User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Drawing(s)..., ...or something. :"D

Pages: 1

Lifa
Non-Playable Character

Stream: wow, been a long time
Posted on October 2, 2006 at 16:30:20 [Post link]

Umm... Yeah! Finally had some courage to put here "some" not-Megaman-related -stuff - or crap or scribbles whatever I like to call my drawings. :"D

A pic with some characters of Song In Silence -story which has been my and my friend Kasuri's project now a one year. Actually there is Sing In Silence (name actually taken from Sonata Arctica's song) -story before SoIS. This pic is meant to be next Layout for our site.
I know I don't have copyrights of three of those characters ( you can just quess who is mine >X3 ) neither that spear what is Lance of Longinus from NGE.

I think I should tell their names...
That guy with blue hair is named Niem and he's the main character of the story with his quiet and unable to show his feelings -personality. Pink-haired is Nuvem who has a bad habit to smoke and she has stubborn and sarcastic personality. Big man with the spear is Branco, usually calm and cosy but then when he gets angry... ... yeah. Last one sitting behind Branco is Reimche, earnest and seldom laughing, but usually he behaves inconsiderately because of his curiosity.

And I have always had kind of problems with perspective and clothes' wrinkles and drawing other creatures than humans and dogs/wolves.
Maybe I put here more when have more courage to do such thingys.. X"3

Criticism is welcome. o.o/

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on October 2, 2006 at 17:31:45 [Post link]

Pretty bad, though the double helix in the spear is a little awkward looking.

And that thing is DEFINITELY based off of NGE's Lancea Longini weapon, better known as the Lance of Longinus.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on October 2, 2006 at 18:32:35 [Post link]

Some of the angles aren't that good and perspective could've been better, but for the rest, it's not bad! The shading is quite good, but it's not clear where the light is actually coming from. (Though it is a very white picture, yeah...)

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

DreamSword
Shade.EXE

Stream: Embrace the power within you
Posted on October 2, 2006 at 19:33:44 [Post link]

I think it looks nice.

"Made by X-shunin and slash beast"

Rioni Riishu
Superstar!

Stream: "You've got red on you."
Posted on October 2, 2006 at 19:50:21 [Post link]

You did a pretty nice job with the colors! This is cute. ^^ The very first thing I noticed, though, is their faces- they all look the same. I know it's hard, but you should try making each face more of an individual- change the face and eyeshape a bit, stuff like that. Also, as it was mentioned, you don't have a clear lightsource- something it's good to plan out when you're shading.

You're pretty good with the colors, though, so I'll give you some more advanced advice on that; You should try adding subtle hints of another color in the shadows, be it blue or red or green, and then use that color's opposite to highlight.

The basic proportioning needs a little work- they're a bit shapless- for instance, Branco doesn't seem to have an elbow, and none of them have a defineable waist and hips. Nuvem is the only girl, but you can't really tell by her anatomy. Just some little things to work on. Don't get me wrong- I like this. It's very nice, and I have major issues drawing people altogether. ^^ But you welcomed criticism, and I'm the critic, lol.

Keep up the good work- art is something that it can be downright fun to improve on.

-Ri

Lifa
Non-Playable Character

Stream: wow, been a long time
Posted on October 3, 2006 at 8:19:19 [Post link]

The light has been a quite of problem too. And Ri is right, they look the same. I haven't noticed it myself because no-one haven't mentioned it before. o.o
Nuvem is the only girl, yes. But because she is little bit of masculine so that could explain her anatomy.
That advice for colors sounds pretty nice, must experiment it how it works.. X3

Oeh, I thank and bow for you. So great advices and criticism you gave~ ^^/
Must learn of these advices something that the same errors won't repeat. 8D;

Pages: 1

New topic Reply