Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by The Helldragon
Quote:
Originally posted by RisingDragon
Forcing me to finish a battle within three turns just sucks.

Quoted for the win. Considering how the Custom Screen is supposed to be under your control, having it pop up in the middle of my efforts is not a good idea. Also, while busting speed is often important in getting the good chips, very early on, the chip folder really sucks, so how the heck are you supposed to fight quickly and effectively? Sorry, but Liberation Missions fail hard.

You can go back and redo a mission any time you'd like by talking to the Mr. Prog in the area. It doesn't matter if your chip folder isn't as good as needs to be to get great results when you first fight them; you can always come back when your folder has gotten better.

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6324 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by AimMan v2.5
You can go back and redo a mission any time you'd like by talking to the Mr. Prog in the area. It doesn't matter if your chip folder isn't as good as needs to be to get great results when you first fight them; you can always come back when your folder has gotten better.

Exactly, and that's what I did: on the first attempt, all I did was go defeat the boss. I then came back to the missions after powering up in order to get the extra bonuses you earn when you're a few turns below the "Officials' Reward".

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

See, I can't do that, because I can't get any farther than the second Liberation mission. So I can't GET new chips and crap to do better at previous missions.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

MagimanV1.5
4th Cousin to Doc
Inactive
874 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Quote:
And Liberation missions suck. >.>

Infidel! That was the best part of the game: the developers finally found a way to put several virus battles without having it feel too tedious. You haven't played enough of the previous games: they loved to have you fight 3 / 5 / 10 / 20 / 30 virus battles in a row without stopping, which I found extremely annoying. They almost eliminated that from Battle Network 5, with one exception that I can think of (three battles in a row).

Besides, the music in Liberation Missions rocked.

Yes, indeed. I support the good doctor here. Liberation missions were a very interesting concept. The one thing I did dislike was the part where you combat the Navi (THREE TURNS!?). Being able to fight as other Navis is probably the best thing Capcom ever did for this series, I've been calling since BN3 for one fight as Protoman. And the music is très bien.
Too bad if your chip folder is lame, that means you need to get more chips. If you think all the chips up to that point are bad chips and you can't make an effective combination with them, YOU fail at the game. Anyone can fight with amazingly good folders. Good battlers fight with the best they have.
And if you can't beat the second liberation mission, you... just be silent on the topic.

Edited by MagimanV1.5 on January 19, 2007 at 13:02:40.

98% of teens have made a "98% of teens" Signature. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're the 2% that finds it stupid.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

I also despise strategy games, and making BN5 a strategy game was not a good thing for me.

Wallan100
GutsNinja!!!!
Inactive
11 posts

I may only have Red Sun and MMBN 2 but I love 'em both. And I think the most retarded Navi I've seen fo' sho' is Topman.
He looks like a hunk of junk!!!

O)
Aaaahhhh its the cyclops!

HighMaxOmega
is almost to Epsilon
Inactive
804 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by The Helldragon
I also despise strategy games, and making BN5 a strategy game was not a good thing for me.

If you don'tlike strategy games, shouldn't you have avoided RPGs all toghether? 0.o

I loved lib missions, especially when you have access to both versions - they're made so each version has a winning clear strategy f you can just find it, and the fact that it works fluidly for both teams is awesome.

I just wish Mega was eventually able to get his own yellow NaviChip.

Mach Jentra: I heard you were dead.
Zero: You know me - never say 'die.'

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

Because there's a major difference between RPGs and Strategy games.

Can you really compare Final Fantasy with Command and Conquer?

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

MagimanV1.5
4th Cousin to Doc
Inactive
874 posts

Quote:
Because there's a major difference between RPGs and Strategy games.

Can you really compare Final Fantasy with Command and Conquer?

Can you compare either of them to MMBN? :P
It is more of a conglomerate of RPG and Action, and the liberation missions were comparable to Dynasty warriors in concept, with ordinary MMBN for the battles. Soo.. Where is the strategy in that, exactly? Fight battles. Win battles. Yay. If you can't comprehend that, go back to playing Final Fantasy.

