User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: My Grandma added me on Facebook

Pages: 1

Sakura
Aqua-cadet

Stream: Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Posted on July 21, 2009 at 2:45:57 [Post link]

Honestly, has any Facebook users noticed the incline in older people signing up?
First it started off with my best friend's Aunt (and they are close family friends, I've known my best friend literally since I was born, and her aunt is a co-worker to my parent's, and her mom used to be too), then my Godmother (co-worker), then a family friend to me and my best friend's family (who's wife is a co-worker of my parents), and now, MY GRANDMOTHER (whom was a co-worker too, lmao).

But has anyone else expierenced this?
I honestly think Facebook is going to outgrow Myspace, by a long shot.
I'm friends with a massive assortment of friends, from friends in Japan to my own Grandmother.

I was a bit shady about adding my Grandma at first, I didn't want her seeing some of the things I wrote. But now I just tone it down and actually I don't care if she sees. It's me and that's all that's important. I think it's cute she's adding all these people we are all connected with. It's truly mind blowing.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on July 21, 2009 at 2:48:38 [Post link]

I haven't experienced it... mainly because I don't use Facebook at all, and barely use Myspace as it is. I don't have to worry about it, really.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on July 21, 2009 at 2:56:38 [Post link]

Yeah, when my parents told me they were making theirs, I gave them some bullshit excuse not to add me. Kind of happy I did; there's no way I want them keeping track of what I write. One of my grandparents made one, but he never checks it, so I don't worry about it anyways.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on July 21, 2009 at 4:46:25 [Post link]

This is one of the reasons why I refuse to sign up to Facebook. It would be socially inconvienent (more so than not having an account) to tell some people I would not want to add them as friends and I already wear a normal suit in real life. Well, sorta.

I'm not about to do that on the internet. Ho-Oh no!

Smirnoff
Superstar!

Stream: Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
Posted on July 23, 2009 at 23:22:29 [Post link]

I've discovered that social networking with the elderly creates a whole host of problems, outweighing the life experience and velour sweaters initially brought to the table.

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
Cookie.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on July 24, 2009 at 3:08:31 [Post link]

Not only there is a increase of membership of elderly, other age groups are switching from MySpace to Facebook. People I've talk to say it's much easier to use.

Me? I'm sticking with MySpace. They are all the same to me.

Edited by Breakman on July 23, 2009 at 20:09:23.

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on August 10, 2009 at 1:50:55 [Post link]

Actually, some of my aunts and uncles in the US added me on FB awhile ago. Met them last night and they said "oh, I know how you're doing. I check your FB."

Suddenly, I started to worry about what I wrote there in the past...

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on August 10, 2009 at 2:35:00 [Post link]

And then you suddendly lose your biggest conversation topic when meeting relatives: "So, what have you been up to lately? Doing well in school / work / whatever?"

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on August 10, 2009 at 16:28:33 [Post link]

That too. Luckily there was one of them who wasn't on FB and that I hadn't seen in about 8 years.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply