Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Dead Board?, Is this place going under?

Pages: 1

Mystic
Superstar!

Posted on January 2, 2009 at 21:39:44 [Post link]

Hey guys. I havent been on in a LOOOOOONG time... but I came to see what's going on... and The last comment was about a week ago. I still see that in a couple of topics in the Megaman Zero/ ZX series forum... I have the last post. Creepy. Well, enjoy. :)

Wow... its been so long since ive been on here... 04.07.2010

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
Cookie.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on January 2, 2009 at 22:02:50 [Post link]

I haven't posted because, well, work for one. Two, I've been sick. And three, there hasn't been anything I want to post in... yet. ^^;

Oh yea, happy New Year everyone. XP

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on January 2, 2009 at 22:10:28 [Post link]

The last post was only done about two days ago, not a whole week. :P Besides, some people are probably away for the holidays, so it doesn't surprise me to see fewer people around.

Besides, maybe if Capcom gave us some sort of news about Mega Man, more people would drop by often. It feels like nothing has been going on after the Mega Man 9 craze died down...

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

MaceMan
Knight

Stream: zzzzzt!
Posted on January 3, 2009 at 5:11:22 [Post link]

Happy New Year.

And yeah, even by the usual standards of this board lately there hasn't been much said in a while. I keep checking for anything interesting, but there's just so little to talk about, it seemms.

Nothing is foolproof to a truly talented fool.

Sorry, MegaMan, but it looks like you
might be stuck up there for a little while more... Actually... at this rate... you may NEVER come down!!! *sob*

Packard
Was ist das?

Stream: For Worse....Even Nobody Disses Zelda...
Posted on January 4, 2009 at 2:17:28 [Post link]

Happy New Year folks! Funny to see that this board has been quiet, considering that it's been pretty active the last few times I dropped by. But with the yearend vacation, it wouldn't surprise me since everyone's got plans ( unless you go no where to go and are bored to death :P ). Well, I hope to see you guys around soon.

The capitalism of my thoughts................... Nostalgia, anyone!? Ah, never mind.......You're better off not knowing.

Fred the met
Jedi Master

Stream: Blargh.
Posted on January 4, 2009 at 15:09:52 [Post link]

Back when I was around, things were always busy. Back when the Zero series was the cool new thing that everyone was wondering about.
Now? Well, not quite so much. The ZX series is entirely unappealing to me (despite never even playing it) and that's about the only new thing coming out other than Megaman 9 (which actually does look VERY awesome).
It seems like they totally killed the X series since 6 (Never played 7 or 8 if 8 exists) and the Zero series? Lost track of that after 2. How about the Battle Network series? I actually never beat 2.

In short: The only cool Megaman game any more is Megaman 9. Everything else is just "bluh" and I can be a pretty good representation of a lot of the fanbase since the X and Zero series lost its charm.

So I'm not going to have anything spectacular in my signature.

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Level: 69 [What's this?]
Posted on January 4, 2009 at 16:51:31 [Post link]

Well, we could talk about rumors, but that's kind of a stretch.

axl z
Gundamn

Stream: Im not fireing my lazer.......
Posted on January 4, 2009 at 21:48:34 [Post link]

Well there have been stufff to talk about its just that no body wants to talk about them.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on January 5, 2009 at 3:27:48 [Post link]

The mere fact that Packard and Fred post back-to-back proves that people are still around. All we need is something to talk about. :)

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on January 5, 2009 at 4:41:02 [Post link]

Yeah. I think alot of message boards run into this problem. There's tons of things we could talk about probably that nobody seems to want to talk about. I always find it funny when people say a board is dead yet aren't trying to add any new discussion besides that.

I'm busy alot these days and video games don't fit into my financial planning like they used to. Miss being a kid. :lol:

Packard
Was ist das?

