Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Baroque

Pages: 1

Nayus Dante
Superstar!

Posted on April 6, 2008 at 12:21:53 [Post link]

Is anybody else excited about this localization of a port of a remake of a port? Originally for Sega Saturn, then ported to PSX, now remade for PS2 and Wii, Baroque is a unique looking dungeon crawler with a surreal atmosphere. Comes out Tuesday.

http://www.atlus.com/baroque/

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on April 6, 2008 at 16:48:35 [Post link]

Not on my end. I haven't found a single dungeon crawler that doesn't turn out to be awfully repetitive quite fast, so I'm not really interested in that genre of games.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on April 6, 2008 at 17:35:50 [Post link]

I'll stick to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, thanks.

Ace Scope
Superstar!

Posted on April 6, 2008 at 17:46:52 [Post link]

Saw it before, and slightly peaked my interest. If it gets decent reviews I might give it a rental, but otherwise, meh.

Nayus Dante
Superstar!

Posted on April 7, 2008 at 3:22:51 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Ace Scope
Saw it before, and slightly peaked my interest. If it gets decent reviews I might give it a rental, but otherwise, meh.

So far, Nintendo Power gave it a whopping 28/100.

Now, I haven't subscribed to NP since the very early GameCube days. Still, I don't really remember them saying that anything was BAD. Most magazines these days won't give out anything below a 5, unless it's broken. Stuff like unpolished independent games gets 2s and 3s, and those are really niche games anyway (Etrom for example).

At any rate, Baroque is an atmosphere game, unlike anything I've ever seen. I've actually played a bit of the original, and it can't be THAT bad. If you like surreal games at all, look into it. It's definitely more subtle and eerie than anything of recent years, so it should be a refreshing break from modern cliches.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply