Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Sgt. Frog
gerogero
Inactive
15 posts

Which Manga's you read and why?
I read:
Chobits: I find funny except for some ahem.. "odd" parts :hehe:
.hack Legend of The Twilight: I love the storyline
Case Closed: Mystery's kick a**
Sgt Frog: I love it I love the story and it's so funny
Rurouni Kenshin (best show ever): I don't really know why :hehe:

P.S. How do you prounonce (sp?) Kaoru?

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/padfootmk/rkquiz.html" target="_blank"><font size="-2">Which Rurouni Kenshin Character Are You?</a><p>Test Created By <a href="http://" alt="Image" /

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!
Inactive
1397 posts

DeathNote and Trigun. Both good reads, and funny in some parts.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Megaman NT Warrior and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. I've been thinking of checking out Hellsing, too.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

I read a lot of manga. ^^ I don't have good explinations for some of them.... ;;>>

EDIT: I don't really read much of DB series, Tenchi Muyo, Megaman NT Warrior, and Fruits Basket. I haven't really gotten the books. CCS ended a long time ago and Viz stopped translating Pokemon ADVENTURES around volume seven that actually send to the USA...

Cardcaptor Sakura - It is one of the best manga ever.
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - It's funny and yet confusing.
Pokemon ADVENTURES - I love Ruby and Sapphire. ^^
Tenchi Muyo - I liked the anime.
Megaman NT Warrior - I like Megaman so why not look at the manga?
Furi Kuri (FLCL) - xD Confusing.
RAVE (Groove Adventure Rave/Rave Master) - Hiro Mashima sure can make a good manga. It's funny. xD
Full Metal Alchemist - I liked the anime.
One Piece - The dub is crap.
Tokyo Mew Mew - The dub is crap.
Naruto - Because I like it.
DN Angel - It looked interesting.
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE - I wanted to know what elese happened to Sakura and Syaoran...
MAR (Marchen Awakens Romance) - It looked interesting.
Bleach - People said it was good.
Fruits Basket - Meh, I only read to book three but it's okay.
Galaxy Angel - A friend told me it was good.
Kingdom Hearts - I love the game series.

EDIT:I'm adding Chrono Crusade! ^_^

Edited by Kagome_Sakura on May 28, 2006 at 8:21:47.

zeusgamer00
Spriter
Inactive
701 posts

Only ones I have ever read were the Neon Genesis Evangelion ones, and a bit of Gundam, Rurouni Kenshin. I read them because I simply enjoyed the animes. ^_-

~When light and darkness combine the world will see what the apocalypse looks like.~
Join my Spriting Message Board: http://s3.invisionfree.com/EvanJPForums/index.php

metool
Superstar!
Inactive
1861 posts

I knew about Death Note 2 years before they made a english release of it >_>;; I thought it was a bit strange at first.

I don't exactly collect the whole series of a manga, i just read some here and there.
Negima! - Funny.
Love Hina - Funny.
Ultimate Muscle - Needed something to read on my trip to Nevada a few years back.
Megaman NT Warrior - I hate the translations. Makes me sad. But it beats the hell out of translating it myself.
Dragon Ball - I used to watch the show >_>;;
Gundam Wing - I like mecha >_>.
Ranma 1/2 - Funny.
Inuyasha - Only used to read this back when i used to watch it. Not anymore tho. Stopped like at book 6.
Inital D - I used to play >_>;; So i thought i'd read up on the storyline. Stopped readin and watchin tho.
Death Note - Good story and stuff, and it's pretty amazing how much Light plans ahead in his killings.
Samurai Deeper Kyo - Typical sword fighting. S'ok.
Comic Party - Meh, jus bought one to see if i'd like it or not.
Bleach - Eh, it's alright, too over marketed now though. Stopped at like...book 5. Stopped watchin around ep...25?
Rave Master - Ehh...s'ok but the way everything is , is a bit too convinient in how haru gets things at the right time.
Full Metal Alchemist - Bought one book, needed to read something on trip to California.
Rurouni Kenshin - Liked the show, and wanted to see what happened after Shioshio was beaten.
King of Bandit Jing - Got bored so i bought a few. It's ok.
Detective Conan - Mysteries are fun to read.

DreamSword
Shade.EXE
Inactive
368 posts

I read Shohan Jump.

"Made by X-shunin and slash beast"

Ribitta
Rampant
Inactive
1303 posts

Megaman NT warrior....

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

It's hard to explain how to pronounce words with just text... Especially since some people pronounce words differently within the same language.

But anyways

Rurouni Kenshin - Shishio and Saitou
Berserk - Violence, Guts, and Puck (to a lesser extent the Godhand and Griffith [I both like and despise him])
Lupin III - Hilarity

Unfortunately there's not alot of manga I like, because I really don't like shoujo crap (don't give a damn who's going out with who and who's magical) and shounen crap (screaming out your attacks before doing them seems kind of detrimental to the attack, to me. Plus the frequent "standing over to the side of a giant battle and discussing it like nothings wrong" doesn't work either. Alot of cheese)..and that's pretty much all the market is. And I don't like the american comic market either because it's all muscular people with small heads drawn by pretentious jerkoffs.

Eighteen headed dragon stab!!

...no, my attacks aren't hurting them!

Nooooo their egos are too strong!

*some guy off to the side* Wow, looks like Hollow's having alot of trouble with those american comic artists..
*Guy #2* Yeah, I thought the Eighteen Headed Dragon Stab would work. Maybe yelling it so it could be avoided was a bad thing.
*Guy #1* Yeah, like in that movie Akira..did you ever watch that?

ARGH someone help they're swarming me! THIRTEEN HEADED CENTIPEDE TREE DEVOURER!!

*Guy #2* Yeah I saw Akira..they yelled alot in that movie too. Was pretty creepy, can't remember alot of it though. Kinda overrated nowadays, huh?
*Guy #1* Yeah, I guess so. I don't keep up with anime.

Nooooo they're assaulting me with pretentious words and comic ideas that are so overdramatic it's hilarious! Must...not...laugh!

*Guy #1* I don't watch anime either, unless there's some hot chick in it. Alot of guys told me to watch Ev..Evangelion? for Rei something or other..
*Guy #2* Bah, she's old hat.

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet
Inactive
1476 posts

Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm - Best. Manga. Ever.
Mobile Suit Gundam: 0079 - One of my favorite animes, good manga too.
MAR - Seems interesting so far.
Naruto - I KNOW it sucks, that's why I'm reading it XD
Gundam SEED Astray - Best part of the SEED saga.

And the rest are manwhas.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Become Dr. Cossack's waifu
Acquired on 20 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

Kingdom Hearts Manga

Shonen Jump's Cluster of Manga

SoulofaDeadRose
The Goddess of Demons
Inactive
223 posts

I mostly read Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragonball Z, and .hack AI Buster. I guess the last one is more of a book than a manga, but oh well.

It's better to be alone than ignored.

Oh, how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying.

Rioni Riishu
Superstar!
Inactive
729 posts

*Ceres (Favorite. Ever. Period.)
*Vampire Game (It's weird, but I get some amusement from it.)
*Yu-Gi-Oh (It's nothing like the show.)
*Shaman King (Well, only one issue, but it was interesting.)
*Trigun (I'm a Trigun junky.)
*Case Closed
*Rouroni Kensin
*Yu Yu Hakusho

...I don't remember everything I read occasionally. x_x My fiance and my friends all collect, and we all read each others, so it amounts to quite a bit.

-Ri

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

I just started reading Chrono Crusade a few days ago. I really like it. ^_^

Although some stupid person spoiled the ending. I didn't mean to read it. I was just reading this one thing and of course it wasn't marked as a spoiler. *grr*

Edited by Kagome_Sakura on May 28, 2006 at 8:24:12.

