Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: ANOTHER Bible topic?!, Don't worry, it's just asking for help...

Pages: 1

God
Not A Feminist

Stream: BREAKING NEWS!: Snape kills Dumbledore.
Posted on November 20, 2006 at 3:27:35 [Post link]

lol, and these people are Wiccan, too.

[quote name='Oberon' date='Nov 19 2006, 09:21 PM' post='130808'] [quote]What do you mean? What arabic version? what was re-written or taken out to serve prosecution? What books are missing?

[quote]It's common knowledge... not sure if Arabic is the right original language, lemme check [/me asks]. Hm, okay, Hebrew? Well, I could swear the version they were talking about was more obscure then that. Though I relally knew Arabic was wrong... and, yeah, common knowledge, most paradoxial book ever written, etc., etc... it would take years to fully answer the questions you wrote here... lol.[/quote][/quote]

The old testament was written in hebrew. All of the gospels were written in greek. The Koran, the Holy Book of Islam, was written in arabic. Although many versions are different in very, very, small areas, this is because of errors in copying, not to serve persecution. Also, there are no books missing. [/quote]

"NO BOOKS MISSING AND I'M ARROGANT!" Okay, so who with a better knowledge then me wants to set these people straight?

Edited by God on November 19, 2006 at 21:29:39.

Unknown

Posted on November 21, 2006 at 21:40:21 [Post link]

Post redacted

God
Not A Feminist

Posted on November 21, 2006 at 21:46:18 [Post link]

Uhh... just asking for more detailed info, or at least info that sounds like it comes from a knowledgeable source, about the books that were missing from the Bible.

Unknown

Posted on November 21, 2006 at 22:10:46 [Post link]

Post redacted

God
Not A Feminist

Posted on November 22, 2006 at 21:53:30 [Post link]

I believe you were the one who posted that entire books had been removed around the time of persecution when they started changing Christianity to fit their own prejudices and trying to get rid of the Pagans.

Edited by God on December 5, 2006 at 10:55:38.

Unknown

Posted on November 22, 2006 at 22:02:24 [Post link]

Post redacted

Maverick
My face is afflicted with Green.

Stream: Ouch, my thigh hurts.
Posted on December 3, 2006 at 12:40:19 [Post link]

Sigh.

Research: The Apocrypha

Then,

Research: Books of the Bible

Do you just ... not look at Wikipedia?

Ah, the Truth. It's out there ... nah, maybe not.

the_dreamer36
Revolutionary Musician

Stream: I like cheese.
Posted on December 3, 2006 at 23:11:19 [Post link]

Well, the Apocrypha was taken out of the protestant Bibles. Often times it's still included in the back though. But Catholic Bibles include those seven apocryphal books. The only books I can imagine that you would be talking about are the Gnostic gospels. The Gnostics believed that all material existance is evil, and thus, Jesus couldn't have taken on human form. They believed that his spirit came down to earth and his physical being was an illusion. This was declared a heresy because it goes against the Catholic doctrine that Jesus was fully God and fully man, at the same time. Those gospels are the ones you hear about that talk about Mary Magdeline being married to Jesus. Whether that is true or not, I dunno, but those are the only ones I know about.

Just a Catholic perspective on your question. :)

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

-Benjamin Franklin

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here

Posted on December 4, 2006 at 21:33:59 [Post link]

I don't understant. Is this topic about whether or not the Bible is complete and some parts originally in it are now ommitted, or did I completely miss the point?

God
Not A Feminist

Posted on December 7, 2006 at 19:28:46 [Post link]

Something like that, Air.

Well, Maverick, I do not have endless amounts of time on my hand during which I can spend just reading 7-page write-ups in font size 1 just so I can respond better to some poeple on a message board who are being iditos, when the entire message board is full of nothing but.

So there is no reason I should not ask those who already HAVE, yeah since not looking for something specific it makes it much easier 'cause it'll be more intresting then. And you already know the answer if you've seen it, and from where.

Plus.

Wikipedia kinda sucks.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply