Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosTrigger
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dranzer.exe
Why does everyone hate BN4 though, it had a decent plot and the second (If no The) Hardest boss in MMBN history...?

The story and battle system were alright. It's everything else that they've done to the game that's made it feel like it was lagging behind all the others. Net Squares disappeared, the town's redone, the music feels out of place compared to the first three, the translation was shotty at points, the game throws in some oddities that feel irrelevant as compared to the series, it feels they've completely downplayed the NaviCustomizer, and then there are those people who dislike the whole random "episodic" feel to the tournaments. There's also the other group of people who are pissed over the Style Change/Double Soul switch. I myself don't mind them, but I do feel like this game was definitely lacking compared to the rest.

"Episodic"? The whole BN SERIES is "Episodic" One navi attacks, Megaman finds way to win, Bad navi goes bye bye. Over and over in what you might call "episodes" Ideally calling BN4 Episodic and complaining about it is Hypocritical.

The navi customizer really wasn't even the biggest thing to begin with to, I personally liked the power up system just fine myself. Because it's stats STAYED AFTER I PUT THEM THERE AND DIDN'T HAVE TO BE REMOVED.

Soul-wise I thought that is was flawed but actually a good concept. Instead of just styles why not build on the design of them and make Souls, it's really actually a decent idea. The cross system is probably what Capcom was really aiming for at the time, but it just was experimental in BN4.

As for the translation issues, there's at least one in just about every import game anyways, and really the worst about it seems to be BN5...

AS for the remodel, it really wasn't a bad idea also, give the characters some fresh looks, re-do the town so it it looks more futuristic, really, I don't see how people can constantly gripe about a make-over that really wasn't a big deal anyways. The whole Net square thing was overrated anyways, it was just the merchants that made it worthwhile and there's still Net merchants even after the disappearance of the Net squares...

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6324 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Why does everyone hate BN4 though, it had a decent plot and the second (If no The) Hardest boss in MMBN history...?

Along with what ChaosTrigger said, since he covers several of my gripes with the game...

The whole "short tournament scenarios" thing just did NOT work:
- Match is at the head of a new, pointless crime syndicate that doesn't even HAVE a NAME?
- Lan said at one point: "Sharo? That land all the way to the North?" while I just visited *five* minutes ago for a different scenario.
- We get introduced to characters that vanish at the end of each scenario never to return.
- Each part was exactly the same: stare at tournament board, meet opponent, go fix problem related to that opponent, return to the stadium to fight, say good bye, and repeat.

There's also the fact that you have to play through the game at least three times to see everything it has to offer. As a result of that, you get repetitive viruses who only level up between each run. It's a bit of a shame, since the main plot (the whole asteroid deal) was actually pretty interesting. It was surrounded with the boring stuff, though.

Red Sun is still worth playing since it has Roll Soul, at least. Healing + breaking arrow attack is really neat.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

If you can't tell how BN4 is more episodic than the rest of the series, then there's no hope left for you.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

Aren't you people ever satisfied?

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

BN6 is probably my favorite of the series. The Beast modes were really awesome, and while the plot wasn't the best, I still really liked it. Crosses are a huge improvement over Souls. And Tengu Man. Can't forget Tengu Man.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by RisingDragon
Aren't you people ever satisfied?

Hello, we're here to whine and rant about how many things we'd like to fix about megaman.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Dark Zero
Master Mavrick Hunter
Inactive
18 posts

im still with bn3 white cause of ground style and tell me which is better on my shadow v.s. ground thread interodi.com/mboard/topic.php?id_topic=11755

[i]Edited by Dark Zero on March 16, 2007 at 3:07:30.[/i]

You WILL feel the wrath of Zero

Jennifermylove
BassLord
Inactive
36 posts

Quote:

It was just boring to go through thwe same story line over and over again and it was annoying to have to do the same tournament three times just to get all the souls. Also Duo wasnt one of the hardest bosses . Actually he was one of the easier ones. Alpha was the hardest and nebula grey right aafter that. Duo was one of the easiest.

Before you criticize a man walk a mile in his shoes, that way when you criticize him your a mile away and you have his shoes.

"No, I tell you this only because your hearts are pure. Well, except you Axel, your heart emits enough radiation to kill small animals."

(\__/)
( O.o)
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.