Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Anonymous targets Sony over SOPA

Pages: 1

ring man77
Ninja of the dust particle

Badges: Emi Ibarazaki Shizune Hakamichi Hanako Ikezawa Hisao Nakai Lilly Satou ... and 16 more
Stream: *Static*

NetNavi:
creative.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on January 2, 2012 at 3:36:32 [Post link]

Hactivist group Anonymous is targeting Sony again for their support of the Stop Online Piracy Act bill.

They released another one of their robot-voiced YouTube messages, letting Sony know that they will be the main objective of their "Operation Blackout" campaign. They promise to "destroy their network" in retaliation.

It's not just Sony they're after. Anonymous also promises to take action against celebrities who support SOPA, including Taylor Swift, Lady GaGa, Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber.

This would be the second time in a year that Anonymous has acted against Sony. Their previous DDOS attack took down the PlayStation Network for a few days (they claim they are not responsible for the attack that lasted for a month).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjOPXpd9PSU&feature=player_embedded

(credit for article goes to screwattack: http://www.screwattack.com/news/anonymous-targets-sony-over-sopa)

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on January 4, 2012 at 2:24:50 [Post link]

This is ridiculous, and the wrong way to protest.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on January 4, 2012 at 18:34:06 [Post link]

Given how SOPA supporters have been actively barring people and corporations against it from even debating against it in official circles, it's one of the only ways to protest it.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on January 4, 2012 at 18:56:44 [Post link]

Sony's gaming division withdrew their support, but the Music divisions stands due to the MPAA.

Nintendo and EA also withdrew their support, but...with them being part of the gaming association, who knows.

Daveris; it may be wrong, but we're entering a time where users who know what the internet is truly about have to fight for what they want. All these companies that currently support the SOPA bill practically have nothing to do with it, and all the companies that do have something to do with the internet, are against the bill.

This bill can't be allowed to pass, it'll ruin everything.

Even though cyber-terrorism is wrong, Anonymous is showing a form of resistance stating that the people of the interweb won't stand for this. I wish people would understand if this bill passes, it' wont just affect those in the U.S, but all over the world due to how much content is trafficked on U.S servers.

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Pages: 1

New topic Reply