Lifa
Non-Playable Character
Inactive
203 posts

Hmm.
Let's see... *stares at bookshelf*

Name [number of volumes at this moment] - reason or something

Bleach [5] - I have wacthed this in anime and the manga looks great too so why not?
Detective Conan [from 3rd to 19th] - Interesting mysteries
Fruits Basket [13] - I want to know what happens on the end..
Ginga Legend Weed [3] - Ginga Nagareboshi Gin in anime was really great, but because GLW-anime is really bad for eyes to watch, I rather buy the manga.
Inuyasha [7] - Err... I dunno. Maybe because I wasn't able to see it in anime.
Immortal Rain [6] - Interesting story
Kingdom Hearts [1] - That game was great so the manga must be great too.
Negima! [1] - Err. I bought this because I was curious? 8D; - No, I'm not a pervert.. >.>""
Neon Genesis Evangelion [1] - I have watched some episodes of this anime and now I started to buy manga and read them all.
One Piece [13] - Once I was so interested in pirates and so on.
Time Stranger Kyoko [all 3] - I fell in love when I saw this in the store~
Tokyo MewMew [4] - I don't know why I read this..
Trigun Maximum [2 and 4] - I have watched Trigun and of course I'd to buy manga.. ^^"

And some mangas what I don't read anymore.. Maybe because I was lazy to read more.
Dragon Ball [Well, only four volumes of this]
Ranma½ [Better than DB - only two]

Edited by Tikki on May 28, 2006 at 14:17:08.

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

My answer can be kept really short: none.

I don't read manga on regular base. Nowhere near where I live can you buy manga.

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

megamanx2000
MegaManX2000
Inactive
16 posts

i read this one online. and i know its not a real manga its a doujinshi, but it is so damn cool. really i hope to see the next comic.

http://bleedman.snafu-comics.com/?strip_id=0

hope you like it.

Visit my website and forums plz, they are empty!!!.

saiyanprince5
Wandering Returner
Inactive
528 posts

I read,
NT Warrior,
Rouroni Kensin,
and Ragnarok. All are great books but you guys should try to read Ragnarok because it is a good series.

lisistrata
Savage Damsel
Inactive
18 posts

Fruits basket.
thats my fave cause the guy that i like looks like one of the charicters. and the plot is really good.

Nasuke
Lead character
149 posts

Ugh..lets see here:

Ruroni Kenshin
Naruto
Black Cat
One Piece
Bleach
Ragnarok
Rave master.(Only one volume.)
Inuyasha
Love Hina
.Hack
And Chobits.(Rarly.)

3Image

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit
Inactive
1788 posts

Currently... Nothing much. I try to not even get close to the manga sections at my bookstores (they started mixing the yaoi and hentai manga with the regular and do not separate the titles by genre (which is annoying)). I don't pick up new titles unless I am certain they are clean or that someone recommended it to me.

From Far Away: ...what? Can't I read a little romance? ^^;; I really can't stand shojo manga but this one is different. I somehow found a clean one that also has better issues than "I need to get 'A's on my next test!", "I hate Keiko! She stole my boyfriend!", or "Transform! Super Power Girl Flash!" The manga is cute, serious, actiony, and romantic. Sure, it has some cliched things about it (girl is transported to another world, girl falls in love with first boy she sees, etc.), but the writer treats it with a bit more realism than the bulk of shojo writers.

Megaman NT Warrior: Who's bright idea was it to darken the images so badly that you can't make out detail in some pages or to make the original scans so big that they cut off on the sides of the page? This title is poorly reproduced... Other than the graphical disappointments, I like it. I somehow feel that Lan and Hub has more of a bond in the manga than in the anime or the games (and that's real big points to me).

Kingdom Hearts: Really, it's a waste of "munny." The characters and stories are much more flat than how they are presented in the game. It's like a quick superficial summary of the game. Did this person really played the game? ^^; Good thing it costs less than regular manga titles... Good Uses: Practicing drawing HK characters or a cute cup coaster.

Of course, I use to collect the Astro Boy manga but all the bookstores I go to took them all off the shelves. I think someone complained about them...

Edited by Breakman on May 31, 2006 at 0:36:58.

BassGospel
Shirt Ninja
Inactive
561 posts

@ MegamanX2000: Bleedman's Grim Tales and PPG doujinshis are awesome.

