Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: False Claims on Youtube, totally putting the LP comminuty in a state of shock

Pages: 1

Sakura
Aqua-cadet

Stream: Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 0:57:22 [Post link]

While many of you may or may not know, there are a group of people dedicated to making video walkthroughs of games to help people, called Let's Plays (or LPs for short).

Well, recently in the LP community, smaller LPers were being suspended from youtube. Not a lot of people took any notice to these trolls who were lurking in the shadows, until LPers The ArchFiend and He11sing were suspended. Still, not many people cared. It wasn't until recently that LPer subscribers took notice when a more famous LPer, Nintendocaprisun, suddenly became suspended. The reason? Copywrite infringement.

Apparently, I guess, Let's Play videos are usually not taken down for copywrite infringement because either they are not violating copywrite laws, or the game companies don't care, I do not remember which one.

Well, someone, or some people, having been going around by account names: CONJOPI, YourMyResistance, TheAwesomeToby, etc. These accounts have been filing FALSE DMCA claims against these LPers, stating that they owned the rights to pokemon, and even someone's voice. Those two claims went against LPer Chuggaaconroy, which is a top LPer, with about 120k subscribers, which grows weekly, who has been suspended today.

Although they are not big youtub-ians, these people spend a lot of time and dedication to give their fans what they want. Nintendocaprisun is completely dedicated to his fans, he is very close and personal with his fanbase. His vlogging account, JealousGuy, was also suspended on youtube for the same DCMA claims. NCS has filed a counter-claim against CONJOPI, which means either CONJOPI will physically take NCS to court, or not reply, and drop the charges.

Filing false claims is ILLEGAL, he also does it under false information, which is identity theft, which is ILLEGAL (especially impersonating a whole company). Internet harassment is ILLEGAL. Perjury is ILLEGAL.

CONJOPI/the other user names have stated that they want to change the way the that the flagging system on youtube works. I completely agree with their idea: the flagging system must be changed! But the way that CONJOPI is going about this is ridiculous, two wrongs do not make a right. He is taking down people's hard work (who may not even have it backed-up) and exploiting it in order to change the youtube flagging system. He is also breaking several laws and could be in deep legal trouble.

Many users are e-mailing youtube about this, but youtube couldn't care. The only way they would is if someone like FRED, or Shane Dawson would be suspended, which would be impossible, since youtube and bigger accounts are partners, that's how they make money.

What do you think about these false DCMA claims and the abuse against the LPing community?

Edited by Sakura on July 19, 2010 at 23:26:35.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 2:14:07 [Post link]

I don't know much about the LP community, although I do see the value of their work.

The DMCA is a stupid law, always has been from the very beginning, and is more misused than it's being used to protect people. It's one of the core reasons why I made sure a few years ago that the Interordi.com site as a whole was moved to be hosted on Canadian servers: I don't want to see it become a victim of this law, or any future misguided regulation.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on July 20, 2010 at 8:40:40 [Post link]

In that case, don't report their actions to YouTube. Report their actions to the companies/individuals that these users claim to represent.

YouTube may not care that someone is pretending to own Nintendo's properties, but Nintendo just might be interested.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Wesker
Robot master

Posted on July 27, 2010 at 23:03:27 [Post link]

Only person I know of that had his account suspended, but got it back twice, was a man named darksydephil, but that's all taken care of,hopefully for good. Anyways I know of NintendoCapriSun but I didn't know he got suspended once. I hate those false copyright claims, I don't know why people do it, it makes no sense, just leave these people alone, sheesh....

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on July 28, 2010 at 12:49:20 [Post link]

Yeah, there's been someone doing a similar thing to Pokemon players as well. Chuggaconroy was suspended. PLDHnet is luckily still up and running, but it's pretty ridiculous that youtube could let this happen. They are owned by google- surely they have the resources to make sure this kind of stuff WASN'T done by bots.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on July 28, 2010 at 17:19:13 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Teej
Yeah, there's been someone doing a similar thing to Pokemon players as well. Chuggaconroy was suspended. PLDHnet is luckily still up and running, but it's pretty ridiculous that youtube could let this happen. They are owned by google- surely they have the resources to make sure this kind of stuff WASN'T done by bots.

Again, if Google doesn't care about people pretending to be officials from Nintendo, that doesn't mean that Nintendo won't care that someone is claiming the rights to Pokemon.

Remember how corporations are bloodthirsty beasts that rip into innocent people and tear them limb-from-limb? Now we get to turn them loose on the wicked.

Wrath of the lamb indeed.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

smokehound
Servbot

Posted on August 31, 2010 at 18:30:05 [Post link]

This reminds me of VenomFangX. God I hate him..

And geerup.. OH GOD. LOL!

Both these punks are known to DMCA videos that support evolution.

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on September 4, 2010 at 19:02:50 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
I don't know much about the LP community, although I do see the value of their work.

The DMCA is a stupid law, always has been from the very beginning, and is more misused than it's being used to protect people. It's one of the core reasons why I made sure a few years ago that the Interordi.com site as a whole was moved to be hosted on Canadian servers: I don't want to see it become a victim of this law, or any future misguided regulation.

</good idea>, if the law is as stupid as it sounds, also, CHUGGACONROY!!?!? I used to spend quite some time watching that guy.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply