Interordi Menu
Dark Assasion Zero
Master Assasion
Inactive
250 posts

All of them are my favorite but I have to say story.

Sure, usually its save the world but its the story within a story thats great.

The characters stories are awsome and makes me want to play through to see what happened in their lives that made their lives a living hell(AKA Vincent) or what sent them out on the journey.

Hearing the story of whats happening in the world is great also. Be it Rebellion, Deaths, Religion, or any other big events.

[Edited on 18-11-2004 by Dark Assasion Zero]

I am the Dark Assasion you are my next target.BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Image I shall destroy the puny mortals!

One of my favorite sites.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6342 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

I would have to say either the story or the battles. Of course, RPGs are most of the time oriented around the story, so it's one of the most enjoyable aspects. Yet, the battle system can often be more fun: take the Battle Network games, for example. While the story isn't too good in some of the games *cough*MMBN4*cough*, the battle system is top notch.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

âš  Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
The Keaton Kit
Deleted account

[font=Trebuchet MS]For me, I have two favourite parts of an RPG:

1.) Levelling characters up. This is the one I voted for. Basically, I love being able to customise how my character grows. I'm currently lost in Grandia II which has something similar in an intuitive way. I mainly like this aspect because it can bring different strategies to the same battle, depending on what you power up prior to the fight.

2.) Story, but more specifically, the drama. Sure, I love a good, happy story, but I like to feel what the characters are feeling. No spoilers, but Suikoden does this very well, I think. War-torn country, friends ripped apart... now that's a story, IMO.
[/font]

sliceNdice
Servbot
Inactive
18 posts

id have to say the battles cause theyre cool (high risk) but cool and its bloody (sometimes :devil: and i loveee bloody games think about it....bloood is cool :devil: :mad: Q('-'9) BOOM :eek: :sick: and there u go

slice n dice
slice n dice
slice n dice
slice n die!
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DIE

Dark Assasion Zero
Master Assasion
Inactive
250 posts

Very interesting....*pauses for 5 seconds*

Anyway. To me a good story brings you back after a while. After say 3 months to a year I sometimes go, "you know I loved this story and everything about and get addicted again".

Also have you ever had this happen where after you beaten an RPG game that you never play it for awhile and then get dragged back in because your friend is playing it? It just also makes me feel good teaching a newbie at an RPG game how to do things.:D

I am the Dark Assasion you are my next target.BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Image I shall destroy the puny mortals!

One of my favorite sites.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/

God
Not A Feminist
837 posts

Well I really like it when I see some weird new item, not something useful, but something you just see it and you're like, "That's so cool!" The main story isn't really important, as it has no effect on gameplay, but what happens during play is always intresting, especially when you get characters who say cool stuff. I can't say the battles are usually too intresting, turn based RPGs you can sometimes win the battle just by repeatedly pressing the same button and not even looking (think Pokémon, or any game where you only have one move). Side quests are awesome, I love side quests in any game, and you have to complete them otherwise you haven't really completed the game. What I don't like is when there's one part and you can go two different ways, and then within that part you can go three more ways, and then you can go two more... Those can get really annoying, because you don't know which one you're supposed to do first, sometimes you actually have to start doing one thing to see if you were supposed to do it first, and then sometimes when you go as far as you can without actually doing anything you still don't even know, and if there's too many at a time you can forget which ones you've done... it's just really annoying. But the side quests are fun, it''s just when there's too many that you can't obviously see. But I like the battles in games like Zelda, where the battle style isn't really RPG. Anyway it's hard to say anything without talking about a specific RPG, but I voted for items.

[Edited on 11/30/2004 by Pikachu!]

Gigabyte
Robot master
Inactive
54 posts

For me I'd say the defeat of the ultimate bag guy in the RPG:lol:

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Story is always a plus for me, and yes Chrono Cross has a good story. It's just a bit...convoluted and you won't understand part of it unless you played Chrono Trigger.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."