User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Posting your online games IDs easily, Looking for some feedback

Pages: 1

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on March 8, 2007 at 19:50:20 [Post link]

Some of you probably noticed the latest element I added to my signature a few days ago. That little banner rotates between displaying my friend's codes for online DS games, and my Xfire username. You can also click on it in order to view all of my available codes at once, along with my normal gaming schedule. I wanted a quick way to display all of that info along with an easy mean to find it back myself (without having to power up the individual games), so I put this together.

Everything that you see, from the animated banner to the external file page, is automatically generated. I'm wondering if this is something that other people besides myself would be interested in. The basic idea works as such: you would register, select the games you play online from an already available list, and add your various codes. Once that's done, you'd be free to post your custom version of the animated banner, along to a link to your file, on any message board or website that you want to reach people through. You get the immediate advantage of not cross-posting that information on several places, along with updating all of them whenever you get a new title.

The system to built to be extended and support any game or communication system that involves sharing usernames or identification codes. It can be any Nintendo DS online game, Wii console codes, Xbox gamercards, ... The end result is that you gather all of your information in the same place, along with a description of your gaming schedule so that people know when they can hope to catch you online.

If you play online games that have specific identification codes attached to them, would you use such a system? If so, what features would you expect? Otherwise, why not?

I haven't decided yet if I'll move on with this project, so I highly value your feedback. Thanks!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork

Badges: Princess Celestia Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Rin Tezuka Hanako Ikezawa ... and 18 more

NetNavi:
DragonMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 27 [What's this?]
Posted on March 8, 2007 at 21:09:12 [Post link]

I think it'd be really handy. With one glance or click, you can get an instant notice of a certain code for someone.

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on March 9, 2007 at 5:21:24 [Post link]

It sounds like a really great idea. I'd most likely use it if I played online. I don't have any idea right now, but I'll post them as I think of them.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on March 9, 2007 at 5:26:36 [Post link]

With Diamond and Pearl coming out, as well as the numerous Online Games I have in my collection, I would say that I would be very interested in this idea.

Edited by Teej on March 8, 2007 at 21:27:10.

Nayus Dante
Superstar!

Posted on April 5, 2007 at 1:15:11 [Post link]

I never have anybody to play DS with. I've got Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Metroid, Tetris, Star Fox, and quite a few single player. Got Diamond and Pearl on reserve, heh.

Unknown

Posted on April 5, 2007 at 12:59:59 [Post link]

Post redacted

God
Not A Feminist

Stream: BREAKING NEWS!: Snape kills Dumbledore.
Posted on February 4, 2008 at 10:37:13 [Post link]

Makes sense, they already have stuff sorta like this for MySpace/Facebook/IM/LJ etc. names, except it generates a table instead of a rotator (which is problematic in the fact that you have to repost it anywhere - and that they rarely include all of the most popular ones). But yeah this sounds great.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply