Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children, Do You Like the Movie?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on May 10, 2006 at 17:27:04 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman
As Morph said, no knocking on Cait. He's one cool cat once you get use to him. XP I'm kinda glad they got rid of the mog though. That thing surely wouldn't be easy to move around on.

I didn't like him. His one emotional scene was fake, and that was a huge strike against him

Quote:
"Non-canonical characters." Let me just giggle at that. *giggle* If I could just make characters who are in the game "non-canonical", I would have a field day in some videogame storylines. XP

FF7. The one franchise that assumes the secret characters were in your party.

Quote:
And everyone who wanted a FF9 movie, you all are witches or something. I never seen a condensed group of FF9 fans together before. O_o;

We exist. FF9 was only unpopular because of the people that joined the series at 7. True, I only started playing them a few years ago. But I started at 4. FF9 was chock-full of references to earlier FF's.

Edited by Mega X.exe on May 10, 2006 at 10:27:22.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
Cookie.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on May 10, 2006 at 17:46:12 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
FF7. The one franchise that assumes the secret characters were in your party.

I never liked the idea of secret characters. If the characters are suppose to be part of the storyline, then have them join your party like everyone else.

But I suppose the player doesn't need to know more about Sephiroth's past or what happened in Wutai.

On topic, as I said before, the movie seemed to ignore all the other teammates except for Cloud and Tifa. Cloud had way too much screen time. I wanted more of a team centered movie and character development of the other characters.

Quote:
We exist. FF9 was only unpopular because of the people that joined the series at 7. True, I only started playing them a few years ago. But I started at 4. FF9 was chock-full of references to earlier FF's.

I started with Final Fantasy 7 and liked it very much. But as I played the new ones (FF8 and FF9) when they came out, I found FF9 was my favorite and better than FF7.

I barely played the older SNES games. They are okay, I guess. I should play them so I could be able to say I played them...

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia

Stream: Naked Raiden cartwheels
Posted on May 10, 2006 at 18:19:55 [Post link]

I confess: I barely remember either FF7 or FF9. It's always been FF8 for me. (I even have the entire set of FF8 figures on my desk shelf. >_>;) I also own two copies of FF8: One for PC and the other for PSX.

For me, FF8 was my first. And hooboy, back then, I'd get into fights with FF7 fanboys just because FF8 wasn't FF7. XP

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

mr.match
Red Panda

Stream: Since when did "P" equal "O"?
Posted on May 10, 2006 at 22:12:50 [Post link]

I played 7 and hated it for the fact that the grapics weren't that great, the characters were kinda lame, and the story was generic sci-fi.

I played 9 and loved it for the fact that the grapics were really good, the characters were cool, and it was a fantasy story.

FF9 had kingdoms and swords. FF7 had guns and bad haircuts.

FF9 was a throw back to all the Final Fantasy games. It had all the classes from the original game, too. (Zidane = thief, Vivi = black mage, Armarent = black belt)

I enjoy fun games more than games that everyone else likes.

Also, Zidane never wore a dress. That makes him waaay more badass than Cloud.

I'm older school than you are.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on May 10, 2006 at 23:57:43 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by mr.match
I played 7 and hated it for the fact that the grapics weren't that great, the characters were kinda lame, and the story was generic sci-fi.

I played 9 and loved it for the fact that the grapics were really good, the characters were cool, and it was a fantasy story.

FF9 had kingdoms and swords. FF7 had guns and bad haircuts.

FF9 was a throw back to all the Final Fantasy games. It had all the classes from the original game, too. (Zidane = thief, Vivi = black mage, Armarent = black belt)

I enjoy fun games more than games that everyone else likes.

Also, Zidane never wore a dress. That makes him waaay more badass than Cloud.

In some ways it was closer to later FFs. Amerant was more of a BlackBelt/Ninja, what with Throw and all. Eiko and Garnet were Summoner/White Mage. With emphasis on Summoner and White Mage respectively. Steiner was a Fighter/Knight type.

FF8 kicked both their asses, though.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on May 11, 2006 at 5:00:59 [Post link]

FF9 is the better game, FF8 has the better characters. At least in your party.. I started with FF8 and actually liked the FF7 characters until I played the game and saw the dialogue.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on May 11, 2006 at 5:27:40 [Post link]

I like FF8 because the plot wasn't really about the final boss. I mean it was but it really wasn't it was mostly about Squall's growth as a character. Not only does that act alone earn major points IMO, it wasn't badly done, so that just helps it more.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

megaman x rocks!
Banned

Stream: You need to get a life dude!
Posted on May 11, 2006 at 7:14:28 [Post link]

i realised that yuffie was scared of bugs!*giggle*but i cant laugh at her cos i also scared and hate bugs! ^_-

oh and one more thing,which one of you guys like one of the kadaj gang members,i only like Loz!
Edited by megaman x rocks! on May 11, 2006 at 7:14:46. ;)

Edited by megaman x rocks! on May 11, 2006 at 7:16:46.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on May 11, 2006 at 7:33:29 [Post link]

Loz cried too much and that other guy took a cheap shot. He might be just like Sephiroth, but at least he fought (almost) fairly.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

megaman x rocks!
Banned

Posted on May 11, 2006 at 10:57:34 [Post link]

Quote:
Loz cried too much and that other guy took a cheap shot. He might be just like Sephiroth, but at least he fought (almost) fairly.
i did'nt even watch final fantasy 6,so dont ask me about it!I only see Loz cried at the when kadaj said he does'nt know whether 'mother' was eith cloud!(part from where yazoo and Loz was ready to battle Cloud on the motorcycle(its at the beginiing part)i bought the pirated one,so i dunno whether the original sub-titals are the real sub-titles and the pirated one is the fake sub_titals!
-_-

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on May 11, 2006 at 15:05:32 [Post link]

WTF? Final Fantasy 6? o.O

Where did that come from?

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia

Stream: Naked Raiden cartwheels
Posted on May 11, 2006 at 19:35:39 [Post link]

That's what I want to know. FF6 was on SNES... and pixels.

Ah, that reminds me. There's this one game that I terribly adore (maybe a bit more than FF8) that was a blend of pixel and polygons... Xenogears. (If you couldn't tell by my avatar.)

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

Blazen
Vv

Stream: Fighting is reeeeeaaaaally not my thing.
Posted on May 14, 2006 at 5:32:51 [Post link]

I just saw it a while ago. It was pretty good, I enjoyed the humor with Reno and Rufus the most. The battle with Cloud and Sephiroth was ok, it could have been better somewhat. I also wish that Sephiroth had a bigger part, only because he's the big bad guy in FF7. The battle with Tifa and Loz was in my opinion slightly better than Clouds and Sephiroth's. Yes I also wish that the other characters had a bigger part as well. Cid, Yuffie, Vincent, all of them could have had a bigger part, but Square wanted this to be about Cloud aviously, but they made you notice that too much. All in all I give it a 8/10.

Rioni Riishu
Superstar!

Stream: "You've got red on you."
Posted on May 14, 2006 at 22:58:56 [Post link]

This is a tad off topic, but Kia: Yesss, Xenogears! There's an RPG worth getting excited over if there ever was one. And character developement on all sides. ^^

Also, as far as that goes, man, Legend of Dragoon needs WAY more love- that was a good game storyline, and just a good game overall.

-Ri

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on May 14, 2006 at 23:59:21 [Post link]

Yeah, but I never liked the world map. I would have loved a sequel, though.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

mr.match
Red Panda

Stream: Since when did "P" equal "O"?
Posted on May 15, 2006 at 4:40:00 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Rioni Riishu
Also, as far as that goes, man, Legend of Dragoon needs WAY more love- that was a good game storyline, and just a good game overall.

-Ri

Legend of the Dragoon was awesome. I still have it.

