Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
-Xero-
Zero_10 Revived!
Inactive
35 posts

Well, take...

Zero...
changes...
Xero.

And I'm back, back again! Haha, I had forgotten about this inside my favorites!

the_dreamer36
Revolutionary Musician
Inactive
313 posts

My name subtitle "Useless Martial Artist" is a reference to the Flashy Showy Fake Useless Martial Arts I do in my living room while listening to techno music. Useless in fights, but fun to do.

*EDIT* Spelling errors fixed

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by the_dreamer36]

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

-Benjamin Franklin

Glenn Magus Harvey
Lead character
Inactive
172 posts

My screen name was first used on a Final Fantasy VI message board, the Moogle Cafe. At that time I had recently come up with a nice nickname for myself, and I decided to use it. And lo and behold, it's now my screen name on five other forums, including this one. I don't really feel like coming up with a new one for every different board, since on one hand I like discovering who's on several boards that I'm also on, and on the other hand, several screen names just introduce unnecessary complications.

"Glenn Magus Harvey" is based on three characters from two famous RPGs.

Glenn (Chrono Trigger): He's actually a certain other character in the game (if you've played it, you'll know), and I think he exemplifies duty and responsibility. Also, Lucca, the really smart "ubergeek" girl with the huge glasses, takes a liking to him. (And for some odd reason, I like Lucca. I actually, really do. And she's the only videogame girl that I've ever liked.)

Magus (Chrono Trigger): Magus represents wisdom because he was in a way the wise one in CT: He knew what was going on, and his strategy involves not only inherent strength and power but also...actual strategy--planning, timing, decisive action, even tricking others (if need be). But he's a good person in the end; he knows what's right, and he turns against Zeal in an amazing battle. Plus, he's a powerful mage, with a number of tough magic spells.

Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IIus/IVj): Harvey represents courage. Cecil has the courage to oppose his king in order to do the right thing, and if you've played the game, you'll know what change he undergoes in the middle of the game. He's not really that great of an example of courage (or any other virtue), but he does have a nice last name, which is another reason why I picked Harvey. (I could also say he represents loyalty, since he doesn't Benedict-Arnold his team the way Kain does, but many people might disagree since he does rebel against his king.)

Note: I was actually looking for the last name of Lance of the Voltron Force, for the last name of my screen name. I'd want him because he clearly (at least in the Voltron: the Third Dimension series) exemplified fighting for justice and daring to stand up against unjust/unwise authority, and willing to do what's right no matter what the consequences. But, alas, he doesn't seem to have a last name!

Nayus Dante
Superstar!
907 posts

Cecil's last name was Harvey??? Where does it say that?:conf:

Glenn Magus Harvey
Lead character
Inactive
172 posts

I found that out from a FFIV website. It doesn't say in FFIIus, but people have told me that the Japanese game's instruction booklet contains last names for a number of characters.

It Just Bugs Me! - a place to discuss media, real life, and other topics.

Banned
103 posts

it means that i eat babies with katsup

axlgs
17th unit mavrick hunter
Inactive
311 posts

i got axlgs by taking GS from Bass GS and ever since x7 i've loved axl (don't ask me why) so i took axl and GS and got axlgs

I'm finally back!

Nayus Dante
Superstar!
907 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by KnightMan14
it means that i eat babies with katsup

sounds....fun? i cant picture knight man doing that.

SolarWarrior
Superstar!
Inactive
553 posts

My username doesn't really have a meaning. It came from an arcade video game called "Solar-Warrior", which was developed by Technos Japan Corp., and published in the USA by Taito and distributed in the USA by Memetron. The game is called "Xain'd Sleena" outside the US, and I hear that on the UK version of the game, the game cabinet says "Soldier of Light", but the title screen says "Xain'd Sleena", and displays the Taito copyright instead of the Technos copyright.