Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Final Fantasy III, Anyone else got it?

Pages: 1

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on November 17, 2006 at 18:17:33 [Post link]

I just received this little bundle of joy this morning and I've been playing ever since. The intro movie is absolutely gorgeous and the graphics are damn good.

Got it? post what you think about it here.
Don't have it yet? run to nearest game store and buy it :x

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork

Badges: Princess Celestia Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Rin Tezuka Hanako Ikezawa ... and 18 more

NetNavi:
DragonMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 27 [What's this?]
Posted on November 17, 2006 at 20:31:20 [Post link]

I don't plan to get it but the graphics do look pretty damn good. It's like a mini PS1 title.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on November 18, 2006 at 4:49:35 [Post link]

The IGN review seems to indicate that while the game looks and sounds really nice, the gameplay didn't evolve much from the original version, and the battles are way too slow. Random battles that take too much time to get through are one of my grips when it comes to RPGs. I'm curious to hear other people's comments on this game.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Unknown

Posted on November 18, 2006 at 12:18:26 [Post link]

Post redacted

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Posted on November 18, 2006 at 17:59:19 [Post link]

Compared to other FF games, there aren't that many random battles, I encountered like...3 enemies total on the world map so far, and I played for a few hours already. The only thing that kinda bugs me is the old school magic system. I prefer the MP system over the old school one. Other than that, being able to equip two weapons on the same character right off the bat is pretty cool :)

God
Not A Feminist

Stream: BREAKING NEWS!: Snape kills Dumbledore.
Posted on November 18, 2006 at 22:33:17 [Post link]

Hm, the original (NES) FF games had TOO MANY encounters for me... was like you couldn't get anywhere.

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on November 19, 2006 at 0:47:50 [Post link]

Actually, this one's for the DS, God.

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Ray
Chocobo

Stream: Can i kill you?
Posted on November 19, 2006 at 17:40:17 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuppahiko
I'll plan to buy it when it comes to Europe, it isn't on my most-wanted list and I really can't stand random battles, especially if they're slow as IGN says. :(

Besides, Twilight Princess is released next month and I'm sure that keeps me occupied for a long time, so yeah.

alsost my exact words

ill wait for the European launch and play LoZ TP and Wii Sports next month and Tales of Phantasia when it arrives, I ordered it at Nintendo. will come in up to 4 weeks o_0 due to the high amount of orders.
In the last week i'll start complaining and one day before the 4th week expires, it arrives.

PsychoGiga
Village Idiot

Stream: Squeek squeekety squeek, squeeken.
Posted on November 21, 2006 at 5:12:00 [Post link]

I've been playing it a lot and have about 6-7 hours put in. The graphics and music are awesome, and the fights aren't THAT frequent, and they take no longer than any FF game for the PS1/PS2. I'v enjoyed it, it doesn't have some awesome memorable make you wanna pee your pants it's so good plot, but it's a remake of an NES game... They did add too it, so it is better, though. I have no complaints about it.

A nice little tidbit that I learned from the lamefaqs message board; Jobs are leveled up by the choices you make in battle, like, if you choose to gaurd a whole bunch(carrying out the command fully) you'll get JP(if ya wanna call it that) for it. I read that you have to choose about 1000 commands and you'll get to like level 99 for the job.

Could someone explain the mognet and Wifi stuff for this game to me?

"A closed mouth gathers no foot" -This is a fact of life, and I don't know who said it.

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Posted on November 21, 2006 at 14:11:51 [Post link]

Mognet was introduced in FFIX, it was a sidequest to deliver mail to different moogles in the game. I'm not too sure what it actually does in FFIII, but you can send letters to NPCs and other players via wireless and Wi-Fi. I don't really get the point, but I'll test the whole thing on friday.

Quote:
Originally posted by PsychoGiga
A nice little tidbit that I learned from the lamefaqs message board; Jobs are leveled up by the choices you make in battle, like, if you choose to gaurd a whole bunch(carrying out the command fully) you'll get JP(if ya wanna call it that) for it. I read that you have to choose about 1000 commands and you'll get to like level 99 for the job.

Interesting to know, I thought it was like in FFV where you got JP depending on your exp. Also explains why job lvls up so fast.

On another note. One thing that annoys me, you can't check which classes a weapon can be handled by. In FFV, you could do that by selecting the weapon/armor in the items screen, but you can't do that in FFIII.

Edited by SPT Layzner on November 21, 2006 at 9:12:37.