If a movie was made of that I probably wouldn't steal it. I'd actually pay!

I'm older school than you are.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on May 15, 2006 at 4:49:49 [Post link]

I'd rather see it as an anime OVA.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on May 15, 2006 at 5:01:03 [Post link]

Yeah, actually if Advent Calendar was anime I probably would have watched it. CG movies are never as good as traditional animation.

megaman x rocks!
Banned

Posted on May 15, 2006 at 9:40:12 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Blazen
I just saw it a while ago. It was pretty good, I enjoyed the humor with Reno and Rufus the most. The battle with Cloud and Sephiroth was ok, it could have been better somewhat. I also wish that Sephiroth had a bigger part, only because he's the big bad guy in FF7. The battle with Tifa and Loz was in my opinion slightly better than Clouds and Sephiroth's. Yes I also wish that the other characters had a bigger part as well. Cid, Yuffie, Vincent, all of them could have had a bigger part, but Square wanted this to be about Cloud aviously, but they made you notice that too much. All in all I give it a 8/10.
I think u mean 'Reno and Rude'cos Rude was mostly with Reno,oh!and one part when the battle of loz and yazoo and Reno and Rude.the part when Rude was hitted by a big signboard and mostly like he said:"Y u..Son of a*Reno falls on him*"like that part when Rude was gonna say a bad word!

:lol:

Morphman
Niz-Da

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Posted on May 15, 2006 at 16:23:51 [Post link]

1. Blazen meant Rufus. Surely. Rufus R0xx0rzz yo B0xx0rzz. Rude's only *cool* point is that he has shades.

2. You have no proof of that. It's only in your mind. You're the criminal.

Ace Scope
Superstar!

Posted on May 15, 2006 at 22:23:53 [Post link]

Blazen did mean to say Rude. I don't even remember who Rufus is, can someone remind me?

megaman x rocks!
Banned

Posted on May 16, 2006 at 6:52:28 [Post link]

Dude,Rufus is the boss of Reno and Rude!

Ray
Chocobo

Stream: Can i kill you?
Posted on May 16, 2006 at 19:54:29 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by megaman x rocks!
Dude,Rufus is the boss of Reno and Rude!

Rufus is the President of Shin-ra Company, his full name is Rufus Shinra so that must explain a lot,

also, he is the boss of Reno, Rude and all the other Turks, like Elena and Tseng from the games, they even got a Veeeeeeeery little role in the movie, they caught Rufus when he fell of the building

i'm actually suprised he survived the collaps of Shin-ra HQ, Heidegger and that other b*tch didn't, serves them right, Losers.

Zero the saber master
Some guy

Posted on May 16, 2006 at 23:58:38 [Post link]

I loved the movie even though it kinda jumped around abit like when cloud went to forgotten city they didnt show you what they talked about before until he started to think. but still i liked it.

megaman x rocks!
Banned

Posted on May 17, 2006 at 6:13:19 [Post link]

I thought Elena and Tseng died cos when kadaj throw both of their card and it showed blood on it.But when rufus was save,i saw Elena and Tseng there,so there must be explanation for bllod stains on the card. -_-

Edited by megaman x rocks! on May 17, 2006 at 6:13:49.

Morphman
Niz-Da

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Posted on May 17, 2006 at 16:22:41 [Post link]

They made an emo FF7 fanboy spill his blood on it.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on May 17, 2006 at 16:23:41 [Post link]

"Sephiroth is dead, like my blackened soul."

*cut*
*bleed*

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on May 17, 2006 at 22:51:37 [Post link]

Lawlz. Aren't 70% of FF7 fanboys emo? Something around that number...

megaman x rocks!
Banned

Posted on May 18, 2006 at 7:36:59 [Post link]

Maybe it was just Paint?

Morphman
Niz-Da

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Posted on May 18, 2006 at 13:08:46 [Post link]

MMXR, when you are a true emo Sephi lover and bleed for him on ID-cards, you have to come out and say it, little man.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New topic Reply