Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

http://weeklygamejournal.blogspot.com/2008/04/famitsu-411.html

http://www.court-records.net/scan/gyakutenkenji.jpg

A law adventure game where you act as the prosecutor.
* Main characters are Miles Edgeworth, Dick Gumshoe
* You control Edgeworth, searching for overlooked evidence and inconsistencies at the crime scene.
* New search and deduction systems are introduced.

lolwut

Evitron
Pronounced Ee-vih-trahn
Inactive
650 posts

I am unsure...is this an April Fool's joke or something? 'Cause it looks like it.

Although, it does seem to be a bit of a natural step for the series. When you're done being a defense attorney, what do you do? You become a prosecutor.

I'm looking forward to more info.

EDIT: Never mind, definitely not an April Fool's joke.

Edited by Evitron on April 9, 2008 at 22:36:48.

Or, the poster formerly known as Pri- I mean, rockmaniskool.

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!
Inactive
1397 posts

The screens make it look like you actually have an avatar you get to move around!

DO WANT. PLZ TRANSLATE CAPCOM

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

WANT!

Apollo was lame. Let's return things to the good characters, like Worthy.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Become Dr. Cossack's waifu
Acquired on 20 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dranzer.exe
WANT!

SHUT YOUR MOUTH, CRETIN! >:[

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
-4276 post
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

[quote]Originally posted by Teej

Quote:
WANT!

[/quote]

*shoots a tranq into Teej* Down, boy.

So... is anything known on where this game falls on the Ace Attorney timeline?

Edited by RisingDragon on April 11, 2008 at 22:51:41.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

Supposedly, this will take palce sometime between 1-2 and 1-3 (As in, the second and third cases for the first games)

AKA no character development, and he will be Jerkworth. D:

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
-4276 post
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

Isn't that the beauty of playing as Edgeworth, though?

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

lol, funny enough, the site I got the info off of just updated. >__> It's apparently taking place during Trials and Tribulations, so he'll be less of a complete jerk.

Something I found interesting: Supposedly the developers put alot of effort into the running sprites. They have a planned earthquake in the build for example, so they plan to remove Edgeworth's normal running animation and replace it with a nervous jog, among other things depending on the situation.

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6342 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

So it will have more animation than a traditional Phoenix Wright game. Good! I was kinda afraid that, since the main line of games uses some limited animation (relying instead on screen shaking, flashing, and so on), that we might get some really jerky movements.

I'm surprised that Capcom is going with Miles Edgeworth & friends: usually, when they do away with a bunch of characters to replace them with a new cast, they quickly sweep the older characters under the rug. I don't mind this change at all, though: it's good to know that they're able to move back and forth between in-game eras.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

[quote]Originally posted by Teej

Quote:
WANT!

[/quote]
Give me 5 reasons why Apollo is better than Phoenix, Teej. Then i'll give you the five why Apollo SUCKS.

Seriously, Phoenix is just plain an overall better built character, Apollo's existence is just plain too contrived, not to mention all they tried to do was dress up a phoenix like character to be more rookie-ish like Phoenix in the first game. Essentially, Apollo was just an cheap cash-in imitation of Phoenix just so Capcom could make money. The only reason the true fans bought it was to find out what happened to Phoenix, not to see some dazzling new hero. If you think that was me making a shot at you being a true fan, then let me assure you that it was.

Sorry to those who may interpet that as a flame or trolling.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

Did you say "Phoenix" or "Worthy"? I <3 Phoenix, but Edgeworth is a typical emo-turn-hero-who-is-nothing-more-than-fangirl-bait.

I know your going to disagree, but the point stands that he was put into the game on the notion that they needed the cliche fangirl-magnet "villian." Granted, the same can be applied to Klavier (To a lesser degree, however...I mean, breaking the mold and actually being on good terms with Apollo and Trucy is probably a big turn off to many, of course) but, in my point of view, they tried to hard to make him a likable character.

"Onoez tragic past :("
"I UNDEFEETED, ARG"
"Oh my god, I wear pink and am awesome. Make yaoi fanart plz."
"I am comiiink to save the daaaaaaaaaaaaay after faking death for a yeaaaaaaar"

Every. Cliche. Imaginable. -_-

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

But he's not just cliches. Even if he is 'emo' he's a jerk emo, which I haven't seen yet, have you? Much less he doesn't wear pink...>_<

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

Quote:
But he's not just cliches. Even if he is 'emo' he's a jerk emo, which I haven't seen yet, have you? Much less he doesn't wear pink...>_<

1: Neku actually, lol.

2: Would you prefer the term "magenta?"

Evitron
Pronounced Ee-vih-trahn
Inactive
650 posts

Quote:

Seriously, Phoenix is just plain an overall better built character, Apollo's existence is just plain too contrived, not to mention all they tried to do was dress up a phoenix like character to be more rookie-ish like Phoenix in the first game. Essentially, Apollo was just an cheap cash-in imitation of Phoenix just so Capcom could make money. The only reason the true fans bought it was to find out what happened to Phoenix, not to see some dazzling new hero. If you think that was me making a shot at you being a true fan, then let me assure you that it was.

I haven't even completed the game and I know this to be true. I mean, I think Apollo is an okay character, but he's constantly overshadowed by Phoenix's presence.

I mean, even in the first case, Phoenix is pulling the stops for the last bits. You hardly have to lift a finger.

Or, the poster formerly known as Pri- I mean, rockmaniskool.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Evitron
Quote:

I haven't even completed the game and I know this to be true. I mean, I think Apollo is an okay character, but he's constantly overshadowed by Phoenix's presence.

I mean, even in the first case, Phoenix is pulling the stops for the last bits. You hardly have to lift a finger.

Which is why I hated Phoenix in AJ: AA. I really liked his new character, yes, but the fact that whenever Apollo attempts to do something totally awesome, Phoenix or even Klavier does it for him.

Something that should be fixed for AJ2.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Teej
Quote:
Quote:

Which is why I hated Phoenix in AJ: AA. I really liked his new character, yes, but the fact that whenever Apollo attempts to do something totally awesome, Phoenix or even Klavier does it for him.

You obviously hang out on the court records forums. It's the only way I could see you whining about that. It's not that Apollo is good, Phoenix did what Apollo COULDN'T...

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Teej
Quote:
Quote:

You obviously hang out on the court records forums. It's the only way I could see you whining about that. It's not that Apollo is good, Phoenix did what Apollo COULDN'T...

Court Records=???

Also, the only thing I give credit to Phoenix for was forging the bloodied card in the first case, and the MASON system. Everything Apollo easily could have done with a slightly more "Out of the Box" state of mind. The problem with Apollo is that he's virtually overshadowed by EVERYONE, despite what he does. Apollo is a great defense attorney by the end of the game (Pinning an open and closed case on someone who ahd no impact on them for 7 years? gg Apollo) and deserves more credit then what he's getting.

He'll, I'd be satisfied if Phoenix ended up being the victim in case 5-4/ 5-5. Perfect way to end the Phoenix arc, IMO.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

..oh my god I agree with TJ.

But this just could be because I FUCKING HATE EDGEWORTH.

Gumshoe is awesome, though. And I don't see what's so wrong with Apollo. Tsk tsk kids hating the new guy just cause he's not the old guy

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

I <3 Apollo. XP

But, holy crap, an Edgeworth game? DX (As in, I didn't think that'd happen, really.)

Edited by Kia_Purity on May 3, 2008 at 2:58:13.

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

It was like when there were talks of a Megaman Axl series...but Edgeworth's a much better character.