Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Ribitta
Rampant
Inactive
1303 posts

All right I was just being bored one day when it hit, call me stupid for not realizing this but hey other people speak different languages and if it wasn't for the awsome doc we would'nt be able to tell. Don't post or vote if you're not gunna tell the trueth.I speak English, yay for America!

PsychoGiga
Village Idiot
Inactive
534 posts

I speak english. The Doc make everything they type translate to english? But then how do they read it?

"A closed mouth gathers no foot" -This is a fact of life, and I don't know who said it.

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

What do you mean? ASL doesn't count? :P (No, not the Age/Sex/Location! American Signing Language!)

It's not English. :P It's a foreign language. HA HA HA. The grammar structure is based off of several signing languages, including French.

(...though, if you want true english, that would be SEE: Signing Exact English, lololol! But well, yeah.)

ASL and Japanese are my only two foreign languages. XP

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

Juno
I AM the Iron Pony!!
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

I speak English as my main. I speak a little bit of other ones, but mainly English.
3 w00ts for the U.S!! w00t! w00t!! w00t!!!:D

Ray
Chocobo
Inactive
804 posts

my main language is Dutch(hoera voor Nederland :P ) but i can speak quite some English and a little French and German.

Eng, Ger and Fre are languages we have to learn at school. but the English we learn is BRITISH English and not American English

Slash Beast
Irken Invader
Inactive
545 posts

I speak perfect English and Spanish but a little German (I'm still learnig!:D)so what do I put in the poll:conf:.

ImageImageImage

Bluewolf
DWN-014 - SnakeMan
Inactive
48 posts
SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet
Inactive
1476 posts

I speak english et je parles francais. Voila!

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

The question and poll aren't well posed: what about us who speak more than one language? What option do we vote on?

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

BlueSilver
Rick
Inactive
835 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluewolf
(American) English...

I also speak American.:lol:
I speak a TAD of French too, after taking it for a piece in school.

That language confussed me though.
Everything has a gender.
Even the door.

"I worship the Supreme Comrade Cossack!"

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

I can speak english and a little bit of italian, very little french..and two words in japanese. I can't roll R's, therefore making spanish near impossible.

SuperGoku4
Don't worry, I'm not dead!
Inactive
394 posts

English is my primary language, but I do know some Russian.

Lifa
Non-Playable Character
Inactive
203 posts

Heeh. I speak Finnish, that's my main language. :P
Also I speak English, Swedish (so badly as you can imagine... x_x") and some words and sayings in Japanese. ^^

PUNK
Hunter
Inactive
342 posts

I happen to speak "double" Dutch because the poll let me choose that option. I can also speak English, some German and a very little French.

Rush152
Lil\' Metool
Inactive
375 posts

it also hit another person a loooong time age to make a language thread :lol: :P

nonetheless i cbf looking up the old thread :lol:

i speak english, vietnamese and can understand cantonese but not speak (cause my vocab is too small XD )

yay found my siggy :D

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Well, I speak Dutch. But I can speak English very well as well. We learn British English at school, but on television you usually see people use American English (all those movies... -_-;; ), and I've been to the US twice and once to Canada, so you can pretty much say I can speak those two kinds of English quite well.
I also know quite some lot of German, what we learn at school, and a bit of French as well. However, that French isn't really great. I can pronounce the stuff right, but in a real conversation, you're better off talking to a wooden fence.
Once I have been on vacation to Spain, Salou, so I know a bit of Spanish as well, since I had to learn that, or at least wanted to understand it.
About Chinese and Japanese, I only know a few words, same goes for Russian, and I don't speak Portugese at all.

As for other languages, well, I'm really bad with leaning languages, so it aint much. I do know a bit of Greek, and a really tiny bit of Italian, but that's all.

I always have a hard time with languages, because most of them have genders for each object. In Dutch, you don't have that. Same for English. And still people seem to have a much easier deal with learning English than Dutch. Must be because English is a more world-spread language. Ow, well.

