Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Sonic Generations, Here's your next Sonic dose!

Pages: 1

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on April 11, 2011 at 13:33:17 [Post link]

Sega's at it again! A teaser has been posted on their Facebook page for a new game, apparently prepared to celebrate Sonic's 20th anniversary. About no details are available yet, except that it'll apparently feature both the modern and classic Sonic, and will be released for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

You have to give it to Sega: the franchise hasn't always been at it's best, but they keep trying by releasing game after game, each one bringing some changes to the franchise. In some ways, I think that's better than simply releasing a new, incremental game every year with few changes.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on April 13, 2011 at 7:42:45 [Post link]

I can't help but wonder if the old school Sonic was included because of the fans that complained about Sonic's appearance in Sonic 4. That said, I'm not going to lie - I much prefer the old design and it's looking pretty good.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 13, 2011 at 15:43:53 [Post link]

I know I'm in the minority by saying this, but I prefer the modern Sonic design, ever since I've seen the first artwork over a decade ago. The pot-bellied version doesn't look enough like an anthropomorphized animal that'd spend most of his time running.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on April 13, 2011 at 16:24:28 [Post link]

Same here. And I have to admit, I'm interested.

But I can hear the fans now. "They created a time paradox! It's RUINED FOREVER."

Also, this:

Edited by RisingDragon on April 13, 2011 at 9:33:18

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 20, 2011 at 1:06:18 [Post link]

First solid details, straight from Sega.

I like how this one looks. I just might pick it up.

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on April 22, 2011 at 16:56:43 [Post link]

And here we go again.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 22, 2011 at 19:57:16 [Post link]

The Sonic cycle makes me laugh a lot, but this occurrence has an exception: the press release already mentions that the friends are included. :) And I *like* the friends, too!

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on June 8, 2011 at 10:35:51 [Post link]

Time for me to get 500% hype. City Escape is one of my favorite levels. The music's been added in just because the official song in the trailer is pretty bad, but it's been confirmed there will be a "classic" version of Escape from the City for classic Sonic and a remixed version for modern Sonic.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on October 27, 2011 at 14:13:47 [Post link]

A demo for the game is now available on the Playstation Network, so I gave it a spin last night.

The game handles quite well! The controls with Classic Sonic are a bit different than the original Sega Genesis game: not worse, just different. I think that this would smooth itself very quickly after playing more than a single level, especially since it feels more "right" than Sonic 4 did at first. Modern Sonic's gameplay feels like many stages of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, but with none of the clunky controls, sudden stops and wonky camera that I associate with the earlier titles. All in all, I'm happy with that.

Graphically, it looks very nice. Backgrounds look alive, animations are very fluid and the camera angles you get once in a while make some great scenery without slowing down your running speed. It's really fun to compare how the same stage design is structured in the classic and modern styles, both being similar while having a personality of their own.

I think I'll make the plunge and get this one. I'm still somewhat hesistant about it as I've been burned in the past, but I like the concept, there's no gameplay gimmick, the demo is convincing and I still want to enjoy Sonic games. Now, the big question: I recently learned that the game will be released on PC too, so should I go with the PS3 or the PC version? I'm tempted by the latter...

... and this is not even considering the upcoming 3DS version, which has a completely different set of stages save for the obligatory Green Hill Zone!

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 0:55:40 [Post link]

Check the PC system specs. It demands a TON. I'm getting the console version just because the specs makes it seem like it's a shoddy port.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 29, 2011 at 20:09:22 [Post link]

Check your sales papers. Target (might) be doing a buy 2 get 1 free sale on all videogames this week.

Uncharted 3 AND Sonic come out the same day. I plan to take advantage of this.

Edited by TopHat on October 29, 2011 at 13:09:36

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on October 30, 2011 at 2:00:38 [Post link]

Quote from post #228863:
Originally posted by TopHat
Check the PC system specs. It demands a TON.

They're heavy for a game like this, sure, but my PC meets or exceeds everything in the "recommended" area. Besides, since I've read that Sega designed all versions to fully support stereoscopic 3D, I'll be able to get a nice 3D display on my monitor. :) I'm going to preorder it on Steam now, since I'll get Sonic 3 & Knuckles along with Sonic 3D Blast for free.

Also, if anyone cares, IGN has posted their review of the game.

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on October 30, 2011 at 17:29:46 [Post link]

Quote from post #228881:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Quote from post #228863:

They're heavy for a game like this, sure, but my PC meets or exceeds everything in the "recommended" area. Besides, since I've read that Sega designed all versions to fully support stereoscopic 3D, I'll be able to get a nice 3D display on my monitor. :) I'm going to preorder it on Steam now, since I'll get Sonic 3 & Knuckles along with Sonic 3D Blast for free.

o_o
0_0
O_O
A good review! Has the Sonic Cycle been broken?

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 31, 2011 at 17:12:45 [Post link]

Quote from post #228883:
Originally posted by the dave
Quote from post #228881:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Quote from post #228863:

o_o
0_0
O_O
A good review! Has the Sonic Cycle been broken?

It was broken with Colors. I don't know how many times this needs to be said.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on November 2, 2011 at 23:50:53 [Post link]

Thus far the game is solid in gameplay, but is reported to be disappointingly short.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on January 5, 2012 at 17:35:52 [Post link]

I'm still playing through it. Fun, but frustrating in some levels. Not so surprisingly, I found the Sonic Heroes-based one the worse of the bunch by far!

With that said, what about the 3DS version? Did anyone here pick it up? What are your thoughts on it?

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on January 8, 2012 at 5:24:28 [Post link]

Picked it up for 10$ and it's a blast. Best game since Adventure 2.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply