Interordi Menu
corte
Superstar!
Inactive
516 posts

I personally think the Wii will pwn in sales because just becasue it has the worst graphics, doesn't its bad. It allows you to be more involved in your games than ever before and you can download classic games like the original mario bros. What do you guys think?

Shadowfire
The Third Commander
Inactive
653 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by corte
I personally think the Wii will pwn in sales because just becasue it has the worst graphics, doesn't its bad. It allows you to be more involved in your games than ever before and you can download classic games like the original mario bros. What do you guys think?

I think Wii will pwn just because Nintendo is the only one who is actually perfecting their product so it isn't full of bugs *cough*360*cough*, and the only company putting their next-get console out at a sane price *cough*PS3*cough*.

HighMaxOmega
is almost to Epsilon
Inactive
804 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfire
Quote:
Originally posted by corte

I think Wii will pwn just because Nintendo is the only one who is actually perfecting their product so it isn't full of bugs *cough*360*cough*, and the only company putting their next-get console out at a sane price *cough*PS3*cough*.

Add those two comments together, and everything I would've said is already done. *sighs*

Mach Jentra: I heard you were dead.
Zero: You know me - never say 'die.'

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6342 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Honestly, I'm not sure. We have the Wii with all it's hype, the Xbox360 with it's whole year of already being on sale, and the PS3 and it's fanboys. I'm not sure which one will really sell the most units...

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

I think the PS3 will, honestly. Sony already dominates the market so who's to say that they won't continue to do so?

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
I think the PS3 will, honestly. Sony already dominates the market so who's to say that they won't continue to do so?

One word: prices.

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Don't you think though, that it says something about the system that Sony sells it at the price at a loss?

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
Don't you think though, that it says something about the system that Sony sells it at the price at a loss?

They're corporate, coffee-breathed,Blackberry-using, weasel who care?

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Then shouldn't they be selling it for more than it cost to build it? Because they're doing kinda the opposite.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

I know about the price, and I know alot of consumers won't buy it for that reason. But I also hate Sony and think they'll remain ontop of the market.

Lol.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
I know about the price, and I know alot of consumers won't buy it for that reason. But I also hate Sony and think they'll remain ontop of the market.

Lol.

Ever since I had to replace my PS2 i've been the same way Hollow...

What's weird is that since I posted earlier in the topic my PS2 stopped working, Oh wait, it's working, No, I'm sorry for dissing Sony, Please don't kill me...*crash*

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6342 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe

That Blu-Ray drive must be responsible for much of that loss. It's a new technology, so it will take time before it's manufacturing price reaches a decent level.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Ray
Chocobo
Inactive
804 posts

don't know,

don't care, either.

as long as nintendo keeps making more consoles, i'm happy.

Ace Scope
Superstar!
341 posts

I personally believe that the Wii will sell the most(not just because i'm a nintendo fan boy). I believe it will sell the most because the price is fair, and lots of people who like old games but not new ones will get it because they can go and download old games(lolz, 60 year old man spends 249.99 on Wii to play Duck Hunt). Also PS3 is way to much, and only rich celebs will buy it(or little kids who threaten there parents with hot potatoes...)

1271 posts

Well honestly I dont know alot of things can happen but as long as I get one of them im a happy camper.

corte
Superstar!
Inactive
516 posts

Another reason nintendo will pwn, they're the ONLY company that makes game for the WHOLE family to play together or at least for ALL ages. *Thinks of 100-year-old man playing mario bros.* :P

HighMaxOmega
is almost to Epsilon
Inactive
804 posts

And the names!

PlaySation 3 (How original, Sony!)
X-Box 360 (If this is a BOX, why is there the degree measurer for a CIRCLE!?)
Wii (Who DOESN'T love that name?)

Mach Jentra: I heard you were dead.
Zero: You know me - never say 'die.'

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

So, lets say this...

When the last consoles game out, I believe Sony still had the highest priced console, and when it came out we were going "omg, not buying that, thats too much money. I get less cheap console, kthx."

Well, I think most of us bought the PS2, ne? Course with current economics of the world raising, as well as natural prices. Like cokes here went from 1.29 to 1.58.

What's that tell you? You can't keep offering cheap things with the way prices is going. I'll add this, in congress they proposed to raise mininum wage to 7$ an hour. Why? Cause their behind in prices. They've raised prices for consumer items majorly twice within the lasty couple years. Which is due for mininum wage to be raised. As the current minium wage is around 5$. (I think Mega would know more about this particular subject then I.)

So...with that going on, and economics raising, and value increasing.... I believe its fair to say that the prices so far reasonable with our current day and age. Maybe the Wii is cheapest because they used old parts over? Like, parts they used for the N64, but just updated them. Like you would an old videocard and its drivers.

Meh, just my thought.

Edited by Sage on November 3, 2006 at 22:20:34.

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

mr.match
Red Panda
Inactive
760 posts

Quote:

I agree. There are countless people that will shell out the 600 USD for a PS3 just to play MGS4.

To be honest, I don't care about what sells more or the prices. If there's a fun experiance to be had with the consoles, people will buy them. From what I've seen, each console has a LOT of entertainment to offer and most people will end up with all three.

I'm saying that it will break even. I plan on buying a 360 soon and a Wii shortly after. I'll get a PS3 probably after the first price drop simply because I don't have a steady income and I have other things I need money for.

Also, all the names for video game systems and video games always have and always will suck.

I'm older school than you are.

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6342 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by NewWindRider~
While the Wii allows you to download games such as Super Mario 3, the cost is 5 dollars, which while cheap, is purely nostalgic. something that will be played by most, only from time to time, and as of the recent rise of awareness in illegal roms for past systems, I doubt this will have a great impact in their sales.

Recent? NES emulation existed 10 years ago in playable form!

I think that this is viable, and that 5 dollars is a decent price. After all, the NES Classic Series for the GBA sold for 20$ US a piece, and the sale stats were pretty good.

Quote:
The playstation three, now scheduled for release less that two weeks from now, has already won my vote, and I've already taken on a second job to grab it just after the holiday season.

Good luck finding one! Hopefully, they won't be as insane to get as the Xbox 360 was at first.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
-4276 post
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

People were buying three to four XBox 360s just to have one for themselves and to sell the others on Ebay... which is insane, cuz people were actually buying them for around 2- to 3000 dollars.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

God
Not A Feminist
837 posts

Minimum wage in Illinois is $5.75.

But the 20-oz. drinks in this area are now almost $1.50, and the minimum wage is lower then that here!

The Wii is crap. They tried to make a virtual reality system, but did't advertise it as such. Unless you are playing FULL VIRTUAL REALITY, who wants to STAND and play video games? Who wants the control scheme to be so damn sensitive that if you shiver you'll mess up the game?

Video games have controllers.

With buttons.

End of story.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Recent? NES emulation existed 10 years ago in playable form!

He said recent rise in awareness :P.

Edited by God on November 6, 2006 at 22:58:04.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Quote:
Well, I think most of us bought the PS2, ne?

Nope, Cube first. Only got the stupid PS2 for Lament of Freakin Innocence, Gradius V and Contra Shattered Soldier..three mediocre games. Stupid little brother of mine.

Ah well, it redeemed itself with Dragonquest 8 eventually. The only game I considered the console..buyable for. And maybe FF XII..maybe.

Quote:
who wants to STAND and play video games?

People who like DDR, or maybe people who aren't lardasses? People who like arcade machines... Yeah, that whole standing concept really is innovative..not like it was made in 1980 or anything.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Hell, I bought a PS2. Got Devil Kings first off but then I traded that for God of War, which was a pretty good trade. I'm considering FFXII too-real-time combat is a godsend.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
-4276 post
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

I have too many game systems.

Anyways, I don't care who gives what about any of the systems, I'll (try to) get the Wii first, and then make progress towards a PS3. After all, got both the N64 AND PSX, then the GCN AND the PS2... why not the Wii and PS3? There'll be great games for both systems.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

God
Not A Feminist
837 posts

Quote:
People who like DDR, or maybe people who aren't lardasses? People who like arcade machines... Yeah, that whole standing concept really is innovative..not like it was made in 1980 or anything.

DDR is completely different. The entire POINT of the game is dancing, and there ARE some people, who, (for some reason), want to play it WITHOUT the mat... I don't get that.

The Wii system is nothing like the arcade, those still involve regualr controls, and it was entirely stupid of you to even MENTION that.

If you want to make a VR system, it should be adviertised as VR, and be VR.

Otherwise, it should be a regular video game concept of some sort.

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6342 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by God
Video games have controllers.
With buttons.
End of story.

Buttons? You haven't played with a Nintendo DS yet, I take it. That touch screen is working great for several games. I'm sure that Nintendo can have as much success with the Wii.

Quote:
Originally posted by NewWindRider~
And actually, Hollow, arcade machines have been around since the mid to late sisxties at least. So the standing thing was not pioneered in 1980, but when the first pong machine went up.

The first Pong machine was made in 1972, so your "mid to late sisxties" have to be pushed forward a bit. ;)

God
Not A Feminist
837 posts

There are buttons on a Nintendo DS, and the touch screen WAS actually new and innovative, to some extent... but highly looked down upon. The Wii is not just targeting to avid gamers. The systems are mainly going to be sold to normal people, who simply play video games, just like all other major systems have been. Just because avid gamers like the idea of somehting "new," does not mean it will be acceptable to the general public.

A waverider machine is one thing. You get full control. This is just a stupid little 2" piece of plastic.

It's stupid.

The touch screen is still soemthing you TOUCH, just as the pinball games (which also I have heard people highly disliking when talked about in the chat room), where you only use that sensitivity for a minor aspect of the game. The touch screen is the same thing as buttons... unless you're dragging, in which case it's the same thing as a mouse. So it's like both combined into one. And has been used before.

If people want to jump and run around, they would look at things that are designed to do it. Such as those baseball setups they have for kids. Not in-home video games that are not considered VR.