Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

Hey, everybody! It's time for the new sprite contest to begin!

The winner of this contest will not only get bragging rights for a while, but will also have the choice to either host the next sprite contest or allow someone else to in their place. Now, for the rules.

Rules

1. All sprites must be edited, at my rule
ex: you can't just change like 1 or 2 things
2.The sprite base must be from the MegaMan series
ex: you can use MegaMan Zero sprites but not Zero from SNK etc.
3. THEY MUST BE YOUR OWN!! DONíT STEAL THE WORK OF OTHERS!!
4. All sprites must be made one week before this post or after this post.
5. Sprites must be provided with a URL or posted. I will not search through your site to look for sprites.

Sprite SHEET rule:
They have to be new, it takes a bunch of time to make a sprite sheet, some people have already made some, don't enter those, make new ones.

I have borrowed some rules from SnakeManís contest with a few modifications to make things a little more fair.

Like last time, there are two separate categories:

"The Scratch Spriting Contest"
and "The Remake Spriting Contest".

I do this mainly to separate two very different styles of spriting. Most people have won due to scratch sprites in the past, leaving little competition from recolors and such.

Here are the Rules for each:

SSC:
1. You must make the entire sprite yourself, from scratch. Not just a few alterations. Every single part MUST be your own, nothing borrowed and changed slightly.
2. You are allowed to enter sprite sheets, single pictures or animated gifs. Movie files like avi, or flash animations are not allowed.
3. If you are to make an animated sprite, do NOT make a movie including camera angles and stories. They are supposed to be game sprites.

RSC:
1. A recolor must be made with an effort. I will not accept a sprite where only one color is changed. New or borrowed parts, modified or the unchanged, from other sprites are allowed. Modified parts, such as little details added and
2. You are allowed to enter sprite sheets, single pictures or animated gifs. Movie files like avi, or flash animations are not allowed.
3. If you are to make an animated sprite, do NOT make a movie including camera angles and stories. They are supposed to be game sprites.

You are allowed to enter both genres.
I will start taking entries today (August 28), to enter the competition. Send me a PM telling me which category you want to participate in.

Entries must be in by midnight next Saturday (September 4). Any entries after that will be refused unless itís just a few minutes difference.

The winner will get the Twin Sword Trophy I made for this contest

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/BladeManEXE/darktrophy.jpg

SSC Entrants:
FlareMan
SnakeMan.EXE

RSC Entrants:
axlgs
Master_Tiger
Nayus Dante

[Edited on 28-8-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

[Edited on 29-8-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

[Edited on 30-8-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

[Edited on 3-9-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

[Edited on 5-9-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

[Edited on 6-9-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

[Edited on 11-9-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

[Edited on 12-9-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

[Edited on 27-9-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

Nayus Dante
Superstar!
907 posts

Alright, I think I can do this one. Not sure what category im entering yet.

FlareMan
DMN #007
Inactive
1176 posts

Oh! An entry for the Scratch Sprite category would be perfect for me!

Hee-hee-hee... keep your hats on!

*Gets to work.*

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

axlgs
17th unit mavrick hunter
Inactive
311 posts

enter me in RSC

I'm finally back!

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

Okay, to make sure everyone's clear on the details, I'm going to say here and now that a new round will begin each week, starting Sunday, Septemeber 5. Before that, don't work on anything. There will be three rounds in all for both categories.

People planning on entering the Scratch Sprite category, make a note of this: I may allow you more than a week in exchange for one less round, depending on how many people enter it.

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

DavidBurgess
rockmaster
Inactive
158 posts

Do you mind if I use a sprite made for me,and edited by my by quite a bit.

Electric V'klun
My Board
thank you Pharoh for the *original* av pic

axlgs
17th unit mavrick hunter
Inactive
311 posts

... i wonder what i should sprite?

I'm finally back!

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidBurgess
Do you mind if I use a sprite made for me,and edited by my by quite a bit.

In the interest of fairness, I think I'm going to have to say no to that. I don't know what that sprite that was made for you looks like, and I wouldn't know if you actually put any effort in to editing it. It would be best if you just edited your own.

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~

Mike
Superstar!
Inactive
446 posts

Now, I know the Sprite base has to be a Megaman one, but does the end result have to be MM based?

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

I don't know if that's ever come up before in previous contests... Hmm... Well, I suppose I could allow it, as long as the base is definetly from one of the MegaMan series.

If anyone has anything against this, PM me. Former sprite contest hosts' opinions are especially welcome on the topic of if the end result should be MM based.

EDIT: I've come to my final decision on this topic. I've already received a PM on this subject and it was rather convincing, although brief. I have decided to rule that the end result of spriting will have to be based on at least one the MegaMan series. However, remember that the characters don't have to have "Man" in their name to be considered based on the MegaMan series.

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~

axlgs
17th unit mavrick hunter
Inactive
311 posts

just one more day till the contest starts!

I'm finally back!

DavidBurgess
rockmaster
Inactive
158 posts

It would be my RockMaster spritesheet, i've put years into making RockMaster after Pharoh made the original ,and am still changing him today.And i've spent so long working on RockMaster(a bunch of X armors,with some recoloring,and plenty of recolors of that)that i've kinda lost the skill on most other sprites.Pokemon is so simple,it's easy,but this is a MM contest.

