Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Middle school teacher fired for Wizardry., 12 May 2008 UnNews

Pages: 1

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on May 13, 2008 at 5:24:35 [Post link]

Land O'Lakes, FL (UNN) - A local substitute teacher was terminated from his post here after being accused of performing "wizardry."

According to Jim Piculas, a substitute teacher at Charles S. Rushe Middle School in Pasco County, he was removed from his post last January, with officials bearing their accusations on an "avada kedavra" spell he allegedly cast in front of his students a week before...

"She said, 'You've been accused of wizardry,'" the UPI quoted Piculas, recalling the words of the school district's Pat Sinclair, who terminated him over the phone.

Piculas, both amused and frustrated, explained to Sinclair that the spell was merely pest control, and that no children were harmed.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said, according to the Tampa Tribune. "It's not like anyone got hurt. It's just a cockroach."

The trick included a wand accompanied by hand maneuver that made the creature momentarily begin to contort, emit a high pitched shriek, then collapse lifeless on the floor, when it was dead. The entire episode lasted less than 5 seconds.

Renalia DuBose, assistant superintendent, said that the accusation was merely one of many factors that led to Piculas' termination. Other incidents involved him diverting from the lesson plan, allowing students the use of computers despite the disapproval of the regular teacher, and transmuting a fifth-grader into a ferret.

Piculas refuted the accusations, saying that he followed the lesson plan, the computers were used with permission of the teacher, and that the fifth-grade student deserved it.

He also accused DuBose of being a skirt and a "muggle."

Quote:
Honestly, they're such incompetent fools.

Jim Piculas, busy at his wizarding station.

Sources

Edited by Mega X.exe on May 13, 2008 at 6:25:23.

Edited by Mega X.exe on May 13, 2008 at 6:26:15.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on May 13, 2008 at 16:56:34 [Post link]

I still have a hard time believing any "news posts" you post here...

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on May 13, 2008 at 22:27:00 [Post link]

Should I have heralded my return with an actual news post?

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on May 16, 2008 at 4:40:52 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
Should I have heralded my return with an actual news post?

If that was done, it'd be a shock, and I don't mean the "omg" kind of shock. :lol:

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here

Posted on May 18, 2008 at 0:17:21 [Post link]

...the sad part is that if it weren't for the picture, the accusation regarding the ferret and the fact that the spell worked, this might actually have been believable :-/

Smirnoff
Superstar!

Stream: Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
Posted on May 21, 2008 at 3:05:01 [Post link]

Eh, I honestly expected Mega to post something along the lines of a fictional epidemic of a mysterious disease hailing from the Norweigan fjords.

God
Not A Feminist

Stream: BREAKING NEWS!: Snape kills Dumbledore.
Posted on June 20, 2008 at 22:58:25 [Post link]

Jesus Christ when I read the title to this I thought it was real...

Pages: 1

New topic Reply