Currently reading Bleach. It's as kick ass as the anime.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Initial D: One of my personal favorites.
Kenshin: need I say anything?
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Good part: Robots Bad part: everyones mental problems.
NT warrior: No real explanation necessary if you know what site you're on.
Zoids Chaotic Century: More mecha
Gundam SEED: more mecha
G Gundam: Yay more mecha
Naruto: *points to avatar*
Groove Adventure Rave (I refuse to call it Rave master) :very good manga right here.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

KamikazeChicken
Probably
Inactive
116 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
*Guy #2* Bah, she's old hat.
Ha. Anything that uses the term "old hat" wins instant awesome points.

I read:

Trigun / Trigun Maximum - Love it. Recently started re-reading it to hold me over 'til Trigun Maximum vol. 9 is released (which semms to just keep getting pushed back)
Hellsing - Thought it'd be a sack o' crap, but I fell for it. Violence and vampires, always fun.
Berserk - Picked it up upon recommendation. Deliciously violent.
Sword of the Dark Ones - Only 3 volumes long, but it was fun, and I liked the art. Pick it up.

Others Worth Mentioning:

FLCL - Loved the show, didn't like the manga so much. I read 'em both anyway.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Picked up the first few after I saw the anime for the first time, grew tired of EVA shortly after. I may get back into it eventually.
Naruto - Recommended (strangely enough) by the same person who recommended I get into Berserk. The whole kiddie packaging this series is wrapped in often puts me off, but it does have some redeeming qualities here and there.
Testarotho - Took a gamble and picked up the first issue (couldn't check it out in the store as it was one of those shrink-wrapped ones) Not much about it appealed to me. Have yet to finish volume 1 and probably won't get the others.

The two things I dislike most about American comics are:
1. They only stay in print for one month per issue
2. The artisits and writers change constantly making for obnoxious inconsistencies
Both of these things are thankfully absent from manga, which why I don't mind collecting it.

I also highly recommend the Trigun manga. Far superior to the anime.

Edited by KamikazeChicken on June 1, 2006 at 15:05:40.

Kamikaze Chicken - Not the name of a rejected Maverick, but sometimes mistaken for one.

Banned
50 posts

Absolute boyfriend
Azumanga Daioh
Bizenghast
*Chibi Vampire
*Dark Moon Diary
Et Cetera
FLCL
Forbidden Dance
Fruba
Fullmetal Alchemist
Galaxy Angel
GABeta
Godchild
Howl’s Moving Castle
Inu Yasha
Kiki’s Delivery Service
Kingdom Hearts
Megatokyo
Onegai Teacher
Princess Ai
Shadow Star
Shutter Box
*Soul to Seoul
The Nightmare Before Christmas
*X-Kai

* Ones I need to read still

and that's it ^_^

"I'm going to start WOUNDING you now" - Aeris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kile's wearing loafers again." -me
"I can tell." -Rae
"aren't ya gonna beat him up?" -me
"Nah, he'll get over it. Plus he told me to punch you any time you hit him with your hat" -Rae
"That sucks, .....
Crabgrass... lol" -me

axl z
Gundamn
Inactive
1059 posts

Rurouni Kenshin
kingdom hearts
Baserk
Naruto
megaman nt warrior
Full metal alcemist
Inuasha
Dragonball z
R.O.D
Dot hack
spiderman

Edited by axl z on June 3, 2006 at 17:52:38.

saiyanprince5
Wandering Returner
Inactive
528 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Nasuke
Ugh..lets see here:

Ruroni Kenshin
Naruto
Black Cat
One Piece
Bleach
Ragnarok
Rave master.(Only one volume.)
Inuyasha
Love Hina
.Hack
And Chobits.(Rarly.)

Though I have only read 2 volumes, I think Rave master is cool.

axl z
Gundamn
Inactive
1059 posts

I started reading rave master and didnt like it.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

The begininng of Rave Master isn't that great, but it gets better and more perverted. XD

It gets less boring as it goes on.