New topic Reply

Topic: Astral Ocean

Pages: 1

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on June 26, 2012 at 1:13:20 [Post link]

Okay so I've come across a good chunk of free time lately so I decided I'd start dabbling in the foreign world of CHINESE CARTOONS.

I was looking for something still being released that had an attractive visual style. I ended up settling on Astral Ocean (AO).

It's actually a sequel to the series "Eureka 7" but set a good deal into the future to the point where you can simply jump right into it like I did (though I do plan to go back to it later).

(The following summary is just a lightly modified wikipedia stub because I am terrible at writing summaries)

Ao Fukai is a 13-year-old boy living in the year 2025 in Okinawa on the island of Iwato Jima with Dr. Toshio Fukai ever since Ao's mother Eureka disappeared 10 years ago. When a mysterious organization attacks the local Scub Coral (basically a foreign alien substance that does CRAZY THINGS), Ao somehow gets mixed up in the battle and manages to activate a mysterious robot called the Nirvash while it is being transported by the Self-Defense Forces. Later, Ao finds out that the Nirvash belonged to Eureka, and by joining her former companions of Team Pied Piper, he embarks on a journey to find his mother and learn the truth about his origins.

This is actually my first real time following an animu and I'm enjoying it so far~

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on July 1, 2012 at 4:12:36 [Post link]

I've been keeping up with the new E7 show and I'm completely confused as to when it's supposed to take place. Sequel? Alternate Universe? Whaaat?

Guess we'll know as the show advances.

Glenn Magus Harvey
Lead character

Posted on June 24, 2013 at 8:23:56 [Post link]

Seen the first series. It's one of my top-rated shows.

Still haven't become interested in the sequel, for some reason.

Edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on June 24, 2013 at 5:36:05

It Just Bugs Me! - a place to discuss media, real life, and other topics.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply