New topic Reply

Topic: Pokemon White And Black, Wow.

Pages: 1

Hardman
Dragoon Paladin

Stream: I'm back. And I'm serious.
Posted on March 7, 2011 at 22:30:16 [Post link]

I just got White...and....wow.

The first five minutes amazed me. Pokemon has come a long away. 3D models? Check. Better animations? Check. Pokemon battles more entertaining? Check. More developed story and characters, giving the series the much needed JPRG experience? Check? First 30 minutes equaled the first two hours of any other Pokemon games? Hell yeah!

This game blows my mind. The 3DS is coming out in three weeks, and Game Freak is giving us a fare farewell to the system that bought us five games that define the system. It's worth every penny for it. Get it now, and get a rare Pokemon from Wi-Fi! (Or at least a pass to one.)

But there is something stupid. On the back, it talks about transferring Pokemon from the other DS Pokemon games.

BUT...once you transfer, THEY CAN NEVER COME BACK.

That's stupid! Yes, in the five other DS games, you can transfer GBA Pokemon, but due to being two different systems, they also couldn't come back. It made sense. But these are DS games. Why can't we just regularly trade? Yes, 5th generation Pokemon wouldn't work with 4th generation.

BUT...In the GBC games, you could do that! Red, Blue, Yellow can trade with Gold, Silver, and Crystal games. As long as the latter three games have a party of the 1st Generation Pokemon with them, I.E. 1-151, Bulbasaur to Mew. They could that! But no, let's make it more annoying!

Okay, that was disappointing. But still, if you enjoy Pokemon, go and get this game. It's 37 dollars in the U.S.

Before I end, I'll just go ahead and add my opinion of Marvel Vs Capcom 3. It has god-like fighting. And that is all there is.

Yes, THAT Hardman. This is the new and improved one.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on March 8, 2011 at 2:53:50 [Post link]

RBY and GSC were built on slightly modified engines and as such could move back and forth with each other. RSE did an engine overhaul (hell, you couldn't trade between gens PERIOD here), as did DPPt and now BW. Because of the engine changes, it's now a one-way trip.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on March 8, 2011 at 3:40:45 [Post link]

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Hardman
Dragoon Paladin

Posted on March 8, 2011 at 6:29:47 [Post link]

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 8, 2011 at 8:57:10 [Post link]

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on March 8, 2011 at 17:56:23 [Post link]

Chances are very few people are going to even give a damn about the previous-generation games for a long time now that Black and White are available, so currently it's not a big deal for anyone.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 0:46:21 [Post link]

Mehz.

I got it, but right now, I am at the 3rd gym,and suddenly,
I had an attack of (/repeatstoryline) and got annoyed.

Hiun city is... very accurate, though.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet

Stream: Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 15:42:39 [Post link]

My friend has the Japanese version of Black on his emulator and I was very impressed when I saw him playing it a while back.
I want white but due to college expenses I have no money to spare to acquire a copy.
And I know the trading but "never come back" thing may be stupid, but honestly, do you ever continue on that game again later?
Usually with Pokemon, if I put the game down for a period of time or beat it, I just end up restarting it because there is only so much you can do after a while.
I never liked bringing over my other Pokemon anyways, it's always nice to have a new team. And with all of these Pokemon, it's not worth the time to fill up the Pokedex.

But if you want to keep that Pokemon, by all means transfer it, you probably won't need it in that other game again, especially with so many new games coming out.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 18:16:13 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakura
My friend has the Japanese version of Black on his emulator and I was very impressed when I saw him playing it a while back.
I want white but due to college expenses I have no money to spare to acquire a copy.
And I know the trading but "never come back" thing may be stupid, but honestly, do you ever continue on that game again later?
Usually with Pokemon, if I put the game down for a period of time or beat it, I just end up restarting it because there is only so much you can do after a while.
I never liked bringing over my other Pokemon anyways, it's always nice to have a new team. And with all of these Pokemon, it's not worth the time to fill up the Pokedex.

