Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Hi spammers. Come here often?, I am the pot calling the kettle black.

Pages: 1

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on April 16, 2011 at 12:42:03 [Post link]

It's a shame the top two topics on this thread are spam.

Wait, I'm only posting to bring my creation count up! Better make that three.

But, yeah, it might be prettier if the random string poster threads were deleted, so I was wondering why they're still here.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on April 16, 2011 at 19:15:52 [Post link]

I'm keeping them for study. I want to see if there's a way I can detect spam posts and stop them from being made at all... Those things have gotten more annoying lately.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on April 16, 2011 at 19:54:09 [Post link]

Interesting! That would be useful. Some kind of pattern recognition system, or something else entirely?

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on April 18, 2011 at 16:13:57 [Post link]

I'm thinking of doing some basic pattern recognition, yes. If a new topic is created with tons of links by a new user, you know that it's suspicious and worth checking into!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on April 18, 2011 at 17:48:08 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
I'm thinking of doing some basic pattern recognition, yes. If a new topic is created with tons of links by a new user, you know that it's suspicious and worth checking into!

I don't know how. I don't know why.

But somehow I'm going to end up on the wrong side of that algorithm.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

pual
White Shade

Stream: How can you tell I haven't paid much atte...

NetNavi:
Greyfang.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on August 1, 2011 at 4:44:36 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
Quote:

I don't know how. I don't know why.

But somehow I'm going to end up on the wrong side of that algorithm.

Haha, How did I miss this topic??

^Died thinking that he was the lord of caocs when he is the lord of care bears.- Ringman
with corrections to spelling..
< died thinking he was lord of chaos when he is lord of the care bears. Ringman

&#8206;"those who live by sword get shot by those who live by gun....who get imprisoned by those who live by the law...Who get killed by those who live by the sword."
GYAAAH!!! ITS A VICIOUS CYCLE!!!

X Prime
The Only God

Posted on August 5, 2011 at 13:36:19 [Post link]

Quote:
I'm keeping them for study. I want to see if there's a way I can detect spam posts and stop them from being made at all... Those things have gotten more annoying lately.

Stop them from registering is the ticket if you do not allow guest posting (which you shouldn't, this is not Wikipedia).

For some reason, spambots hate a timer on the registration page. A 5 second timer should suffice.

If that won't tickle your fancy, ask someone to put something in a box at registration.

Edited by X Prime on August 5, 2011 at 9:37:10

Pages: 1

New topic Reply