Pages: 1

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Level: 69 [What's this?]
Posted on September 16, 2011 at 21:45:41 [Post link]

http://www.gameblurb.net/news/capcom-refused-to-let-keiji-inafune-to-complete-mega-man-legends-3/

I think news of this spread once before, but this is from the words of Inafune.

It pretty much proves that Capcom was already considering cancelling Mega Man Universe and Legends 3 the second Inafune resigned. Yet Capcom tried to continue development for both games anyways for months after, but ultimately failed on both projects.

Whether it was out of spite or from the loss of a needed guide, Capcom lacks the competence to keep Mega Man afloat.

It kind of makes sense that they had the Devroom opened up for as long as it did, probably hoping that the fans could compensate for the lack of Inafune. But since that obviously didn't happen, (and since they never told the Devroom members what the scoop was) they had to cancel it.

Why they would still leave him out of UMvC3 is still beyond me.

___EDIT___

This.

Edited by Arkane on September 16, 2011 at 16:59:19

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on September 17, 2011 at 2:00:22 [Post link]

This was already known, true, but it's nice to get some words directly out of him to confirm the story further.

I find it a bit surprising that we're still getting new reports and fan efforts related to this. To be honest, I expected things to die down faster.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on September 18, 2011 at 2:01:12 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
This was already known, true, but it's nice to get some words directly out of him to confirm the story further.

I find it a bit surprising that we're still getting new reports and fan efforts related to this. To be honest, I expected things to die down faster.

You underestimate the fanbase. think of how many people grew up on megaman, as you probably did. It's not the cancelling of Legends 3- that was the final straw. The recent crap being pulled with megaman in general is pissing fans off, and this was as much as the insanely lenient fanbase could take. That song gets it perfectly; these people are lamenting megaman, and legends 3 provides a focus for the sadness and rage.

Hardman
Dragoon Paladin

Stream: I'm back. And I'm serious.
Posted on October 9, 2011 at 23:37:00 [Post link]

Want Inafune?

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/05/keiji-inafune-sounds-off-on-king-of-pirates-story-and-goals/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/31/hyperdimension-neptunia-mk2s-deadly-cross-armed-keiji-inafune-sword/

Yes, THAT Hardman. This is the new and improved one.

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on October 9, 2011 at 23:47:05 [Post link]

Hope they get some better translations for the actual game release than what they've shown so far, but other than that... :)

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on October 10, 2011 at 2:23:22 [Post link]

Pages: 1

New topic Reply