Interordi Menu
⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!
Inactive
1397 posts

Not a bad idea in my book.

But that last thing you said? Heh, I think you might be surprised...XD

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6346 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

This is something that I've considered for a long time, but never quite got around to do. In fact, I originally planned some RPG features for IOBoard v1.1, but I cut it from the update so that I could focus on more important stuff. As you might guess, this would be a pretty large undertaking since I can't simply take the code from somewhere else: everything has to be done from scratch.

At this point, as neat as this would be, I want to focus on some other site-related projects first. With IOekaki v1.6 out of the way, I'm in a good position to move forward so I don't want to lose this opportunity by getting sidetracked. It's on my list of possibilities... It just happens to be quite low at this time.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Now, I don't want to break any rules here by linking to the site of which I shall speak, but I do recall a certain Rom forum actually having a working battle system in place.

The only issue is that posting helped the user gain sort of an edge in the battles, which, as you might have guessed, possibly encourages spamming.

If you would like, I could PM you the name of the forum, just as an idea of how a system could possibly work. Granted, IOBoard's code might not be compatible.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6346 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by NewWindRider~
Dc, seriously, you need to make a paypal donation bucket so people can drop a dollar or two in here and there, and then, if nothing else, you could outsource the job of creating said neat game. I'd contribute some cash now that I have a job that actually allows extra money. I'm sure a few others would too.

And you could even make it so that like... "People who contribute 5 dollars or more get such and such item" Woo! A BAZOOKA THAT SHOOTS NINJA SWORDS! I'LL TAKE 50!

Surprisingly enough, you hit the core of the problem with your post: time. It's not that I lack the ressources, the abilities, the will or the ideas to do stuff. It simply goes down to the fact that I can't do everything at once. :) That's why I've been forcing myself lately to focus on a few specific projects instead of spreading myself too thin over several things.

As for the donation mention, while the idea showed up once in a while, I doubt that it would really catch on. Heck, the last time I remember somebody mentionning it openly goes back to early 2004 according to the board's archives. Of course, some people who never talk about it would probably contribute upon seeing the donation logo, but still... I'm not convinced. :) Thanks for the thought, in any case, it's appreciated.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!
Inactive
1397 posts

VIVA LA REVOLUTION.

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6346 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

This is starting to sound less like a suggestion and more like a bribe... :lol:

The problem from there is to find a programmer which code I wouldn't have the urge to look over to change half of it in order to fit my own programming style. ;)

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Wind. Wind seriously.

This place seems civil enough to not go nuts if someone lost? Are you crazy? Do I need to name names?

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

I think the population of IO can respect the hard, cold mathematics of an RPG game. :)