Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Advance Wars: Day of Ruin, Any one else getting this?

Pages: 1

Ace Scope
Superstar!

Posted on January 20, 2008 at 5:18:07 [Post link]

Advance Wars: Day of Ruin is the next game in the Advance wars series of turn based strategy games for the Nintendo DS. Day of Ruin takes a much darker theme than the previous bright and cheery advance wars though, with an apocalyptic meteor storm decimating the earth, and the survivors fighting to control what's left, it's much darker than the fight between the Orange Sun army and the Black Hole.

I personally can't wait to get the game, which has online battles with friends and random people. You can also make your own maps, and if I read the gamespot arcticle correctly, share them with friends locally, and over Nintendo Wi-Fi connection. I'm planning on picking this up January 21st, the day of it's release.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on January 20, 2008 at 5:32:43 [Post link]

The storyline looks kinda interesting, but I'll pass. As far as strategy games on the DS go, I've been tempted by Panzer Tactics DS lately... I've played a bit of the old Panzer General on the PC, and it was really neat. I'm hoping to get a similar experience in that new game.

Edited by Dr. Cossack on January 20, 2008 at 21:34:27.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on January 20, 2008 at 23:26:45 [Post link]

You know, I would, but there's games that have higher priority... (Simpson's, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Apollo Justice, Harvey Birdman)

As I recall the last one I deemed simplistic with the rock, paper, scissors, dealio.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on January 28, 2008 at 21:31:51 [Post link]

Got my copy and it's pretty cool. Haven't played any of the Advance Wars game before this one.

Slash Beast
Irken Invader

Stream: ............
Posted on February 17, 2008 at 8:21:16 [Post link]

This game was great, I waited too long for this to come out.
DoR changes the game but it just takes getting used to. After that if you go back to Dual Strike everything looks funny.

The story was good too but the Final Mission might have been a bit too hard especially for people who haven't played AW.

The only thing that I don't like is they took off the War Room & they didn't really bother to make new maps for vs (or free battle now) they just used the same ones from AW:DS, but on the plus side you can store up to 50 Design maps.

Also bad that there are only 12 CO's when they could have easily made it into 16 by adding some people who are already in the story & fight. (The Beast, Cyrus, The Worm Fanatic, & Davis).

ImageImageImage

Pages: 1

New topic Reply