[Edited on 4-9-2004 by DavidBurgess]

[Edited on 4-9-2004 by DavidBurgess]

Electric V'klun
My Board
thank you Pharoh for the *original* av pic

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

You can't use old sheets in this contest. You have to make new ones. One's that have been made over years are especially banned from entry. Everyone else needs to make a note of that as well. Make new sheets, don't post old ones!

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~

Protonman
Robot master
Inactive
65 posts

[quote]Originally posted by BladeMan.EXE
I don't know if that's ever come up before in previous contests... Hmm... Well, I suppose I could allow it, as long as the base is definetly from one of the MegaMan series.

If anyone has anything against this, PM me. Former sprite contest hosts' opinions are especially welcome on the topic of if the end result should be MM based.

EDIT: I've come to my final decision on this topic. I've already received a PM on this subject and it was rather convincing, although brief. I have decided to rule that the end result of spriting will have to be based on at least one the MegaMan series. However, remember that the characters don't have to have "Man" in their name to be considered based on the MegaMan series.

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by BladeMan.EXE] [/quote]
well then count me out. I've been working for hours on a Naruto sprite sheet, using a MM base.
ciao

Do one later.

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

Well, the sprite contest has officially begun. It's a pity that more people didn't sign up. Oh well. It looks like there will only be one round for the SSC and two for the RSC. The SSC round will be for three weeks. That means you have a lot of time, but don't waste it. Use it to make something really impressive. As for the RSC, I'm giving you a week and a half. I expect the sprites for the first round by by next Wednesday.

I still wish more people would have signed up...

To Nayus Dante: It's not too late! If you still want to be in the contest, you can. However, I need to know which category. I'm giving you until this Wednesday (not the one the first round of the RSC ends on) to decide. If you don't want to be in the contest, then that's okay as well.

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~

Snakeman.EXE
Artist
Inactive
391 posts

A 3 week contest? Hmm... This calls for something different. Oh Well, good luck Flareman and all the other contendants, I hope for a good contest :)

The world is a flaw in a perfect nothing...

zeusgamer00
Spriter
Inactive
701 posts

...um..thats weird, a contest only held for 3 weeks, this will be good, I'm afraid I can't enter though...I haven't spriting in months. Not sure if I will again...

~When light and darkness combine the world will see what the apocalypse looks like.~
Join my Spriting Message Board: http://s3.invisionfree.com/EvanJPForums/index.php

BassGospel
Shirt Ninja
Inactive
561 posts

I would have entered but I'm just not good enough.

FLASH FORWARD
Superstar!
Inactive
280 posts

CAN I BE ENTERED FOR RSC NOW?!

http://www.freewebs.com/keough2k/

the official Kaos Entertainment webpage. Go there to see stuff.

Protonman
Robot master
Inactive
65 posts

firstly, no its started, read the earlier posts.
second whats with all the caps dude?

Do one later.

FLASH FORWARD
Superstar!
Inactive
280 posts

crap. aw, well. another will start sooner or later.....

......and I put caps cause i was desparate.:D

http://www.freewebs.com/keough2k/

the official Kaos Entertainment webpage. Go there to see stuff.

FlareMan
DMN #007
Inactive
1176 posts

Here's my entry for the scratch contest...

My latest work... TOADMAN!!!

[Edited on 7-9-2004 by FlareMan]

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

Well, that was fast. I expected a much longer wait before I saw any entries. Oh well. Anyways, there's still a while left before either contest's first (and for the SSC, also the last) round ends. Work hard, everyone!

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~

FlareMan
DMN #007
Inactive
1176 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMan.EXE
Well, that was fast. I expected a much longer wait before I saw any entries. Oh well. Anyways, there's still a while left before either contest's first (and for the SSC, also the last) round ends. Work hard, everyone!

Lol, I can work fast with the right inspiration... :P

Snakeman.EXE
Artist
Inactive
391 posts

Have I missunderstood this? I thought we were supposed to post just one peace of work after a 3 week peiod, not post one every week. I have been working with this in mind and was planning on something big this time. It won't be easy submitting something finished by this week. if it is possible, can I post my endresult at the third week as planned?

EDIT: Aftr reading a little more carefully, most of it suggested that the SSC will last just this one week. I'm not sure if this is correct, but it is important that I know this before time runs out.

[Edited on 8-9-2004 by Snakeman.EXE]

The world is a flaw in a perfect nothing...

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

The SSC is going to last three weeks. However, you may post your sprites at any time. However, I will only accept your first entry. Any afterwards will be ignored. I probably should have mentioned this before. Sorry!

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~

Nayus Dante
Superstar!
907 posts

Hey when is the first entry due? Was it listed above? Please forgive me Im half asleep.

Master_Tiger
The MIB Goku
Inactive
397 posts

NOTE TO BLADEMAN: planet megaman is changing servers thus sprites in is down as well. we may need to put the remake tourny round 2 on hold

My site to be, to find out about its progress click the image ^

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

Yeah, I noticed that. If it's not back up by Sunday night, I'll extend the RSC first round until next Saturday, Sept. 18.

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~

OmegaBreaker
Robot master
Inactive
75 posts

Yo Blademan, Im dropping out of the RSC.
I just dont have the time to make anything new.