Further, I second what Dr. Cossack stated, what about people who know more than just one? Okay, people'll take their 'mother tungue', but what about people who have learned two languages from birth like in Canada and Belgium?

[Edited on 25-11-2005 by Morphman]

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

I speak American english, a little Japanese, French, a little Chinese, some GErman, and some French. No i'm not kidding.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Ribitta
Rampant
Inactive
1303 posts

Oh and people this poll is messed up so you can vote more than once so I ask you please vote only once.

Thank you.

Banned
1140 posts

English & Pig-Latin.

Bye-bye, Inti.... IF Doc bans me like I told him to.

Rioni... thanks for the Final-Zero music..

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Ribitta
Oh and people this poll is messed up so you can vote more than once so I ask you please vote only once.

Thank you.

Yeah, when you log out and in again. I already got to vote 3 times! How wicked is that?

Banned
1140 posts

Oooookay, stay on subject, plz.

Bye-bye, Inti.... IF Doc bans me like I told him to.

Rioni... thanks for the Final-Zero music..

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

I still want to know what Ribitta meant by the subtitle of this thread. =P

Is it referring to ASL (the language) or stupid age/sex/location?

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

It suddenly occurred to me: does anyone speak Esperanto?

Tenguman
State Alchemist
Inactive
268 posts

I am not voting because I speak two languages Spanish and English the hell with the french I despise the french teacher because she is tryng to teach an annoying language.:madgo:

Trying to take over Cossacks board
1.Get support from the members
2.challenge cossack for power
3.defeat the staff
4.Take administrative powers

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here
4029 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSilver
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluewolf
(American) English...

That language confussed me though.
Everything has a gender.
Even the door.

That occurs in most languages. In German, there is Masculine, femenime AND nutral.

Der Tisch (m)
Die Ratte (f)
Das Bett (n)

Even harder to remember than just masc. and femme.

Anyway, I speak English, German, and a tiny minute amout of French (and even less Spanish). I'm not that good a any of these languages, especially English.

[hr]

BTW, it just occured to me that the question, What language do you speak, is singular. This means if you speak another language, not English, you wouldn't understand the question and wouldn't be able to vote. o.0

[Edited on 26/11/05 by Samsara]

zeusgamer00
Spriter
Inactive
701 posts

I speak mainly english. My dad is french, so I'm able to speak french as well, can't write it anymore though, thats the gay thing about moving to another country, you forget a tone. I'm learning spanish, so I can speak some of that too.

~When light and darkness combine the world will see what the apocalypse looks like.~
Join my Spriting Message Board: http://s3.invisionfree.com/EvanJPForums/index.php

Zane Truesdale
Yu Grim Ravenface
180 posts

I was born in america but still Japanese because of my parents and I don't know how to speak Japenese at all! Lol!
The suckish part about this is the fact that they can talk Japanese when they don't want me to know something and right in front of me too!:madgo:

They never bothered to teach me.:mad::cry:

[Edited on 27-11-2005 by Zane Truesdale]

Nightmares are dreams that need re-coding.

Rioni Riishu
Superstar!
Inactive
729 posts

I speak English. Nothing more. But I know smatterings of a lot of other languages- mostly Spanish, a little French, Italian, Latin, Japanese... Now before you say, "wow" I'm talking about just a few sentances if that. I really want to actually know them, but the only other language I could come close to holding up a conversation is is Spanish. Thank high school Spanish class for that.

-Ri

[Edited on 27-11-2005 by Rioni Riishu]

Ribitta
Rampant
Inactive
1303 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Kia_Purity
I still want to know what Ribitta meant by the subtitle of this thread. =P

Is it referring to ASL (the language) or stupid age/sex/location?

Umm let's see this, if I'm not mistaken is a form of asl:

Wusup lol wut r u doing

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

There is obviously something wrong with the poll. I've got to vote for 5 times already. Of course, I did not vote for just one language. I voted English, Other, and Triple Dutch.