Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
SolarWarrior
Superstar!
Inactive
553 posts

The future of rock looks really bright thanks to the 4 bands this thread is about. Which of these is the best? I'm goin' with The Darkness. Justin is the man of the moment for me.

ELBURITO
I left.
Inactive
1584 posts

Darkness-no, def. not
Jet- I guess, their more rock than alot of the crappy bands theese days
The Killers-good, but not british!
I havn't even herd the last one.

1271 posts

Im going with The darkness i love the song i belive ina thing called love.

mr.match
Red Panda
Inactive
760 posts

By 'revival' do you mean 'rip-off'? All the ones you listed do what's been done thousands of times before. That's why I perfer punk, real punk, to anything else. If it was made after '97 it isn't that great (with exception to Mudhoney's "Since We've Become Translucent" album and a few others)

I'm older school than you are.

ELBURITO
I left.
Inactive
1584 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by mr.match
By 'revival' do you mean 'rip-off'? All the ones you listed do what's been done thousands of times before. That's why I perfer punk, real punk, to anything else. If it was made after '97 it isn't that great (with exception to Mudhoney's "Since We've Become Translucent" album and a few others)

for the most part I agree. Their are alot of underground bands (mostly punk) that are real good and show a lot of signs of Rock. Their are also few mainstream bands who understand rock too, one of them is 'Live'.

SolarWarrior
Superstar!
Inactive
553 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by mr.match
By 'revival' do you mean 'rip-off'?

No, I mean REAL ROCK N ROLL. Not that grunge BS that poisoned the airwaves in the early-mid 90s.

ELBURITO
I left.
Inactive
1584 posts

Quote:

No, I mean REAL ROCK N ROLL. Not that grunge BS that poisoned the airwaves in the early-mid 90s.

Grunge isn't Rock. Metal isn't Rock. Rock is Rock, the rest are branched from it. Majority of grunge bands were good. Todays bands that ripped off those grunge bands are horrible.

Ontopic: I'd go with Jet