Interordi Menu
Necro
Hail to the King, baby!
Inactive
1267 posts

Hmmm I don't think she likes me.

I plan on doing a complete picture but here's what I got so far added with some color for flavour:

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

She loves you/ ;)

I think she's very pretty, supar vibrant! Her hair is flowy and curly, bouncy.. And you got her leaves to stand out, which seems like a hard task. :)

FlareMan
DMN #007
Inactive
1176 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
She loves you/ ;)

I think she's very pretty, supar vibrant! Her hair is flowy and curly, bouncy.. And you got her leaves to stand out, which seems like a hard task. :)

I must agree... Though I have to wonder... if someone got fused with plant DNA, wouldn't their hair become discolored with some green as well? Hmm, maybe brownish... reddish... *Scratches chin in thought.*

[Edited on 20-2-2006 by FlareMan]

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!
Inactive
1267 posts

Thanks you two, I appreciate the feedback. :)

The difficulty in this for me is that I'm trying to not make her look heavily Japanese influenced, which all my art kinda does.. and that I find drawing male faces alot easier and am struggling to make her look female.

And Flare, I have no idea. You'd think so but I didn't create the character so I really don't know. Though her hair did look green in Tim Sale's art in The Long Halloween.

FlareMan
DMN #007
Inactive
1176 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Necro
Thanks you two, I appreciate the feedback. :)

The difficulty in this for me is that I'm trying to not make her look heavily Japanese influenced, which all my art kinda does.. and that I find drawing male faces alot easier and am struggling to make her look female.

And Flare, I have no idea. You'd think so but I didn't create the character so I really don't know. Though her hair did look green in Tim Sale's art in The Long Halloween.

Hahah, well... as far as feminine faces go you pulled it off without a hitch. She looks very "seductive". Xp A true rose with thorns, so to speak.

1271 posts

Great job necro everything looks good and i wish i had your skittles ((meaning skills))lol well keep up.

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!
Inactive
1397 posts

Hm! I had no idea you were so excellent at comic-bookish art, Sir Necro...Napoleon....Batman...whatever.

Sephiroth XX
Hikari
Inactive
664 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Necro

The difficulty in this for me is that I'm trying to not make her look heavily Japanese influenced, which all my art kinda does...

What? Why not? Japanese style is pretty good.

How do you prove that we exist...
Maybe we don't exist...
-Vivi FF9

http://s14.invisionfree.com/Gundam_Final_War

^JOIN NOWWWWW OR I WILL PWN J00!

http://s9.invisionfree.com/MegamanBNimperial

^Join too

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!
Inactive
1267 posts

Thanks again Flareman. :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mettaur
Hm! I had no idea you were so excellent at comic-bookish art, Sir Necro...Napoleon....Batman...whatever.

Thank you for the kind words, but I have to admit that I'm really not.. this is actually one of my first serious attempts at a more American look..

Thank you, still. :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth XX

What? Why not? Japanese style is pretty good.

I didn't say Japanese art isn't good - it's just that I'm drawing a Batman character. And Batman is an iconic American character. I want to be able to draw the characters looking as I believe they should.

That and I'm no good at American style, and it's good to branch out.

EDIT: This is now the Rogue's Gallery. Second up is none other than Harvey Dent himself!

[Edited on 23-2-2006 by Necro]

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

CAN I HAVE UR TALENT PLZ

I still think your american comic style is better than your japanese manga one. And my brother agrees so ha!

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

That's really awesome Necro... uh, I'm a Batman n00b... that's Two-Face, right? In a series I haven't seen / read, or an original concept?

Either way, it looks really awesome. Your suits always look great. I don't find the purple side of him as scary as I would have imagined. o_o Maybe his expression is too sterotypical "gunna k33l j00" bad guy for that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Hardman
Dragoon Paladin
Inactive
449 posts

Just wondering...
how does she use her powers?:conf:

Yes, THAT Hardman. This is the new and improved one.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

I apologize Necro, I didn't mean to make it seem that your japanese style sucked or anything. :(

But anyways, that Two-Face is even more impressive than your Ivy.. Like I said to you previously, the purples on his "bad side" do kinda blend together so it's difficult to tell what's what.. But the suit and especially the "good side" are quite well done... :D

Juno
I AM the Iron Pony!!
-1484 post
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Awesome... TwoFace:cool:
Great job Necro!

~Juno~

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!
Inactive
1267 posts

Thank you Juno!

Quote:
Originally posted by Heatman.EXE
That's really awesome Necro... uh, I'm a Batman n00b... that's Two-Face, right? In a series I haven't seen / read, or an original concept?

Either way, it looks really awesome. Your suits always look great. I don't find the purple side of him as scary as I would have imagined. o_o Maybe his expression is too sterotypical "gunna k33l j00" bad guy for that?

Thank you very much! :)

That is indeed Two-Face. He is from the regular Batman continuity. I used Tim Sale's version of Two-Face from the end of the Long Halloween storyline as my reference on the design.

Thank you, again. His expression isn't really supposed to be frightening - actually, he's just looking to his right. What looks like what might be ab expression on his scarred side is just the result of the burns he suffereed from having acid thrown in his face. Two-Face has always had a more subdued stoical personality - which depending on one's perspective can make him more frightening or less so. But perhaps the most frightening thing about him is he lets a coin make decisions for him.. :lol:

If you're interested in Batman at all you should consider reading some of the comics if you ever get the chance. There are some extremely well written titles. :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardman
Just wondering...
how does she use her powers?:conf:

Taken from Wikipedia becaise I'm lazy.. :lol:

Expert botanist/botanical toxicologist, able to create new plant species and plant/animal hybrids.
Can exude various floral toxins to injure or intoxicate.
Immunity to all toxins.
Has the ability to manipulate plants and has a semi-mystical connection to the plant world through the force of nature called the Green.

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
I apologize Necro, I didn't mean to make it seem that your japanese style sucked or anything. :(

But anyways, that Two-Face is even more impressive than your Ivy.. Like I said to you previously, the purples on his "bad side" do kinda blend together so it's difficult to tell what's what.. But the suit and especially the "good side" are quite well done... :D

I think the badside looked better before I colored him.. :lol: Oh well. :)

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!
Inactive
1397 posts

Necro, if you don't mind my asking, what program/if any do you use to make these? Photoshop?

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!
Inactive
1267 posts

Not at all. :)

They're sketches I did on paper that I colored in Opencanvas after scanning.

Right now I'm working on a picture of Tim Drake but his arm looks atrocious. :lol:

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Yeah, the badside's details were more visible before you colored him, so... :)

I'm really looking forward to you drawing Joker, though. If I was any good at coloring I'd offer to color him for you. :lol:

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

I forgot to post here earlier so...

Yes, the Poison Ivy looks great. I was never much of an Ivy fan myself though, so it doesn't impact me as much as the other. I did really love Two-Face. He was awesome in the nineteen-ninety-something series, and this one actually looks even better. I like the concept a lot, mostly because of the suit. I do kind of miss his wierd white and black hair though. It seems like there are a couple of problems that arise in the connection of his "bad side." For instance, I believe the indention of his skull at his brow seems a little too far left, or perhaps that his nose seems to be kind of nostrilless on the other side. At any rate, these are small details which I'm only nitpicking on to make it sound like I have real criticism.:P

My personal favorites were Joker and Scarecrow, besides maybe the Mad Hatter. I'd like to see you do one of those guys. :D

*gets smacked by Harlie Quin*

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Banned
252 posts

nah..i am no poison ivy fan.i dont even like her!

anyway,i thought hollow torment double post when i saw necro and hollow avater are the same,so next time,pls dont copy other people's avatar! :P

Edited by megaman x rocks! on May 9, 2006 at 7:52:39.

axl z
Gundamn
Inactive
1059 posts

That is cool I like the Ivy beter.Can you draw Jason in his robin sute?

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Please don't jump all over people and request stuff unless they specifically say they accept requests. It's rude otherwise.

FlareMan
DMN #007
Inactive
1176 posts

Hmm, Two-face's "bad" side looks too zombie-ish. I'm used to the usual version with the blue face and white hair to go mismatchingly with the black-haired normal face half...

... Then again, that's probably just nostalgia kicking in. Xp