User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Phantom Hourglass, Who else enjoyed it

Pages: 1

Slash Beast
Irken Invader

Stream: ............
Posted on October 20, 2007 at 6:38:34 [Post link]

Despite what alot of people have said - its too short, weak gameplay, too easy, bad plot yadda yadda. I personally loved this game & is one of the best games for DS that I've played. & well anyone else got it?

ImageImageImage

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on October 20, 2007 at 6:41:19 [Post link]

I don't have it, but I'd like to get it. From what I've read, the plot is fine, has a bit of a Link's Awakening feel to it. I'd get it, but I only have enough money for one game and I've already got ZXA reserved, so... yeah.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Slash Beast
Irken Invader

Posted on October 20, 2007 at 6:47:25 [Post link]

Well the game can be short... thats if you sit down for for like 2 days & play straight through it & not do any sidequests or enjoy the environment & sail around to find hidden islands. Besides the graphics are awesome, I have also noticed that most DS games latley have been coming out with better graphics by how I've seen this game & the upcoming Ninja Gaiden.

ImageImageImage

Ace Scope
Superstar!

Posted on October 20, 2007 at 13:02:47 [Post link]

It does look good, and I have enough to afford it (I have enough to buy like 3 games) but my mom isn't letting me buy anything else because i've already bought a bunch of games this month. Getting this for christmas though.

MaceMan
Knight

Stream: zzzzzt!
Posted on October 20, 2007 at 19:27:32 [Post link]

I don't have it yet, but my friend let me try it out.

It looks really good. The only thing that kinda ticked me off was walking with the stylus, but I suppose I'll prolly get used to it.

Nothing is foolproof to a truly talented fool.

Sorry, MegaMan, but it looks like you
might be stuck up there for a little while more... Actually... at this rate... you may NEVER come down!!! *sob*

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Stream: Huzzah!
Posted on October 20, 2007 at 20:21:25 [Post link]

The stylus control feels SLIGHTLY awkward at first but that's the way every learning curve goes. By the second temple or so you should feel completely at home.

I think, in general, it's one of the most robust games on the platform to date. It makes full use of DS's graphical capabilities, and has many interesting and clever puzzles that involve the touch screen and microphone (there's even a hilarious little puzzle that involves closing the DS as if you were putting it into sleep mode). Additionally, the new map system is a brilliant idea and any Zelda game henceforth that doesn't feature it will feel slightly obsolete, in my opinion.

P.S. Linebeck owns your soul.

Slash Beast
Irken Invader

Posted on October 21, 2007 at 2:46:20 [Post link]

yea I felt the same way at the beginning, & as for those puzzles some of them I would have never guessed, it really makes use of all the DS' capabilities that other games make you forget about. and yea Linebeck is probably one of the best characters I've seen in all of Zelda & for some reason he kinda reminds me of Jack Sparrow. >_>

ImageImageImage

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on October 21, 2007 at 8:21:21 [Post link]

As of yet, I do not yet own this game, but I am quite certain I would like it. I love playing through the Wind Waker, even the boring parts, and seeing how Phantom Hourglass is for the DS with these moves and all... that just makes me want to play it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Slash Beast
and yea Linebeck is probably one of the best characters I've seen in all of Zelda & for some reason he kinda reminds me of Jack Sparrow. >_>

SSSHHHT! Don't let Teej hear you!

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on October 22, 2007 at 23:54:49 [Post link]

Linebeck is the best Zelda character ever.

Tingle got his own game. Linebeck deserves his own SERIES.

MaceMan
Knight

Posted on October 23, 2007 at 1:41:12 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Teej

Would not a series about a slightly cowardly man of the seas get just a little boring? What would you do? Ferry legendary heroes around, and NOT adventure into dungeons?

Not to say I don't like the guy, but a legendary hero of gaming he is not. ^_^

And Tingle... oy... he shouldn't have even made it into the Zelda games that he did, let alone his own game...

-

Just got Phantom Hourglass, by the way. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but I still think I would have preferred a more standard method of control.

Edited by MaceMan on October 22, 2007 at 19:43:35.

might be stuck up there for a little while more... Actually... at this rate... you may NEVER come down!!! *sob*

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Stream: Huzzah!
Posted on October 23, 2007 at 2:18:27 [Post link]

Actually, think about it...there COULD hypothetically be some basis for a Linebeck side-story. More exposure about his history with Jolene, maybe? XD

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on October 23, 2007 at 3:24:51 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by MaceMan
Quote:
Originally posted by Teej

Would not a series about a slightly cowardly man of the seas get just a little boring? What would you do? Ferry legendary heroes around, and NOT adventure into dungeons?

Not to say I don't like the guy, but a legendary hero of gaming he is not. ^_^

And Tingle... oy... he shouldn't have even made it into the Zelda games that he did, let alone his own game...

-

Just got Phantom Hourglass, by the way. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but I still think I would have preferred a more standard method of control.

Edited by MaceMan on October 22, 2007 at 19:43:35.

The first time you see him is in a dungeon, don't be ridiculous! ;D

MaceMan
Knight

Posted on October 23, 2007 at 6:42:06 [Post link]

Well... there's a point there.

So the point of the game is to get trapped in a dungeon, and wait for the hero to find you. ^_-

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on October 23, 2007 at 22:40:00 [Post link]

I had been awaiting this game prior to it's release. However, I've yet to been able to pick it up with several other games I've been wanting to (including Pokemon Diamond). Oh, if only money wasn't so tight.

Hopefully eventually I'll get a copy of this. And Twilight Princess too, for that matter. :lol:

Pages: 1

New topic Reply