mega Man X4
8. Mega Man IV
9. Mega Man Zero 3
10. Mega Man Battle Network 2

Honorable mentions: Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man & Bass, Network Transmission, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man 5, Mega Man V, Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge, Mega Man Zero.

I really can't decide if I like X5 or X8 more. Both games have their share of flaws, but both games also get a lot of things right. I'll care to elaborate.

Mega Man X5

The Good: crouching, quite possibly the best armors in the entire series, additional power ups and parts from bosses.

The Bad: Text based cut-scenes (after X4 used fully animated cut-scenes with voice work. Heck, even the PS/SS port of X3 had animated cut-scenes.), limited distribution and acquiring of power ups (especially between two different characters.) Time based gameplay also really ruins the freedom you have in choosing between bosses, especially if you always want to get the "good" ending.

Mega Man X8

The Good: high quality voice work, experience based leveling up system, new game plus.

The Bad: No crouch, bad level designs, not-so-great character designs.

This list isn't to say that these are the only Mega Man games I play, or that I don't like other games. These are just the Mega Man games I've played and enjoyed the most, were the most memorable, or are games that bring me back.

The thing about making these lists, I find my opinions towards certain games changes from time to time, therefor this list will most likely change.

Edited by Arkane on February 16, 2011 at 7:19:20

Hardman
Dragoon Paladin

Stream: I'm back. And I'm serious.
Posted on February 13, 2011 at 1:12:30 [Post link]

Geez, this is a bit long...

Yes, THAT Hardman. This is the new and improved one.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on February 13, 2011 at 6:43:38 [Post link]

In a vague ordering, along with my explanations.

1- Mega Man 6

I think I'm bound to list first a title from the original series, since it was the one that got me hooked (that, and being the only series available at the time...). Mega Man 6 is my favorite thanks to it's weapons, alternate paths, and advanced graphics for the NES. Two castles make the game a lot more enjoyable, and I like being able to charge AND slide!

Alternate pick: Mega Man 5, for much of the same reasons.

2- Mega Man Battle Network 3

Battle Network... My love for that universe is well known by now. I think that the third game hit a good balance, offering several possibilities in the battle system without going overboard. The plot was nice, and the secret area seriously lengthened the play time of the game. It's the BN title that I've spent the most time on.

Alternate pick: Mega Man Battle Network 2, which has a similar structure but a bit less depth.

3- Mega Man X4

Zero is fully playable! Voice acting! Movies! Drama! Wily! Space dust! This game had it all. Despite the rather bad voice acting, it was great to see Capcom put some effort in their games, and the 32 bits 2D graphics are much better than Mega Man 8's cartoony look.

Alternate pick: Mega Man X8 as another high-budget, high-scale game that was FUN to play.

4- Mega Man X5

I love Mega Man X5. The stages were often copycats of X4, but the dynamic soundtrack is among my favorites. The Eurasia Colony crash, a plot point with actual significance in more than one game (or series!) was a great way to add some energy to the overall story. This game also stabilized the cast instead of starting almost completely from zero in each title.

5- Mega Man X: Command Mission

Considering how long fans asked for an "X RPG", it was surprising to get one... and a game that went all out, too! Familiars like Signas and Alia were missed, but people like Redips and Nana filled the place. This is another high-budget game that turned out great. The battle system is a blast, and I like how you can perform some actions without losing a turn (changing of armors, swapping characters, and similar stuff). That last point is rarely possible in RPGs, and I hate to waste a turn just preparing an action.

6- Mega Man Battle Network 6

Closing of the series, it picked up after Battle Network 4 and 5's low points to tie everything up nicely in the finale. The battle system allows a LOT of various strategies to be used, which are needed if you ever wanted to defeat Bass BX...

7- Mega Man & Bass

The dark sheep of the original series, which I often forget about yet have several fond memories of. It played on the series's difficulty level without removing any abilities, while the Master Weapons were functional and often useful.

8- Mega Man Zero 2

The second Zero title kept almost all of the fun characters of the first one, improved on the music and graphics, fixed some of the game design elements (extra lives!) and upped the ante overall. It also doesn't have the insane amount of items and Zero 3 has, which often left me overwhelmed.

9- Mega Man V

For a game set in black & white, on an handheld, it sure was impressive. It took a lot of risks by including an all-new array of bosses, changing the setting and even replacing the Mega Buster, but it paid off very well. I like the stardroids and their various abilities.

10- Mega Man 2

Because it has to be here somewhere.

It doesn't mean that I've played these games more than the others: I've played a lot more of Mega Man 2 over X8, but if you ask me to play one game only for several hours, I'd pick X8.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on February 16, 2011 at 9:21:51 [Post link]

1. Mega Man X
2. Mega Man 9
3. Mega Man 10
4. Mega Man Powered Up
5. Mega Man III (What?)
6. Mega Man Battle Network 2
7. Mega Man Zero 2
8. Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (see #1)
9. Mega Man Zero
10. Mega Man Battle Network

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on February 17, 2011 at 0:07:37 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
1. Mega Man X
2. Mega Man 9
3. Mega Man 10
4. Mega Man Powered Up
5. Mega Man III (What?)
6. Mega Man Battle Network 2
7. Mega Man Zero 2
8. Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (see #1)
9. Mega Man Zero
10. Mega Man Battle Network

Laugh at this, I don't care.

1.Megaman Battle Network 6
2.Megaman Battle Network 5
3.Megaman Star Force 3 (wait...WHAT!?!?!?)
4.Megaman X Collection
5.Megaman Classics Collection
6.Megaman Battle Network 2
7.Megaman Battle Network 3
8.Megaman 2
9.Megaman Zero 3
10.Rockman Battle and Chase

After the top 5, the're interchangeable...

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on February 17, 2011 at 2:25:41 [Post link]

1. Mega Man Legends
2. Mega Man 2
3. Mega Man X
4. Mega Man Battle Network 2
5. Mega Man Battle Network 3
6. Mega Man 3
7. Mega Man X Command Mission
8. Mega Man X8
9. Mega Man 6
10. Mega Man Battle Network 6

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Stream: Are you sure you wanna know
Posted on February 18, 2011 at 5:28:46 [Post link]

10= Mega Man X: Soul Eraser
9= Mega Man X: Command Mission
8= Rockman and Forte
7= Mega Man 9
6= Mega Man X8
5= Mega Man X7
4= Wily Wars
3= Mega Man V -gameboy-