Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
axl z
Gundamn
Inactive
1059 posts

With one of the bigest event in spidermans history done.(the other) Spidy gets a new costum. In the last page of amazing spiderman #528. Tony stark is makeing peter his new costum. I have seen the costum myself. Just go to marvel.com and tell me what you think.

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!
Inactive
1397 posts

Looks Iron Man-ish. Or maybe Shocker.

axl z
Gundamn
Inactive
1059 posts

I dont like it. It looks like spiderman 2099 kinda.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

It looks like the love child of Peter PArker and Herman Schulz (Shocker)

[Edited on 8-2-2006 by Black Dranzer.exe]

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

Hey, Iron Man's cool in my book, so the new look's okay with me. I'll admit the blue and red may have been more 'heroic'.

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

I've read about the story, can't say I like it much. At all.

As for the costume, I believe the joke was that after Tony Stark (Iron Man) designed it, Peter complained about how his colors were red and blue, to which Tony replied: "My design, my colors."

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!
Inactive
1397 posts

Heh, I always love witty banter between two heroes in a crossover.

PsychoGiga
Village Idiot
Inactive
534 posts

I don't like it. I like the old look. But then I'm not a huge spiderman fan, either.

"A closed mouth gathers no foot" -This is a fact of life, and I don't know who said it.

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.

KayChan
Needy Patient
Inactive
101 posts

wow. how would have thought.

I love random pms!!!
My Name is PHILLIP!!!
CLICK HERE.... if you like WAFFLES!! muahahhahaha!!!

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Wow, it surely sounds awful!

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Here's the picture, if you're interested. Along with all the press about it.

Quote:

Word has been building for months now, and comic fans have been dying to know- what is Spider-Man’s new costume?! Well, folks, here it is! Recognize the color scheme? You should, it’s playing an important role in the future of the web-slinger!

After the shocking events in "The Other" storyline, Peter recieves this new costume to help him adjust to his newest developments, as well as giving him some added muscle! Designed by Marvel Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada, this new design has a few tricks up its sleeve. "The Iron Spider design- as I like to call it- came to me during a Spider-Man story meeting we were having, we were talking and I was involuntarily sketching on a pad. It's inspired by a sketch that Chris Bachalo did that showed a new Spidey costume with <CLASSIFIED>. I thought that was brilliant, especially since it echoed one of Spidey's greatest villains, and I took the idea and imagined it as though seeing it through the eyes of Tony Stark. The sky's the limit with respect to gadgetry when it comes to Tony inspired costumes."

Every "gift" has its cost, and this new look for Spidey will signal the beginnings of change, especially as it comes on the eve of the upcoming Civil War. Spider-Man has developed a growing trust and friendship with Iron Man, but how much in debt is Peter’s loyalty to Tony Stark going to cost him in the long run? If the color scheme is any indication, well... Joe Quesada says, "I imagined Tony presenting Peter with the new suit and Peter putting it on and saying that it looks great but that his colors are red and blue. Tony would simply respond, ‘My design, my colors!’"

What is it that Joe is talking about that’s classified? How will Spidey’s relationship to Tony - and the new costume- play into Civil War?! You’ll have to read the books to see! But, it is safe to say that when it comes to this new costume, there is much more to the story! Look for the new costume to debut in February’s Amazing Spider-Man #529. It will then be seen in the pages of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Marvel Knights Spider-Man in April. For more news on Spider-Man, the costume, and Civil War, stay tuned, True Believers!

"The Other" really pisses me off as a spidey fan.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

........there is no way in HELL that is real.

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet
Inactive
1476 posts

Looks like a bad fan art D:

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6324 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
........there is no way in HELL that is real.

My thoughts exactly. I can't even add over that.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Juno
I AM the Iron Pony!!
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

That is crapily done. Marvel is way better at drawing than that. Looks like a bad fanart pic.
For some reason I don't think the costume will last long.

~Juno~

Tech_Brainstorm
Mutant Sandwich
Inactive
54 posts

There have been so many spider-men. Like the 2099, and peter's clone Ben. I don't even want to get into it.

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.
Trying to tap into my psychic abilities right now.
Have a nice day!
Tech Brainstorm

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!
Inactive
1267 posts

I haven't liked the direction Spider-Man has been going since the "Sins Past" storyline. This just drives the nail in deeper.

*sigh*

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Thankfully that was only concept art. The real thing looks a little better. I still prefer the original, but this is bearable at least.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

Agh, I liked the concept art better. Who likes a Spider Man with actual claws?...
... not me.

I kinda wonder what he's gonna do with em'... if he uses them to hook unto the walls while he fights with his fists, I'm gonna be disappointed. Because there are already spider-themed heroes/villains doing that.

[Edited on 9-2-2006 by Heatman.EXE]

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Apparently the stingers only appear during great stress. Actually, reading into it, I'm not completely apalled by the change. Just mostly.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet
Inactive
1476 posts

Well, that's much better...Would've prefered if Spidey kept the same color scheme though. :x

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

....I thought the concept art was bad. *shakes head*

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6324 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

It's ugly as heck. It almost looks like The Flash in some poses. Good thing I'm not a Spider Man fan. :P

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

axl z
Gundamn
Inactive
1059 posts

I told you it sucks.I have been a spidy fan for 12years it just... (throws a chair) I will sue them. And the arms! I dont want spider arms coming out of his costum.(2 years old) Read all the books! I DONT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:madgo::madgo:GOD HELP USSSSSSSS!:madgo::cry:AND I DID NOT LIKE SINS PAST THAT MUCH.

[Edited on 11-2-2006 by axl z]

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Axl z don't flame.
ANy ways the placement of the bottom claw in the second pic looks wrong. Then again so does the suit.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

axl z
Gundamn
Inactive
1059 posts

Its abad costume it sucks!It is a pice of crap!:madgo:

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Honestly? I kinda like it. I like most of the others far more mind you. But I don't think this one is really that terrible.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

axl z
Gundamn
Inactive
1059 posts

two# and it willgo down!:mad:

MidnightFlame
Midnights Embrace
Inactive
23 posts

Ok..... its.... the AMazing adventures of..... Crab Man!!!! He is lean. mean and...... well hes a crab you get it...... I hope

axl z
Gundamn
Inactive
1059 posts

OK here what i think with the civl war coming soon I think Tony realy made the costume because he dident want petr to die agin hence the bullet proof costume heat sencer and his glideing.If you look at the end of # 529 tony gives him the letter to go to DC.and he wants peter on his side and in the wizard it said spiderman gets caught in the middle of it.