User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: The End...

Pages: 1

Septina
Contributor
Robot master

Posted on May 6, 2014 at 14:52:41 [Post link]

A few of us were discussing the possibility of getting a 3rd alternate world made for us to play on. The idea was to make the 3rd world The End. As we all know the current End gets reset about every 2 weeks give or take so people can kill the dragon and get the xp and achievement for it. But because this world gets reset so often we aren't able to play and build in that world. The idea of making a 3rd alternate world strictly for The End would help solve this issue. We could then enjoy our gaming experience on Creeper's Lab to the fullest because we would then have every world option and type available to us to play and build on. I am writing this with the hopes others will agree with Hammertoe_1, Xilos77, and I with creating this 3rd World. Thank you.

Hammertoe
Lil' metool

Posted on May 6, 2014 at 15:03:04 [Post link]

Seconded

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on May 6, 2014 at 16:34:53 [Post link]

The only reason I ever heard to have an extra End was to build farms on it, and nothing else. Did you have any other goals in mind, or was this the one?

Farms have been all the rage lately, and the server's performance has been taking a hit due to this. I'm not convinced that adding even more to that will be beneficial, just for the sake of scoring some ender pearls and a bit of XP. Still, I'm willing to discuss options.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Septina
Contributor
Robot master

Posted on May 6, 2014 at 17:05:17 [Post link]

I will admit that building an Ender farm is something a few have discussed about wanting but are currently unable to build. Some other Ideas i had was building a town in the End, kind of Science Fiction-ish due to the "space" look the end of the world gives off.

Hammertoe
Lil' metool

Posted on May 7, 2014 at 4:13:45 [Post link]

I freely admit that the reason I want it is for an enderman farm (or 2). The spawn rates of endermen are crazy there and it takes only about a minute to reach level 30. I can't speak with complete certainty...but this would probably subvert some afk farming at other mob grinders due to the high amount of xp that endermen drop. I built one of these on my single player world, and they work outstandingly well.

Just my 2 cents.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on May 7, 2014 at 15:37:08 [Post link]

I doubt that this'll make much of a dent on the use of grinders, considering that many (if not most) players use them for supplies. Besides, what you describe sounds more like a game balance-breaking exploit. If it's possible to get to level 30 in a minute, levels basically become meaningless and a big part of the survival challenge is lost. Frankly, this sounds like a terrible idea to me.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Hammertoe
Lil' metool

Posted on May 7, 2014 at 16:13:25 [Post link]

Levels don't become meaningless only easier to get. The only difference between an enderman farm and a skeleton grinder is time. Would you rather stand at a skeleton grinder for a several hours, or days to get the levels you need for enchants, or an hour tops at an enderman farm?

Basically what it comes down to is time spent standing in one place vs actually building stuff.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on May 8, 2014 at 16:56:16 [Post link]

Quote from post #233977:
Originally posted by Hammertoe
Basically what it comes down to is time spent standing in one place vs actually building stuff.

With that logic, you might as well play in creative mode and skip all of that grinding and item hunting nonsense. Those devices are built to speed up a process, true, but aren't required in any way.

Hammertoe
Lil' metool

Posted on May 11, 2014 at 7:14:26 [Post link]

Then why do we have Togglechop and block exchanges?

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on May 12, 2014 at 4:44:38 [Post link]

One of my main reasons for including Togglechop is to prevent people from only cutting the bottom half of trees. Early in the server's life, before I added that mode, I had to deal with large amounts of half-dead, floating tree heads, and it frankly looked back.

Most of the options in the block exchange are simply impossible to get through vanilla gameplay; this is simply a way to allow people to gain access to such items without limiting their building ideas. The few blocks that CAN be found, like the chiseled stone blocks and the mossy stone brick, are in such small quantities that people would tear through the server trying to find them. Since they'll be craftable in 1.8, the trades will be retired then. All of the offers require blocks put in for each obtained, thus preserving the Law of Equivalent Exchange.

Hammertoe
Lil' metool

Posted on May 12, 2014 at 5:49:42 [Post link]

Well I guess we both have our own reasons for wanting and not-wanting things. I'll stop trying to convince you to make a permanent version of the end and instead, put all my efforts into making diamonds meaningless. I just hope that one day you changer yer mind.

Edited by Hammertoe on May 13, 2014 at 13:31:14

Pages: 1

New topic Reply