Interordi Menu
⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Pocket
Old School
782 posts

...I hope I make the cut.

Yeah we're using resources really quickly and eventually we'll all be fighting over air and water. I don't have a lot of faith in people now either. I try to make a difference by dong what I can like using less water and recycling anything that's recyclable. I don't give to the homeless though... :|

"A few bad apples spoil the bunch."
~I dunno.

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

MaceMan
Knight
Inactive
1044 posts

A few problems with that...

1. If we killed 99 out of every 100 people, the ones staying would be greatly outnumbered, and most of the 99s dying wouldn't want to die, and it might make it hard to kill them.

2. Not even Ghandi was perfect. He was smart and did great things, but I'm sure he did not so great things, just like everyone else. If we left only the worthy ones, everyone would be dead.

3. I fail to see how this would benefit Mankind, if most of Mankind is dead. Our species isn't a living thing, the people are. Who cares about our darn species if we kill off almost everyone to protect it?

I have low hopes for Humans too, but everyone has the right to live, and our species and our world is not as valuable as the lives of the people.

Nothing is foolproof to a truly talented fool.

Sorry, MegaMan, but it looks like you
might be stuck up there for a little while more... Actually... at this rate... you may NEVER come down!!! *sob*

Albio
Servbot
Inactive
25 posts

I agree that it sounds very much like the Nazi plan, although the criteria for determining who lives is different.

I don't see how you can claim there will be world peace if only the worthy are left. Is being peaceful a requirement? Or is being peaceful is part of the definition of being good?

The people who survive will not necessarily tolerate each other and their beliefs. And who can say anything about the personalities of their children. I'm not sure of your belief but unless you assume that children are like a blank slate, these children may become the bad people you tried to destroy.

I suppose you expect everyone in the resulting village/town would "work to his capacity" and share everything with each other since they are such good people. Of course, in theory, communism is great, but unless everyone believes in communism or can be convinced that it is a good thing they won't cooperate.

Manchester Devil
Devil Knight
Inactive
316 posts

There is no such thing as "worthy people".

If the Earth is to fuction properly, then you would to wipe out a large number of humans...let's say 5.5 to 5.85 billion humans.

Animals in the wild have to live hard for their own existence. Humans, on the other hand, can be seen as born with silver spoons in their mouths.

You may think the idea is Hitler-like but lets be honest, can you really believe that the human race can survive at this present rate when the main resources run out? Can you honestly say that you have a right to a life?

In order to go forward, you must go backward. As cruel as it sounds, the Earth can't possibly be expected to function as it has when the human race devours everything it gets it's hands on unless you kill off a vast number.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

How does one decide who lives and who dies? Who has the right to decide? You aren't perfect, nobody is. So you aren't any better than they are. Nobody is. No man has that right.

We all have the right to live. If I was chosen as one of those "pure" beings. I would not participate in the purge. I would join the other side and not accept it.

If they are "pure" wouldn't they see moral issues with this?

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

MOLE
.hacker
Inactive
532 posts

I think that we will run out of resourses.
I also think that Microsoft will over run the internet. Or the internet will be a forbidin place divided up into porteins ruled by hackers.:lol::lol::lol:

We pikmin have feelings to, but we uslley kill you before you find that out.

its not that i suffer from insanity, i enjoy every moment of it

ViviImage

Kei
Banned
769 posts

Why is everyone here bent on wiping out large part of humanity?

I do not disagree with WindRider~, because it is very clear that 'impurities' should be rooted out and attempted to be corrected.

What I'm trying to point out though is that no one has the right to define impurities. And don't give me that democracy bullcrap, you know just as well as I do that no one knows a god damned thing about what they're voting for. So democracy is ruled out.

This brings me to my next point: Upon the annihilation of these so called 'impurities', who exactly will be designated to LEAD this 'utopia'? Perhaps, a council? You know just as well as I do that the council will be corrupted with ambition. And attempting to rule that out as well would be pointless because only ambitious people every try to GET anywhere. Anti-ambitious would just sit there, and try and keep things the same. Not exactly good leaders. You need to have leaders that will take that Utopia to heaven. And letting the ambitious rule until you reach a suitable level, then canning them is out of the question because propaganda would ensue, and corruption would spread. We don't want that.

Ultimately, a utopia wouldn't need leaders, and I understand that. But you cannot forget basic human nature. Self-Actualization is actually part of human needs. Maybe not top priority at the current conditions of the world, but in a utopia, it would be the ONLY priority that anyone could even hope to carry out. Therefore, those in a utopia would seek power, being no other way to satisfy their actualizational needs. Thus, they would oppress the government, or, they would create their own, and destroy utopia to put themselves in control.

Which brings me to my next point:
You can not root out impurity, because it will ALWAYS be present. Behavioral tendencies and human needs are NOT genetic. So rooting out all the BAD people isn't necessarily stopping 'BAD' altogether anyway. Moving on, what exatly constitues as 'BAD' people anyway?

Until I have a suitable definition in which ALL of us are in agreement, I'm not going to move forward at ALL with that.

Furthermore, we all have such bleak views of the future. I'm not a realist, and I'm not a conservationalist. I merely believe that with hard work, we could bring the earth to a point in which 'peace' could be established at a suitable level.

Utopia sounds conceited also. Like only certain people are allowed in.

That's just me.

Are you not? What? You don't understand me?

Well, ?????? to you too!

I dare you to ban me Dr.Cossack!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Hold on, did Kei and I come to the exact same conclusion? And did I use a piece of evidence without knowing Kei used it to argue the same point

I guess I'm a Philospher-in-training

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted