Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Warner Bros. May Work 3D Magic on 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'

Harry Potter, our favorite angst-ridden teenage wizard, will soon becoming to a 3D theater near you.

No official announcement has been made; however, Heat Vision reports that the 'Harry Potter' distributor Warner Bros. is hoping to reap the gargantuan -- and still increasing -- worldwide success of 'Avatar' by converting the upcoming 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I' and 'Part II' into 3D.

This 3D-talk first begin at Warner during the process of converting its Sam Worthington vehicle, and blockbuster-in-waiting, 'Clash of the Titans,' which enters theaters on Apr. 2 (more on that here).

Transferring 'Titans' to 3D proved much cheaper than the distributor had expected, and now plans are underway to convert its wizard-franchise's next installments into 3D. The price tag to convert each pic is now at $5 million, which Warner hopes to make back with the increase in ticket prices for IMAX 3D screens.

'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1' will be released on Nov. 19; 'Part 2' is slated for a July 15, 2011 release.

January 26, 2010 | By: Adam Keleman

Source: http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2010/01/26/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-3d/3#c25014551

Personal reaction: 8(

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Interesting.

I don't especially want this as I'd rather see the entire set done in the same format. Since the first six weren't in 3D, I think it'd be better to keep it in it's original format for the conclusion.

With that said, if this isn't just a big gimmick, I can live with it. Avatar didn't abuse it's 3D, it simply added a layer to the image and it was quite effective at that too.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

Personally, I would not like the movie in 3D. 3D movies hurt my eyes, whether I have the glasses on or not. I get a huge headache, and then I'm not happy, haha. Also, 3D movies are not that interesting, never really where, they don't really look like they are reaching out or anything.

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

I know. Personally I dislike 3D movies as well and the other six were also made normally, so why go away from that? There were some 3D scenes in the sixth one apparently, but I've heard most people say they liked it less than the fifth one, so obviously full 3D it's not a thing they should go for.

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality
Inactive
32 posts

Never saw the Harry Potter movies in 3D, I just don't think they need it.

As far as the seventh book, Deathly Hollows. I tried to read it a few times, but I fall asleep to easily. I'll stick to the movies.

Their coming to take me away, hee hee haw haw hoo hoo
----------------------
You cannot kill what you did not create

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Well, look at that! The first part of the last movie, at the very least, won't be in 3D. They're still considering what to do with the second part.

I think it's better this way. Movies filmed to be in 3D in the first place can give good results, and I'm willing to pay for that. Post-filming conversions, however, often don't come up as great. Alice in Wonderland was disappointing on that front.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

MegamanZero66
PS3 Trophy betch.
Inactive
683 posts

I got bored after the first chapter of Philosipher's Stone and haven't read any other Harry Potter book at all. But 3D sounds interesting to say the least for a movie like that. It's like Twilight in 3d, it doesnt need it, but everyone wants it.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

... the thought of Twilight in 3D, Zero, is frankly terrifying and now I have to go scrub my brain with gravel and bleach.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Or, the shorter version: ... the thought of Twilight is frankly terrifying.

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Well, look at that! The first part of the last movie, at the very least, won't be in 3D. They're still considering what to do with the second part.

I think it's better this way. Movies filmed to be in 3D in the first place can give good results, and I'm willing to pay for that. Post-filming conversions, however, often don't come up as great. Alice in Wonderland was disappointing on that front.

Woohoo! Now I won't have to look crazy wearing glasses over glasses while getting a seizure!

Quote:

Oh come on now, it's not that bad!

Just look at the beauty it holds in its many-coloured perfection:

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Avatar was filmed for 3D, which is why it looked great.

Clash wasn't, so it looked like shit.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

I didn't like Avatar to begin with, Pocahontas and blue furries everywhere.
I hope they make a non-3D version of Harry Potter, because I actually want to see it.
They just made a Jackass movie in 3D recently too. I like Jackass but I am very uninterested in seeing it in 3D.
: /
Why is 3D making a comeback anyways?

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakura
Why is 3D making a comeback anyways?

It's mainly because the 3D techniques have become a lot more advanced, and if you then have a few 3D movies that are really popular, everyone wants to do that.

Often when animation or film technology advances to a new stage, everyone immediately wants to try it out, or at least they do after they see at least one film using it become popular (as with Avatar). Hence also why a few years back The Wild and Madagascar came out around the same time: animal animations had gotten advanced enough for the producers to want to go with it.

Hao
Fear Factory
Inactive
1268 posts

Quote:

You think watching it is bad? Try working at a movie theater during a sold out weekend. All those teenage girls and pre-teen girls and all they chaos they make... :huh:

Good thing I quit before Harry Potter came out. That movie wasn't actually that good... I mean there are some scenes the movie got right but overall... wasn't worth the 15$. Although, 15$ for 3 early IMAX 3D tickets is a fair price since I had two coupons. The actual price for 3 early IMAX tickets... 36$. The AM special discount! You know how much it'll be when it hits noon? 46.50$. Uh-huh. 15.50 a pop. They are charging an arm and leg in my theater for bootlegged 3D IMAX... real IMAX is cheaper. But apparently not as good since it's not digital. :

Edited by Hao on December 15, 2010 at 10:49:16.