But if you want to keep that Pokemon, by all means transfer it, you probably won't need it in that other game again, especially with so many new games coming out.

At this point, it's gonna be really important for some people to transfer the pokemon over. Transferring them BACK is really silly, but keeping them moving forward is important. Remember that Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are TEN YEARS OLD now. Some of those pokemon are OLD and it'd be a real shame to not transfer them to B/W. My favorite pokemon, a porygon-Z, was first transferred as a porygon2 to my Diamond version. If I lost him now I'd be upset, to be honest. Gotta keep that legacy alive, it's not often a piece of game data can still be relevant and modern after a decade.

Hardman
Dragoon Paladin

Posted on March 12, 2011 at 1:31:00 [Post link]

Okay, yeah, looking into it, yeah, the trading thing is silly. I have a Sceptile that I raised since Ruby (2004). I raised it to 90 before moving it to Pearl. I also have a Groudon, Gardevoir, and Swellow from that game in my current party in HeartGold. (I haven't finish the game yet.) But still, make sure you do everything in the last game. Look it up if you need to. And this is coming from the guy who played Emerald three times to get the starters.

Tri-Edge
Bobo

Stream: Your FACE!!!

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on March 17, 2011 at 7:20:30 [Post link]

Honestly at first glace I was horribly disappointed in Black and White, it sounded like they ran out of ideas. Especially the starter pokemon... lame as they are the game is actually pretty nice. I plan on transferring ALL of my pokemon from Heart Gold which I got from my Diamond and Platinum games. Neither of which I play anymore. Once I beat the game in every possible way I stop playing. Right now I need an event celebi so I can get a hold of Zorua. Problem is there arent many of those on the pokemon wifi.

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"
.... .hack//kyat....we miss you dearly

Hardman
Dragoon Paladin

Posted on March 17, 2011 at 21:44:10 [Post link]

New Things:

TMs never go away, so use them to your extent! The only difference between TMs and HMs are that TMs can be forgotten, and HMs not.

Gym Leaders are evil! Honestly, the second one has a Lvl. 20 pokemon! (It's the new Whitney's Milktank!) And the first one? He uses your starter's weakness against you! Thankfully, a girl in the area right of the town gives you a Pokemon that can help you, speaking of which...

People are oddly nice to you. They give you items for no reason other than to be nice to you. Like I mentioned, a girl gives you a Pokemon! For free! And she's a NPC! Okay!

HMs can be used once you get them! You don't need no stinkin' badges! The badges just allow to work with traded Pokemon. They go up 10 levels each time, starting with 20.

The game is fast paced. Before reaching the second gym leader, I fought my friends 3 times (They took the other two starters) and my rival twice! Really? Also, if you look at your map, you can find a 'secret' base for Team Plasma...

...and those guys are fucking EVIL. Two of them stole a Pokemon off a little girl! While all of the other evil teams steal Pokemon, these knights are the kind of evil that thinks they're doing a world of good. They want to 'liberate' Pokemon from their trainers. Their leader? He has mind-control. RUN.

Tri-Edge
Bobo

Stream: Your FACE!!!

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on March 21, 2011 at 8:46:27 [Post link]

If he really has mind control then please no spoilers here. D:... I wanna find out on my own! I have gotten like 5 badges now. Pretty good game. I must admit.

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"
.... .hack//kyat....we miss you dearly

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 22, 2011 at 2:57:22 [Post link]

ESCAVALIER, DEFENDER OF JUSTICE!

Best new pokemon

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork

Badges: Princess Celestia Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Rin Tezuka Hanako Ikezawa ... and 18 more

NetNavi:
DragonMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 27 [What's this?]
Posted on March 22, 2011 at 3:36:20 [Post link]

Any good stuff of Bisharp yet, since he is the child of the sun?

Pages: 1

New topic Reply