Edited by MagimanV1.5 on January 23, 2007 at 14:03:06.

98% of teens have made a "98% of teens" Signature. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're the 2% that finds it stupid.

DarkMega_Alpha
Lil' metool
Inactive
3 posts

Punk, Bubbleman, Flamman, WarRock, HarpNote, Glide, Spout/Aquaman, Tenguman, Laserman, Plantman, Iceman, Meddy, Chargeman, so many more.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

I must disagree with you on Tenguman, for his awesome power is critical.

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

You know, they should TOTALLY combine the three turn limit and the 30-round virus battles. At the START of the game. :P

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Morphman
You know, they should TOTALLY combine the three turn limit and the 30-round virus battles. At the START of the game. :P

Why don't they just make your gameboy regulate Electric shocks through itself to stun the user? Same idea...

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Junkman DS
Master of the Junksoul
Inactive
16 posts

heat man from mmbn 2

chaotix07
Undernet King
Inactive
77 posts

Hey! how about making our game boy turn into a true PET! sounds coll right?......hehehehehe....

DarkMega_Alpha
Lil' metool
Inactive
3 posts

Y'know what? I'm not done.

Serenade, Bass, Colorman, Magicman, Stoneman, Woodman, Thunderman, Snakeman, Bowlman, Mistman, Sparkman, Larkman, Gyroman, Cosmoman, Iris, Circusman, and Eraseman(even though he's awesome).

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkMega_Alpha
Y'know what? I'm not done.

Serenade, Bass, Colorman, Magicman, Stoneman, Woodman, Thunderman, Snakeman, Bowlman, Mistman, Sparkman, Larkman, Gyroman, Cosmoman, Iris, Circusman, and Eraseman(even though he's awesome).

You just insulted some of the coolest navis I can think of in a standard list without listing any reason for any of them... >__>

-5 kudos.

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Ms. Sunday
Baroque Works officer
Inactive
89 posts

Iris is not stupid. She just looks like a girl. Whats so stupid about that? Did someone mentioon elementman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtgN5U1bCM
All thanks for Slash Beast on making this.

FlareMan
DMN #007
Inactive
1176 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkMega_Alpha
Punk, Bubbleman, Flamman, WarRock, HarpNote, Glide, Spout/Aquaman, Tenguman, Laserman, Plantman, Iceman, Meddy, Chargeman, so many more.

First off, War Rock isn't a Navi. He's not even in Battle Network. He's part of Star Force.

Secondly, Punk > You. By lots and lots.

Stupidest looking navi?

... I wanna say BubbleMan, but I feel that would be TOO obvious...

~EDIT~

OH YES.

BlizzardMan.

Edited by FlareMan on March 11, 2007 at 0:30:48.

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Sunday
Iris is not stupid. She just looks like a girl. Whats so stupid about that? Did someone mentioon elementman?

She just looks like a girl? Then does that mean...

Edited by Black Dranzer.exe on March 12, 2007 at 20:16:04.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

chaotix07
Undernet King
Inactive
77 posts

wrong! Iris IS A GIRL!

Jennifermylove
BassLord
Inactive
36 posts

Iwould have to say Elementman or Numberman or Meddy or Colorman.

Edited by Jennifermylove on August 3, 2007 at 15:34:48.

Before you criticize a man walk a mile in his shoes, that way when you criticize him your a mile away and you have his shoes.

"No, I tell you this only because your hearts are pure. Well, except you Axel, your heart emits enough radiation to kill small animals."

(\__/)
( O.o)
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

chaotix07
Undernet King
Inactive
77 posts

Wah! Circusman REALLY looks STUPID! i hate him when his dancing that crazy clown dance! ugh!!...

AMP!

Edited by chaotix07 on September 29, 2007 at 4:52:51.

omegaX
god of darkness
Inactive
61 posts

I thought coolerman, bubbleman and stoneman were stupid looking.
heatman was only a little lame.

this is far from over

Image Image