Stream: For Worse....Even Nobody Disses Zelda...
Posted on January 6, 2009 at 14:24:03 [Post link]

Speaking of vgs, I've lost a great deal of interest in them lately. Nowadays, I only buy and play 3 to 5 games a year. The last game I bought was the Summonnight 2 port for the DS, which was back in August. Of course I still haven't beaten it yet. I'm looking into getting the latest Castlevania game for the DS, which'll probably be around this spring break, considering my sluggish rate at beating vgs.
Sorry to bring up the topic here guys :P

So anyone interested in the Summonnight series?

The capitalism of my thoughts................... Nostalgia, anyone!? Ah, never mind.......You're better off not knowing.

Tri-Edge
Bobo

Stream: Your FACE!!!

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on January 6, 2009 at 21:05:58 [Post link]

I really doubt this board is dead, there are too many people who love this place and would like to stay here :D I am one of those. Also to respond to Fred's post about cool Megaman vs uncool.

I must say I have to disagree with ya on that one, I like all of the MegaMan Series equally as well :D Now as for individual games themselves...like picking out a couple or so in a series in particular....I'd have to say the 3D MM X games aren't that great D: but I do love all of the series.

You know..it's as if Capcom got sick of people talking about whether or not there was a MM 9 or what not since there was 8 and then MM & Bass and also the X series as we all know that they decided to MAKE MM 9 to stop that talk lol...

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"
.... .hack//kyat....we miss you dearly

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on January 7, 2009 at 3:28:08 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Packard
So anyone interested in the Summonnight series?

I've never heard about that one before. Reading quickly through a review doesn't seem to give me much information either...

With that said, it's nice to see you posting more than once a year. ;)

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on January 7, 2009 at 9:32:28 [Post link]

This thread is its own doctor: heart rate and blood pressure are slightly below, but otherwise fine.

We should have more of these threads if that makes lurkers and old members post. :P

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

God
Not A Feminist

Stream: BREAKING NEWS!: Snape kills Dumbledore.
Posted on January 19, 2009 at 9:58:11 [Post link]

Yes, the baord is dead, it's been dead for about two years now, but, somebody still makes a new topic about once a month.

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Stream: Are you sure you wanna know
Posted on January 19, 2009 at 22:22:11 [Post link]

I... Personally... will not let these forums die off.

What we need is a weekly topic discussion.

No Problem... ;)

Their coming to take me away, hee hee haw haw hoo hoo
----------------------
You cannot kill what you did not create

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on January 23, 2009 at 7:09:44 [Post link]

The board is only semi-dead, but that can't really be blamed on the userbase that this forum has.

Mainly it's just because no one knows what to talk about, and theirs no new Megaman game coming out, so that's kinda a let down around this community. Sure the "Other Games" section is getting attention, but the rest is kinda going downhill.

I am glad to see a few friendly faces from the people back when the RPG board was around. (Hiya Fred!)

I say if you want to give activity you need to produce activity yourself, so...I know theirs a lot of new games coming out like Diablo 3, Starcraft II, Battlefield 3, etc. The technology department has some new things coming out too in terms of Windows and Linux and of course, even Google has some competition being thrown out there.

Just need some inspiration I suppose!

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

God
Not A Feminist

Posted on January 24, 2009 at 1:12:09 [Post link]

It's not true that it can't be blamed on the users, unless it's because you are blaming MySpace instead (which, unfortunately, has contributed to the decrease of people using regular (i.e. not "Tech Support" etc.) message boards in general. Many of the discussions on this board have been in Chit-Chat, Other Games, or even Fan Art, and also have be3en about strategies and whatnot for Mega Man games regardless of the time of it's release. This is a good thing, instead of where at most boards if you make as topic about how "XXXX is the coolest game evar!!," but it came out only 1 year ago, you will be called stupid and your topic will get no attention. Well... a topic like that should get not much attention anyway, but at many board the topics are made where it's one game per topic with nothing specific said. In any case, the release time of a particular game, or lack thereof, should have little to do with user discussions on a board, even one revolving around said game.

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Posted on January 26, 2009 at 9:41:25 [Post link]

One of the greater purposes of creating a new topic is to find out, what do people want to talk about.

I've been a veteran to these forums for approximately 10 years, I mainly come this particular forum because it was the very first forum I joined. It has a certain spot in heart due to that, and I thank the Doc for not giving up on these forums or his site at that.

It's still good to see a few MM fan-based sites, that are still farely active for being a decade old.

----------------------

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on February 1, 2009 at 21:36:46 [Post link]

I just come here to talk to Doc and Break, I don't care about you other people

...well to be honest my buddies don't really post anymore, or once in a year or blue moon or whatever

And before the "what about Necro" thing -- I talk to him nearly every day so yeah

ProtoStar
Contributor
Lost Warrior

Stream: nothing but darkness...

NetNavi:
Tau.EXE
Z-license
Level: 13 [What's this?]
Posted on February 6, 2009 at 11:35:46 [Post link]

Well it's not surprising really. Sooner or later people lose interest or things to talk about, especially if the series seems to start dieing off. :hehe:

*Damashki stares at you evily. He keeps looking at you, the link below, and back to you*
Graaaagh...

God
Not A Feminist

Posted on February 7, 2009 at 20:44:27 [Post link]

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here

Posted on February 19, 2009 at 2:56:20 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Yllisos Zanon

A rather arrogant assertion of you, it takes at least two to hold a reasonable conversation

Edited by Samsara on February 19, 2009 at 2:56:37.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on February 19, 2009 at 5:12:54 [Post link]

You say that as if I was ever going to leave my own board... :P

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on February 19, 2009 at 8:26:15 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsara
Quote:

A rather arrogant assertion of you, it takes at least two to hold a reasonable conversation

Only for a sane person, only for a sane person.

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
I just come here to talk to Doc and Break, I don't care about you other people

...well to be honest my buddies don't really post anymore, or once in a year or blue moon or whatever

And before the "what about Necro" thing -- I talk to him nearly every day so yeah

Well...that's just so nice of you!

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Samsara

Posted on February 19, 2009 at 14:47:33 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Light
Quote:
Originally posted by Samsara
Quote:

Only for a sane person, only for a sane person.

I did say "reasonable", which, of course, means reasonable by my standards, not theirs :P

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
You say that as if I was ever going to leave my own board... :P

lol I left my own board :P

God
Not A Feminist

Posted on February 20, 2009 at 3:17:07 [Post link]

Probably 'cause your board wasn't receiving any posts, Samsara; the other board I was frequently on at one time, the admin/owner left, and yeah, the board did go to hell after that but that was due to one admin who was "appointed" (not by the owner) under non-rules which differed from the way any other admin had been added before (basically; he paid for it). Regardless of him ruining the board, though, it survived for about a year after the owner left. Of course we still had rule-makers.

Edited by God on February 19, 2009 at 21:27:15.

Samsara

Posted on February 20, 2009 at 15:30:59 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by God
Probably 'cause your board wasn't receiving any posts, Samsara; the other board I was frequently on at one time, the admin/owner left, and yeah, the board did go to hell after that but that was due to one admin who was "appointed" (not by the owner) under non-rules which differed from the way any other admin had been added before (basically; he paid for it). Regardless of him ruining the board, though, it survived for about a year after the owner left. Of course we still had rule-makers.

Edited by God on February 19, 2009 at 21:27:15.

Yeah, mine just fizzled out :P

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Posted on February 22, 2009 at 1:06:38 [Post link]

Talking to myself, about myself, helps trigger my over active imagination. I have at least 12 sketch pads, but with out a computer scanner.

Heck, the Doc could tell you a little something about me, if he remembers. :P

By the way Samsara, my Chinese Birth Sign is the Rooster. ;)

----------------------

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on February 27, 2009 at 15:38:54 [Post link]

I'll come post between your psychotic ramblings every two months or so Yllilissoos

Pages: 1

New topic Reply