PsychoGiga
Village Idiot

Posted on November 21, 2006 at 14:57:19 [Post link]

Well, if you check the instruction manual and look at the list of classes it'll tell you what weapons they can use. Armor I'm not so sure about.

Oh, and one thing that I found out they changed about the NA version with the job leveling. I tested this out for myself, it only takes about 10 times gaurding in a battle to level up my level 25 warrior. In the Japanese version, you could keep going beyond the point which would level it up, and everything you do would carry over to the next battle, so doing it 1000 times would net you a job level up every battle afterward. In the NA version, they took that out, everything you do after you reach the point that it will level up is trashed after you win the battle. So nothing carries over, so what I've been doing is gaurding about 10 times in a battle, winning it, and repeating. Everytime I finish a battle I level everyone's job up.

Yeah, so. Maybe I should fiddle around with mognet.

Oh, and does anyone know if there's anything special to be done with the piano in Ur?

"A closed mouth gathers no foot" -This is a fact of life, and I don't know who said it.

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.

Ace Scope
Superstar!

Posted on December 31, 2006 at 17:37:43 [Post link]

My little bro bought it the other day but doesn't like it all that much, so I basically own it know. I'm not very far at all though :(

God
Not A Feminist

Posted on January 7, 2007 at 22:14:56 [Post link]

I'm not THAT dumb, Sage.

But I know this is the version that was never released in America... don't know which set it came from, though. I know it can't be regular NES, but he said "caompared to other FF games"... don't know if he was talking about all of them or just that set, or if the set FFIII comes from has approximately the same amount of random battles as other sets or not. NES is the only FF I ever had the chance to play.

HA! Remake of an NES game... but GI was talking about classes and such, and with all the stuff they put into it I couldn't see how it could have come from an NES version... so what was that about DS again? That would be the comparison...

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on January 8, 2007 at 6:30:44 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by God
HA! Remake of an NES game... but GI was talking about classes and such, and with all the stuff they put into it I couldn't see how it could have come from an NES version... so what was that about DS again? That would be the comparison...

Believe it or not, but those NES carts could hold a lot of information if you knew how to manage it. The Final Fantasy III spoken about here is a DS title, a remake of a NES game. It featured the original version of the job system later seen in other games, along with some other neat features.

On a side note, I can't be the only one annoyed on how the media seems stuck on writing "FINAL FANTASY III" in all caps all the time. What's up with that? It's not because the original company writes it that way that everyone has to follow suit!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

God
Not A Feminist

Posted on January 12, 2007 at 19:19:29 [Post link]

lol. Well if the company wirtes it that way I would too. Because then, technically, the title of the game IS in all caps... it would be like omitting the exclmation point form the movie Saved!.

Kutobuki
Captain of The Plaid Ninjas

Stream: I'm a Pirate
Posted on January 15, 2007 at 5:00:09 [Post link]

Heh, I wish I had it :hehe:

Image Quick! Do a Barrel Roll!

PsychoGiga
Village Idiot

Posted on February 22, 2007 at 22:47:06 [Post link]

Ok, uhh, I know this topic is dead, but I do have a reason to revive it. I need friend codes! I'm trying to do the whole master smith thing, but I have to be able to mail people, so if anyone could help me by giving a friend code and adding mine, that would be great.

My code is

Darume
Yatah!

Posted on April 9, 2007 at 16:36:57 [Post link]

O.o I really want this game. I cant find it at any store i go to. Its like finding Pheonix Wright in a shopping mall.( My mall had no copies.....)I love final fantasy as much as i love to play pokemon games. The graphics look really good, but how is the game play? Is it just the same as before?

"L, Did you know death gods love apples?"-Kira

"Matore-Gaththium-traco!"

Unknown

Posted on April 9, 2007 at 21:20:36 [Post link]

Post redacted

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 10, 2007 at 3:07:05 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuppahiko
It's a traditional Final Fantasy game, turn-based, slow battles, level grinding etc.

Besides, it's remake of Final Fantasy III for NES, not Final Fantasy III for SNES. (Final Fantasy III for SNES is really Final Fantasy VI.)

I tried the NES (or if you're a Japanophile, Famicom) version of the game. I remember playing until it I hit

Spoiler (highlight to read):
that crappy dungeon where you have to mini yourself to go on and then get raped by that boss there.

Item space was way too limited and all that class-change-yay-now-grind-more made me stop playing it altogether. I'll try the remake when I get my hands on it, so you all can keep your torches away from me... for now.

I was tempted to stop right there, but kept going regardless. I really have to get into again though, haven't played in months :/

Pages: 1

New topic Reply