New topic Reply

Topic: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Pages: 1

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on May 21, 2008 at 5:10:19 [Post link]

The 22nd. Don't miss this.

Indiana Jones has always been THE main example when it came to action heroes. Even after his 19 year hiatus as Indy, Ford seems to be more than up to his action-oriented role, despite his age, and this movie looks to be fantastic.

Then again, I grew up with Indiana Jones so :F

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on May 22, 2008 at 0:59:47 [Post link]

I'll probably go see that one in the coming weeks. I'm not the biggest Indiana Jones fan, but this should be entertaining anyway. :)

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on May 22, 2008 at 1:56:47 [Post link]

There's a number of movies I'd like to go see, Geriatric Jones being one of them. A shame I can't afford it.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
Cookie.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on May 22, 2008 at 17:46:11 [Post link]

I loved the first two movies. The third one I could take or leave it. I sure hope this movie is good, although I don't have high expectations for it. An old man Indie is pushing it...

I'm probably going to go watch this and Prince Caspian on the 27th. ^^

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on May 22, 2008 at 23:58:45 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman
I loved the first two movies. The third one I could take or leave it. I sure hope this movie is good, although I don't have high expectations for it. An old man Indie is pushing it...

I'm probably going to go watch this and Prince Caspian on the 27th. ^^

People, critics, reviewers, etc are saying it's the second best film, only trumped by the original.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on May 23, 2008 at 1:20:28 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Teej
People, critics, reviewers, etc are saying it's the second best film, only trumped by the original.

The only one I don't remember seeing. Fun. :)

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on May 24, 2008 at 1:55:52 [Post link]

Saw it yesterday afternoon. Overall I was pleased with the movie, though I did think the last little bit of the movie wasn't the strongest. Up until then though the movie was certainly very enjoyable and although the action was pretty ridiculous at times (Mutt fighting on the vehicles in the amazon, anyone?) that's kinda just the standard of action movies these days. Not the best but certainly an enjoyable movie. Personally I hated the new Star Wars movies and was scared when they were going to make a new Indiana Jones movie (a series I preffered) but my fears were for naught. It didn't hurt my opinion of the series at all.

Spoiler (highlight to read):

I'll admit at first, the presence of aliens actually did bother me but after some thought, it wasn't that big of a deal. If there could be the ark in Raiders, magic in Temple and the Holy Grail in Lost Crusade, why not aliens?

Blazen
Vv

Stream: Fighting is reeeeeaaaaally not my thing.
Posted on May 25, 2008 at 22:10:18 [Post link]

I saw it Friday and it wasn't what I expected. There wasn't enough 'adventure' that I expected to see, or maybe I expected too much. I'm going to be honest and say I've never really seen an Indiana Jones movie, never got around to it. But it wasn't enough you know...'adventure' too much sci-fi for me.

Maybe it would have been better if I've seen the others.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on May 26, 2008 at 0:30:36 [Post link]

Yeah, I went and saw it with Iron Man yesterday. I honestly liked it. I wouldn't say it's better than Temple of Doom or Last Crusade, but it wasn't terrible. I must admit though my hatred of Shia LaBeouf grew even higher by the time I was walking out.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Smirnoff
Superstar!

Stream: Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
Posted on May 30, 2008 at 1:47:13 [Post link]

I thought it was a good film, though I was saddened that there was not a single melting communist's face to be found.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on May 30, 2008 at 6:46:41 [Post link]

...they save all the melting for the nazis

Hao
Fear Factory

Stream: Christmas Cheer
Posted on June 19, 2008 at 5:58:46 [Post link]

A lot of my friends who have seen the movie hated it. They felt there were a couple of good moments and a couple of unnecessary scenes that ruined the movie for them. I've never even seen the first 3 so Indiana Jones 4 didn't interest me. The trailer didn't catch my interest either. But man when it came out, it sent killed us! 8 250-700 seat theaters sold out! Of course right after that, it didn't do as well... But Box Office was easy since 80% of the people bought tickets online or used the machine. Though, it sucked for anyone to do Ticket Drop or Concession or even clean up after those theaters. We were busy for Indiana 4 but Sex and the City actually sold out even more on opening weekend. That was insane. 12 theaters and 12 shows in a row sold out. Yeah, it's not fun working in a big movie theater.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply