New topic Reply

Topic: Legends 3 hasn't been greenlit yet

Pages: 1

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 1:16:58 [Post link]

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=152508

There's a chance it won't see release.

This is the oddest turnaround in forever. Why would they advertise it to the extent they did and then turn around and say they may not release it?

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Level: 69 [What's this?]
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 1:41:09 [Post link]

Capcom can't turn this down. Not now.

Just think of all the hype this game has gathered. Hell, just look at all of the fans INVOLVED with the development process.

It would be low as hell if Capcom doesn't get this game released.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork

Badges: Princess Celestia Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Rin Tezuka Hanako Ikezawa ... and 18 more

NetNavi:
DragonMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 27 [What's this?]
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 1:53:45 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Teej
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=152508

There's a chance it won't see release.

This is the oddest turnaround in forever. Why would they advertise it to the extent they did and then turn around and say they may not release it?

Because this is Capcom, kings of tease. They've been pulling Legends fans around for years. Who says they won't do it some more?

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 2:56:49 [Post link]

I... huh... WHAT!?

Sure, I realize that games often get cancelled. Sure, projets sometimes start, sometimes even get close to release, then get canned. However, when you're talking about one of your major franchises, one where you decided to involve the fans from day one, one that was pushed by the main director for years, you don't go public unless you're 99% sure to carry through!!

I know this is Capcom we're talking about, but even in that case, this is beyond stupid. "oddest turnaround in forever" is not an overstatement!! Now I can't help but wonder, despite what I've claimed in the past weeks, if Inafune's leave from the company doesn't have deeper raminifactions. The frustration from dealing with managers who form teams to work on projets only to later say "just kidding, maybe, maybe not" could have played a part in this.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
Cookie.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 3:47:46 [Post link]

This is coming from a company who dropped the original Resident Evil 2 (aka "Resident Evil 1.5" ) and rebuilt nearly everything in the game over again. Perhaps they do "cancel" the game, but then just restart it.

It sounds like a waste of money advertising (they were even giving out flyers at a New York convention) and making demos for a game that is most likely not going to be released.

But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't be all that sad if they did cancel the game. The inclusion of a new "main" character and the non-involvement of Keiji Inafune in the project was a real downer for me...

Edited by Breakman on March 10, 2011 at 19:49:14

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 4:32:08 [Post link]

Resident Evil 4 was said to have gone through 4 iterations before it's release too. In the end, though, that game was very well received!

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman
But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't be all that sad if they did cancel the game.

Well, if you of all people aren't that attached to Legends 3 after all this time, I guess there's no point in wasting time on this project! Anyone has Capcom's phone number so I can pass over the information? ;)

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
Cookie.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 20:40:07 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Well, if you of all people aren't that attached to Legends 3 after all this time, I guess there's no point in wasting time on this project! Anyone has Capcom's phone number so I can pass over the information? ;)

Actually, I'm quite surprised myself. I was waiting forever and a day for an announcement like this. The Legends series is my favorite Megaman spinoff and MML2 is on my Top 10 List of favorite games.

But I think the day Inafune quit (after the announcement of MML3), I felt a bit leery on what Capcom is going to do with his story. We all know game franchises that either got a new team working on them or changed hands between companies. 90% of the time, the games made by the new teams just don't have the charm or spark as the original ones.

And seeing what Capcom is trying to do with Devil May Cry, I kinda don't want to know what they will do...

I have a very weird feeling about all this... ^^;

Edited by Breakman on March 11, 2011 at 12:40:53

Hardman
Dragoon Paladin

Stream: I'm back. And I'm serious.
Posted on March 12, 2011 at 23:54:14 [Post link]

Somehow, I knew this. They already held back two other Legends games.

...yeah, I wanted to play golf!

Yes, THAT Hardman. This is the new and improved one.

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Level: 69 [What's this?]
Posted on April 22, 2011 at 20:14:21 [Post link]

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 22, 2011 at 20:54:50 [Post link]

That thought crossed my mind too. The 3DS was just released, I hope they'll consider in their predictions the fact that many people plan to get one in the next 6 to 12 months.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on April 23, 2011 at 0:04:25 [Post link]

Hopefully it'll have some help here. You figure when something like an e-shop come out, tons of people usually flock to it and say "Well I gotta get SOMETHING day one." Legends demo so far is looking to be the killer app of launch day, so hopefully that'll boost attention.

SketchMan3
Servbot

Stream: Your Current Mood: Your Current Mood: Who really c
Posted on May 3, 2011 at 14:38:00 [Post link]

Man, I haven't been here in years...

I just don't know if Megaman Legends can stand up to the newer 3d platform games. Much advancement has been made since Megaman Legends 2, with games like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Super Mario Galaxy, etc.

I know MML is more of an adventure game, but right now the action part of the game, which looks exciting to a Legends fan, just doesn't seem as dynamic and exciting as other 3rd-person shooter games. I just hope the traditional Megaman Legends battle format doesn't seem stale to the new generation of gamers who haven't played the first 2 games.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on May 12, 2011 at 11:12:21 [Post link]

The Nintendo eShop will launch on June 6 in North America.

We're still waiting to get a confirmation that the Legends 3 Prototype will be available immediately, but this gives us an idea on how long we have to wait still. :)

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on May 12, 2011 at 23:59:13 [Post link]

Woot!

Packard
Was ist das?

Stream: For Worse....Even Nobody Disses Zelda...
Posted on May 14, 2011 at 2:32:07 [Post link]

Ten years, huh? It's been that long since they released 2? I can't wait to see all those stupid kobun merchandise flooding the market again.

And speaking of the game industry, do you guys ever wondered what causes delays in release dates? Other than technical problems, there are relatively a lot attributed to terrible working conditions >;) I just don't hope someone dies over the project (j/k)

The capitalism of my thoughts................... Nostalgia, anyone!? Ah, never mind.......You're better off not knowing.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on May 14, 2011 at 4:29:21 [Post link]

Actually, I'd expect better working conditions to lead to *more* delays: projects would get released when the team is confident that they are ready, instead of needing to rush through to meet an arbitrary deadline set by management. Look just at Valve: their games get released whenever they decide it's due, instead of announcing a date a year beforehand and committing to it.

All things considered, I prefer to get a late, polished game instead of a rushed one.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on May 14, 2011 at 8:18:10 [Post link]

Quote:
Actually, I'd expect better working conditions to lead to *more* delays: projects would get released when the team is confident that they are ready, instead of needing to rush through to meet an arbitrary deadline set by management. Look just at Valve: their games get released whenever they decide it's due, instead of announcing a date a year beforehand and committing to it.

All things considered, I prefer to get a late, polished game instead of a rushed one.

The only problem with Valve's system, is that we'll only see another installment in the Half-life franchise whenever they feel like making it.

Which could be a while.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Packard
Was ist das?

Stream: For Worse....Even Nobody Disses Zelda...
Posted on May 14, 2011 at 11:18:30 [Post link]

Quote:

Hi Doc. But not all dates are necessarily permant, are they? There are some delays, due to poor scheduling. But that's due to poor relationship within most Japanese game developers.
And yes, not all games are necessarily worth the wait. But rather attributed to social problems occuring by developers' sub-contractor. Well, they outsource games nowadays you know.
Now let's all pray to get a good software.

Just my 2 yen there ;)

The capitalism of my thoughts................... Nostalgia, anyone!? Ah, never mind.......You're better off not knowing.

SketchMan3
Servbot

Stream: Your Current Mood: Your Current Mood: Who really c
Posted on May 19, 2011 at 14:13:07 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Packard
And speaking of the game industry, do you guys ever wondered what causes delays in release dates?

This game didn't have a delayed release, because it was never supposed to happen.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on May 20, 2011 at 18:24:33 [Post link]

Japanese and English Prototype versions delayed, cue rumors of cancellation, and this and that... ;)

Edited by Dr. Cossack on May 20, 2011 at 14:24:53

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on July 5, 2011 at 18:18:11 [Post link]

-_- The Prototype's being cancelled..?

I doubt this game is coming.

Say, maybe now Capcom can make another RPG.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on July 6, 2011 at 2:53:39 [Post link]

No, you misunderstood me. The Prototype edition has been merely delayed. I only made a joke about a potential cancellation because of the dark aura that has been floating around all Mega Man game releases lately.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on July 8, 2011 at 12:58:31 [Post link]

It's doomed. DOOMED!

... or not.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply