Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Samsara
insert pop culture reference here
Inactive
4029 posts

Errrm, my true religious stance is so complicated at the moment, I'm just going to say Agnostic.

Anyway, it is often said by Christians that non believers will go to hell. In fact, there's no religious idea I hate more. It just seems so...snobbish. So strange that God would possibly send the majority of people who ever lived to burn for eternity for not believing something which no one really knows the answer to. Many of my friends are Athiest and I just can't believe that if Christianity is true, they are all going to spend eternity in agony, despite the good people they are.

Tech_Brainstorm
Mutant Sandwich
Inactive
54 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsara
Errrm, my true religious stance is so complicated at the moment, I'm just going to say Agnostic.

Anyway, it is often said by Christians that non believers will go to hell. In fact, there's no religious idea I hate more. It just seems so...snobbish. So strange that God would possibly send the majority of people who ever lived to burn for eternity for not believing something which no one really knows the answer to. Many of my friends are Athiest and I just can't believe that if Christianity is true, they are all going to spend eternity in agony, despite the good people they are.

I am not trying to force my beliefs on you but my religion belives that nobody truely goes to "hell" and that even good people that are even athiest can go to the highest glory of heaven.

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.
Trying to tap into my psychic abilities right now.
Have a nice day!
Tech Brainstorm

BassGospel
Shirt Ninja
Inactive
561 posts

I hate religion. I want to believe their is a God, that there is something after death...but I hate all religion. Religion, IMO, is a way of controlling those who cannot think for themselves. But that's just my opinion.

Oh yeah, the Christian Church is one of the biggest land owners in the world, with huge cathedrals, churches, and pretties to decorate themselves and the churches with...
And they want OUR money. Go figure that out.

[Edited on 24/2/2006 by BassGospel]

Ribitta
Rampant
Inactive
1303 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Tech_Brainstorm
Quote:

I am not trying to force my beliefs on you but my religion belives that nobody truely goes to "hell" and that even good people that are even athiest can go to the highest glory of heaven.

I don't want to argue, I'm just curious, how could someone go to heaven if he scorns the creator?

pual
White Shade
239 posts

I am a Christian.

^Died thinking that he was the lord of caocs when he is the lord of care bears.- Ringman
with corrections to spelling..
< died thinking he was lord of chaos when he is lord of the care bears. Ringman

‎"those who live by sword get shot by those who live by gun....who get imprisoned by those who live by the law...Who get killed by those who live by the sword."
GYAAAH!!! ITS A VICIOUS CYCLE!!!

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

You're not preeching religion there, you're preeching tolerance. And my skewed and strange version of Atheism/Buddhism/Agnosticism/Christianity is basically says that for exactly the reason I stated above ;)

That is unless we've got it all wrong and God is the evil dicator of Heaven and he cast out Satan for being good and trying to userp his evil arse. :eek:

And Ribbitta, in answer to your question, Christianity also preeches how merciful God is. Also, Athiests don't scorn God. They merely don't believe in him. You're confusing Herecy with Blasphemy. Besides, if the last time God showed his fact was 2000 years ago, it's hardly surprising that some people are going to forget.

[Edited on 24/2/06 by Samsara]

pual
White Shade
239 posts

[quote]Originally posted by BassGospel
I hate religion. I want to believe their is a God, that there is something after death...but I hate all religion. Religion, IMO, is a way of controlling those who cannot think for themselves. But that's just my opinion.

Oh yeah, the Christian Church is one of the biggest land owners in the world, with huge cathedrals, churches, and pretties to decorate themselves and the churches with...
And they want OUR money. Go figure that out.

[Edited on 24/2/2006 by BassGospel] [/quote]
Christianity is not a religion,it is a relationship with God. having said that if you want to argue take it to PM.

^Died thinking that he was the lord of caocs when he is the lord of care bears.- Ringman

‎"those who live by sword get shot by those who live by gun....who get imprisoned by those who live by the law...Who get killed by those who live by the sword."

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

What? A relationship with God IS a religion, in short!

And I don't dislike Religion in the slightest. Everyone must believe SOMEthing. However, I AM against Organised Religion, which is what you are referring to, I think.

pual
White Shade
239 posts

Quote:

And I don't dislike Religion in the slightest. Everyone must believe SOMEthing. However, I AM against Organised Religion, which is what you are referring to, I think.

not really. you mispelled organized.any way show me that it is religion in the King James Version Bible. and i will know if you use any other kind because I can look up the verses you use to show that it is a religion.take it to PM if you want to argue.

Ribitta
Rampant
Inactive
1303 posts

God is pure, God is merciful, I really don't want to debate so I don't want to sound like I'm forcing something on you. God has mercy on the people that want him. You might say the Christians got "lucky" Not fair you might say? Well then newsflash, life isn't always fair, and the people that He didn't choose never want to believe in Him.

Tech_Brainstorm
Mutant Sandwich
Inactive
54 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Ribitta
Quote:
Originally posted by Tech_Brainstorm
Quote:

I don't want to argue, I'm just curious, how could someone go to heaven if he scorns the creator?

Like a father forgiving his child The Allmighty God can forgive trough the atonement of Christ.

Man this becoming a regular old seminary.

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.
Trying to tap into my psychic abilities right now.
Have a nice day!
Tech Brainstorm

pual
White Shade
239 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Ribitta
God is pure, God is merciful, I really don't want to debate so I don't want to sound like I'm forcing something on you. God has mercy on the people that want him. You might say the Christians got "lucky" Not fair you might say? Well then newsflash, life isn't always fair, and the people that He didn't choose never want to believe in Him.

i hate to argue with you but He is merciful on everybody.those who don't choose Him
(if they are still alive) will be left behind at the Rapture.some will choose him others will choose the Antichrist. those who take the Mark of the Beast after the Rapture will lose their soul to the antichrist for all of time. those who believe in Jesus and become Christians after the Rapture will not be able to take the mark and they will be killed for refusing.

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by pual
Quote:

not really. you mispelled organized.any way show me that it is religion in the King James Version Bible. and i will know if you use any other kind because I can look up the verses you use to show that it is a religion.take it to PM if you want to argue.

I didn't misspell "Organised", I am just using UK English while you are using US English.

It is religion because it talks about God, it talks about how the world was created and it is telling you how to live your life because of what happens after life. (Heaven, hell, etc.) Does that not classiy as a religion?

Am sorry that you believe that over 99% of the worlds population is going to hell, Ribbitta. I guess that's one way to avoid overcrouding in heaven. You must understand that with me, logic is what many of my beliefs are based on, and condemning 99% of the world's poplation to hell seems extremely illogical and unforgiving.

[Edited on 24/2/06 by Samsara]

pual
White Shade
239 posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by pual
Quote:

I didn't misspell "Organised", I am just using UK English while you are using US English.

It is religion because it talks about God, it talks about how the world was created and it is telling you how to live your life because of what happens after life. (Heaven, hell, etc.) Does that not classiy as a religion?

Am sorry that you believe that over 99% of the worlds population is going to hell. I guess that's one way to avoid overcrouding in heaven. You must understand that with me, logic is what many of my beliefs are based on, and condemning 99% of the world's poplation to hell seems extremely illogical and unforgiving.

i did not say that.did even look any thing up in a KJV Bible.

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

That last paragraph was aimed to Ribitta.

Also, instead of asking me if I looked anything up, just ask me these things:

1. Does the Bible make any reference to God?

2. Does the Bible make any reference to life after Death?

3. Does the Bible make any reference to how the world was created?

If it does ANY of these things, let alone all of them, it is a religion.

pual
White Shade
239 posts

Quote:
That last paragraph was aimed to Ribitta.

Also, instead of asking me if I looked anything up, just ask me these things:

1. Does the Bible make any reference to God?

2. Does the Bible make any reference to life after Death?

3. Does the Bible make any reference to how the world was created?

If it does ANY of these things, let alone all of them, it is a religion.

not necesarilly. but yes it mentions all of them.after the Rapture 75% of the inhabitants will remain.1/3 of that will remain after the wrath of the Lamb worldwide earth quake.putting that down to 50%.only 25% will remain to the Glorious Appearing of Christ. the other 25% not mentioned will all be gone after all the judgements.all this will happen in a 7 year time period which begins when the Antichrist signs a peace treaty with Isreal.after 3 and1/2 years the Antichrist will break the treaty.

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

Israel didn't even exist when the Bible was created. Unless it is actually refering the the Israelites, AKA Jews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

Rioni Riishu
Superstar!
Inactive
729 posts

Oh, yay, another freaking flamefest. I barely come here anymore because it's all I see.

On topic, I'm a Christian. I am not going to argue about it.

-Ri

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

So far to my memory there has not been a single flame here yet.

Banned
1140 posts

I am Christian once more.

Bye-bye, Inti.... IF Doc bans me like I told him to.

Rioni... thanks for the Final-Zero music..

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

I'm just really disappointed with the ones who believe that non-christians will go to hell just because they don't believe.

Samsara has it right, that kind of attitude is elitist and just goes against Christianity, period. I was told the purpose of being a Christian was unconditional love and forgiveness. Where is it?

Seriously, come on! How would you feel if your best friend suddenly told you were going to hell just because. That would hurt. So, please, don't hurt everyone with that kind of hypocritical thinking.

We're all here on this planet! We're supposed to get along with each other, but even if we can't... can we at least respect each other and not say hurtful things that goes against your beliefs?

Like I said earlier, I don't have a religion because I'm more worried about my current situation right now and I don't really have the time to stand back and think about things. Once I get a job and sort things out, maybe I'll have the chance to think.

But, please, don't tell people that they're going to hell just because they don't believe. That's just an insult and hurts people.

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!
Inactive
1267 posts

Why do so many non-Christians care when they're being told they're going to hell for not believing? Wow, you're going to a place you don't believe in because you don't believe in the thing that will send you there. Big deal. :lol:

I'm sorry, I just don't see what the big deal is unless you do believe in Hell. *shrug*

pual
White Shade
239 posts

Quote:
Israel didn't even exist when the Bible was created. Unless it is actually refering the the Israelites, AKA Jews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

wrong.the Isrealites lived in Isreal before the Bible was written.take it up with a Bible teacher if you have to.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

I know I only care because the "going to hell" thing is really holier-than-thou and it steams my broccoli, but only because I can't stand people who think they're better than everyone else who isn't in their little clique.

Saying that though, I also find it hilarious. I thought they're supposed to follow Christ? Not worship him or anything, but follow in his footsteps. Did I miss something or did Christ run around saying "Hey if you don't believe in my dad you're gonna burn in hell." :lol:

I think we need more flames in this topic, honestly. Mega X?

pual
White Shade
239 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
I know I only care because the "going to hell" thing is really holier-than-thou and it steams my broccoli, but only because I can't stand people who think they're better than everyone else who isn't in their little clique.

Saying that though, I also find it hilarious. I thought they're supposed to follow Christ? Not worship him or anything, but follow in his footsteps. Did I miss something or did Christ run around saying "Hey if you don't believe in my dad you're gonna burn in hell." :lol:

try reading the KJV Bible.

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

Isn't that the Bible which was translated into English from Latin? If it is, it's probably even worse on translation than the latin was.

Banned
1140 posts

Quote:
Isn't that the Bible which was translated into English from Latin? If it is, it's probably even worse on translation than the latin was.
Translated from Hebrew.

Bye-bye, Inti.... IF Doc bans me like I told him to.

Rioni... thanks for the Final-Zero music..

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

And besides, didn't it ever occur to you guys that translations aren't always accurate?

They could have changed words around to make it fit...

Besides, it's just a book with stories in it, that's just it. (I am so going to get a lot of hate from this.)

Clarification-- I've never read all of the bible but I do know some of the stories from it... just really the basics because I had some kind of book for kids with some stories from the bible. I apologize if calling the bible a book full of story offends you guys, but... I don't know how else to describe it. =/

[Edited on 25-2-2006 by Kia_Purity]

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

I don't hate you for it, and I don't think anyone else will (or they shouldn't). I think it's a thing anyone who was not a Christian would say, not trying to be insulting. I mean, if you don't believe in the Bible, it is nothing more than a book of stories. I'm a Christian, which means that by definition they're more than stories to me. But I understand perfectly that anyone who is not Christian would see them as stories, and your definition of the Bible lies entirely in your religous perspective.

Really, it is a Christian's duty by religion not to let a non-Christian stay non-Christian. However, after a prolonged experience with religous message board topics, I've learned that it's pretty much useless to debate the topic over the Internet.

With that said, I will post no more. I know, I've said it 15,000 times, but nothing good comes from these discussions...

UNLESS MEGA X, SAMSARA, NECRO, AND HOLLOW TORMENT ARE INVOLVED!

*pulls string and confetti falls*

[Edited on 25-2-2006 by AimMan v2.5]

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment

At your service, unbelieving scum.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."