Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman20th/

Looks like BNX is coming.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Sorry, Kemo Sabe-I already posted about this in the "Battle Network Series Forum" thread.

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Meh, this news may get it's own thread, I suppose. =/

ROKKUMAN RETURNS!

"But what Lan and MegaMan DIDN'T know, was that their adventures where FAR from over..."

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Arkane
Archangel
Inactive
1166 posts

Oh god. Just let it end already!

Battle Network was dead after number 3. 4 sucked. 5 well, was okay, for no other reason then that it was made for the DS, containing both versions of the game. I'm not going to even bother with 6. Even though it looks like the "annoying" factor has been toned down a little in MMBN6, simply by making Mega Man more powerful and easier to manuever, by using the Beast Out technique.

Mega Man Battle Network in a nut shell:

Start game. Beat Game. Enter Secret Area. Collect absolutly everything. Beat Bass. Use Link Cable for more unlockable junk. Repeat.

I don't see how this new title will be any different. A new look, in the same damn game over and over...

What would be a nice change, would be to make a MMBN game for any of the bigger consoles, using elements from the GBA games, and utilizing the capabilities of the Gamecube, PS2 or XBOX hardware. And no, Transmission doesn't counts as it is a side scroller.

Dragon Man
Minecraft helper
Serial Metroid Snuggler
480 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Arkane
Oh god. Just let it end already!

Battle Network was dead after number 3. 4 sucked. 5 well, was okay, for no other reason then that it was made for the DS, containing both versions of the game. I'm not going to even bother with 6. Even though it looks like the "annoying" factor has been toned down a little in MMBN6, simply by making Mega Man more powerful and easier to manuever, by using the Beast Out technique.

Mega Man Battle Network in a nut shell:

Start game. Beat Game. Enter Secret Area. Collect absolutly everything. Beat Bass. Use Link Cable for more unlockable junk. Repeat.

I don't see how this new title will be any different. A new look, in the same damn game over and over...

What would be a nice change, would be to make a MMBN game for any of the bigger consoles, using elements from the GBA games, and utilizing the capabilities of the Gamecube, PS2 or XBOX hardware. And no, Transmission doesn't counts as it is a side scroller.

The same can be said for ALMOST EVERY MEGAMAN GAME IN EXISTANCE!

Megaman: get powers, beat "Final boss", find out Wily was behind it all, beat Wily, the end

There are others, but I'm just too lazy to go into it.

MMBNX... different.

Warning: Boggarts in mirror are closer than they appear!

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Yeah, kid, you don't play a Megaman game and be like:

"REPETITIVENESS?! SAY IT AIN'T SO!"

Come on. It's MEGAMAN.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6324 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

And it's Capcom. Their sequels recipe is "Wash, rinse, repeat." :P And here we're still buying them and enjoying them (in the case of most games, at least...).

My stand right now is that this game sounds like a better idea than what I know about ZX, and it sticks to the colorful artwork of the previous games. If the current Battle Network series ends to be replaced by this one, I'll be happy because the poor thing really needs a major update. What would be really stupid to do now would be to announce a Battle Network 7...

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Slash Beast
Irken Invader
Inactive
545 posts

I don't know about that BNX they have little information on it,but ZX is a must have for me it looks really entertaining.Problably MMBN6 is the last BN game I'll get.

ImageImageImage

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Well, I'll get it. GET 'EM ALL! *maniacal laughter*

Hey, I CAN get a major discount on stuff. *kicks box filled with coupons*

Arkane
Archangel
Inactive
1166 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by The Helldragon

Come on. It's MEGAMAN.

But, at least the Originals and the X Series are shorter, thus making it a less "tiring" experience. That's why I favour those titles.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by The Helldragon

Come on. It's MEGAMAN.

But, at least the Originals and the X Series are shorter, thus making it a less "tiring" experience. That's why I favour those titles.

Not quite counting numbered games and spin-offs,
X has 10 games to my memory right now
BN has 11 to my memory
Original is some where in the 20's if I recall

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6324 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

What he means is that it takes less time to get through a game from the Original or X series than it takes time to complete a single Battle Network game. As such, the platformers don't get old nearly as fast.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

megamanx2000
MegaManX2000
Inactive
16 posts

Well, i agre that MMBN is a repetitive thing, and yes it is but the story is quite good. man i almost cried when i finished MMBN6. and you can call me a nooob but i like megaman and MMBN is really a good serie of megaman, it was a complete turn to the classic and x serie. i would implement certain things like the armor in the x serie and the saber of zero, AND zero. but since MMBN is based on the classic megaman and not the x series i guess that wont happen. but still i like BN serie a lot. the X serie and orignal serie is more fighting and less talking except for the short movie clips you dont interact at all with storyline. and MMBN has more storyline than action but still its a good RPG thingy. i like it.

Visit my website and forums plz, they are empty!!!.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6324 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by megamanx2000
i would implement certain things like the armor in the x serie and the saber of zero, AND zero. but since MMBN is based on the classic megaman and not the x series i guess that wont happen.

You need to get your hands on Mega Man Network Transmission: it has Zero's sword along with Zero himself (a new version created for the Battle Network universe, of course), and that part of the game is pretty cool.

Ribitta
Rampant
Inactive
1303 posts

Correction, that game is pretty cool.

PsychoGiga
Village Idiot
Inactive
534 posts

Alright, while you guys talk about all that off topic stuff, I have a little prediction of my own. If you have not beaten BN6 DO NOT READ! You have been warned. I can't remember how to hide the text, so read below at your own risk...

Well, seeings how after finishing BN6, Lan and Mayl get hitched, and they create their own little spawn(Gee, who saw that coming?). They name it Patch, dorky name, I agree. Could it be that this new series is the adventures of Patch? Could he get his own navi and run around a new and improved net that Lan created? Or is it possible that Patch can transfer himself into the net, like the Matrix? Well, that's my guess for the night, Anybody else think it's possible?

Edited by PsychoGiga on July 4, 2006 at 0:34:49.

"A closed mouth gathers no foot" -This is a fact of life, and I don't know who said it.

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

Spoiler (click to toggle)
Yeah, I'd imagine Patch has to come in somewhere as a character in a future Battle Network game, since they wouldn't have bothered to even name the kid if there wasn't some point behind it. They probably could have gotten off ending the thing just saying in text that "Roll and Lan were married." The thing that gets me is that Megaman still exists in the ending sequence. If that is so, doesn't it imply that the regular net still then exists? But shouldn't the regular net be kind of obsolete now that they have the radio wave thing? Wouldn't that also make navis obsolete now that people can enter the cyber world themselves? What I'm trying to say is, what happens to Megaman.EXE now?

Edited by AimMan v2.5 on July 5, 2006 at 0:25:48.

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by AimMan v2.5
What I'm trying to say is, what happens to Megaman.EXE now?

Edited by AimMan v2.5 on July 5, 2006 at 0:25:48.

Simple, people still play their old Xbox's instead of the new 360's, not everyone would upgrade, plus, this new navi looks to be an X.exe so Megaman: A. Still exists and helps lan with projects, B.Got upgraded to Megaman X.exe, or C. Baleeted. I honestly think if he still exists in BNX that he will be some type of major plot point such as: Oh no, dad's navi got navinapped, let's find the navinappers X! But to a point, there would be no real reason for him to exist in BNX. The other thing that could happen is that when in cyberspace this X.exe would be Patch's armor.

Edited by Black Dranzer.exe on July 5, 2006 at 18:10:43.

HighMaxOmega
is almost to Epsilon
Inactive
804 posts

The BNX games are supposedly set 200 years or so after the Battle Network series ended, so therefore Patch cannot be the main character. Or, if this info is wrong, then he is. Honestly, the main character doesn't matter as much.

What I want is the villains! If this has X.EXE maybe my long awaited fight with a Vile.EXE and (really long awaited battle) Sigma.EXE. If that happens, I'd love it! :lol:

Mach Jentra: I heard you were dead.
Zero: You know me - never say 'die.'

saiyanprince5
Wandering Returner
Inactive
528 posts

What I think is, Megaman will be the old guy *only 20+ years old* who tells you were to go or what to do in the game. In other words the next generation will take over.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Maybe Lan will still be the hero, only as an adult. And maybe--unlike the normal timeline--Megaman will become X.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Arkane
Archangel
Inactive
1166 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
Maybe Lan will still be the hero, only as an adult. And maybe--unlike the normal timeline--Megaman will become X.

I'd like that.

And as for bosses, don't be suprised if we get to see Chill Penguin.EXE, Manga Centipede.EXE, ect. Like Battle Network before it, the BNX Series will most likely contain elements from the X Series, like that of the BN Series and the Original Series.

There goes Capcom again, recycling their characters, and simply rendering them a newer look. Capcom may never truly end a Series. That's what gives the audience something to talk about. "Will it end?" "Will there be a sequel?"

Unless it's be stated in a document or speech by Capcom, I can't really say that MMBN is over. At least, the controversy of it never will be.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6324 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
And as for bosses, don't be suprised if we get to see Chill Penguin.EXE, Manga Centipede.EXE, ect.

There's no way I want to see that if the in-game names are still limited to 8 characters. :P ChllPngn and MgnCntpd don't sound as threatening!

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Are you people checking Atomic Fire? There's updates on that every so often. It's gotten VERY interesting, to say the least...

Glacierman
Ice God
Inactive
247 posts

I cant wait to see all the new navis. Not just ice navis. Yet theres not many good names for ice navis. I can think of lots of new names for fire,water, and elec. Scorchman(fire), Whirlman(water, whirl as in whirlpool), Zapman(elec). Of course I still dont know if there will be regular navis. Or navis resembling mega man x charactors.

HighMaxOmega
is almost to Epsilon
Inactive
804 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Quote:
And as for bosses, don't be suprised if we get to see Chill Penguin.EXE, Manga Centipede.EXE, ect.

There's no way I want to see that if the in-game names are still limited to 8 characters. :P ChllPngn and MgnCntpd don't sound as threatening!

MMX: Oh, no! Bamboo Pandamonium!

Yeah... that won't work.

Zero: Die, Bamboo Pandamonium!
*slash,slash, BOOM*

That does.

But still, BmbPndnm? No way. GigMnOWr. Nope. _____Man: ah! we're onto something! lol.

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Quote:

Surely they will change that. And perhaps they won't be Navis, but viruses instead.

HighMaxOmega
is almost to Epsilon
Inactive
804 posts

I've heard something very different than what I've heard before.
There are no Navis. Instead, aliens called FMs came to Earth in a meteor shower. The main character finds one, and fuses with it to become MM, or X or whatever. Also, the main character isn't even a Hikari (but I won't believe it until the game's out)!
A direct translation of the title is "RockMan of the Meteor Shower." I don't get much of it either. Just what I've read.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6324 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Unless you can quote a source for this, it's nothing more than a baseless rumor. It's too easy for random people to make up stuff when they're not sure what they're talking about.

HighMaxOmega
is almost to Epsilon
Inactive
804 posts

I read it on the Nintendo forums. The person who said it showed images with the Japanese characters he translated to figure this out. The images prove him right, so I wouldn't throw it away just yet.

The fusion thing is proven obviously. It has an image showing:
(main character)+(FM) = (MegaMan)
I believe it. It's a good translation and makes sense.

I'll get the images if you want me to.

Edited by HighMaxOmega on July 16, 2006 at 11:31:34.