Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Weekly Discussion, talk about your current...

Pages: 1 ... 7 ... 13 ... 19 ... 25 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 41

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on February 7, 2012 at 5:49:26 [Post link]

...Y'know, I totally forgot that thing existed.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on February 7, 2012 at 14:00:50 [Post link]

They're erratic with their updates, so it's really hard to say. The site still has Christmas pictures a bit everywhere, so I'd say they're due for an update right about now. I wouldn't be surprised if it took an extra month for one to show up, though.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on February 12, 2012 at 17:00:21 [Post link]

Quote from post #229543:
Originally posted by SPT Layzner
...Y'know, I totally forgot that thing existed.

Same here.

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Stream: Are you sure you wanna know
Posted on February 13, 2012 at 22:39:40 [Post link]

And then there was...

Lets talk about the Devroom of Japan. The idea on working on a game where the fans are involved. By the fans for the fans. Its a great idea, I just think that they bit off more than they could chew.

They should have started with a smaller game. Like, another 8-bit or 16-bit game. Doesn't have to be another MegaMan.

What do you think?

Their coming to take me away, hee hee haw haw hoo hoo
----------------------
You cannot kill what you did not create

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on February 14, 2012 at 15:07:02 [Post link]

The game wasn't too large to chew on, the problem was that Capcom didn't fully commit to the process. If you do things half-way, you're expected to run into issues.

The concept behind Mega Man Legends isn't that complicated, and parts of the game could easily be codeveloped by the fans. I could only see that becoming an issue with sandbox-like titles similar to Grand Theft Auto or Fallout, where the world is so wide-open that you need a solid directing hand to create a coherent product. Selecting characters, creating bosses or building scenarios is often done by multiple people, and as such as be done independently.

The devroom couldn't hope to rise high as long as those who were actually calling the shots, the higher ups at Capcom (not Eguchi or Inafune) didn't seem to believe in it. With that situation in place, the creative teams couldn't reach out as much as they'd have wanted to, and what should have been a labor of love got dumped without a second thought.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Daveris
Forum Poster

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on February 16, 2012 at 2:33:55 [Post link]

^True,true.

As for me, I simply saw it as confirmation that Capcom was putting serious effort into MML3

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Posted on February 21, 2012 at 1:32:34 [Post link]

Another topic dwells around...

Hobbies, when your not working or not playing video games. What hobby do you find yourself doing the most?

----------------------

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on February 21, 2012 at 17:05:15 [Post link]

Not playing video games? What kinda nonsense is this?

All kidding aside, I think it's well-known by now that I do some programming projects, both for this website and elsewhere. I'm also having fun taking care of the two aquariums I've got at home, and stare endlessly at what those crazy fishes can do. I try to read a good book once in a while, but I'm having trouble sitting down and actually do it!

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on February 21, 2012 at 21:12:32 [Post link]

I write.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Daveris
Forum Poster

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on February 21, 2012 at 23:40:42 [Post link]

I read.
Currently, Tolstoy seems pretty good. War and Peace was fine,
The Death of Ivan Illych was excellent, etc.

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Posted on February 29, 2012 at 20:01:23 [Post link]

A little late on this discussion...

Lets talk Mega Man, a new breed of a Mega Man game. Check this out, instead of playing a Mega Man type where you play as the hero, your playing as the villian. Mega Man Kaos is dark blue, in color. The bosses are actually good guys trying to stop the introuder, who is on there land. Little to Kaos' knowing, he is gradually becoming a hero.

This is the kind of Mega Man game I think would work.

----------------------

Daveris
Forum Poster

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 1, 2012 at 1:10:15 [Post link]

Quote from post #229670:
Originally posted by Yllisos Zanon
A little late on this discussion...

Lets talk Mega Man, a new breed of a Mega Man game. Check this out, instead of playing a Mega Man type where you play as the hero, your playing as the villian. Mega Man Kaos is dark blue, in color. The bosses are actually good guys trying to stop the introuder, who is on there land. Little to Kaos' knowing, he is gradually becoming a hero.

This is the kind of Mega Man game I think would work.

Used storyline, but that's bound to happen.
I don't know what I would think of this. What's the type of game? Platformer or what?

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on March 1, 2012 at 3:06:39 [Post link]

So, basically, you'd play as Bass trying to take down a new set of robot masters made by Dr. Light?

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on March 1, 2012 at 4:58:48 [Post link]

Quote from post #229603:
Originally posted by Yllisos Zanon
Another topic dwells around...

Hobbies, when your not working or not playing video games. What hobby do you find yourself doing the most?

I actually barely play video games.

So yeah.

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 1, 2012 at 20:07:27 [Post link]

Quote from post #229676:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
So, basically, you'd play as Bass trying to take down a new set of robot masters made by Dr. Light?

Best. Game. Ever.

Daveris
Forum Poster

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 6, 2012 at 1:40:36 [Post link]

Quote from post #229676:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Posted on March 6, 2012 at 4:33:41 [Post link]

I actually had something completely different in mind. While the main character carries a pistol and a sword. The Bosses would have different weaponry, like on would have a shotgun and spiked shield. Another could have a magnum and a scythe.

The whole game is based on medieval like surroundings, the Black Knight (hero) fights other knights, along with wartanks, griffin droids with sniper rifles, or even Golems with gatling guns.

Anyways, onto the next...

Is another Mega Man, talk.

Do you feel that fans, of the Mega Man franchise, have better ideas for Mega Man, compared to the official creators?

I ask this, because I am seeing a lot of fan games being made, such as Mega Man Unlimited made by MegaphilX, for the original series. Mega Man X Corrupted, made by JKB, for the X series.

So, are the official creators having brain farts about the blue bomber, or what?

----------------------

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Posted on March 6, 2012 at 8:28:39 [Post link]

When the fans make a game, they're doing so out of love. When Capcom makes a Megaman game, their main motivation is $$$.

I wouldn't say that necessarily leads to a bad game all the time, but it's clear with some entries in the Megaman series that Capcom was just out to make a buck.

Also, I don't think it's fair to compare fans and the official creators. Fans don't have expectations placed on them, outside of their own standards. Developers for legitimate publishers have different expectations and deadlines imposed on them, which can have a negative impact on creativity.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on March 6, 2012 at 12:06:29 [Post link]

In certain aspects, I do believe fans have become better than the original creators, such as in the realm of storytelling (which, admittedly, has only come into focus for the franchise relatively recently).

One merely needs to compare the inferred ramifications of machines and humans (like human distrust of machines mentioned in X and recently Classic but only touched upon in Zero) to... let's say, the Mega Man webcomic MS Paint Masterpieces once DisgruntledFerret started paying attention to the plot, where humans and their interactions with sentient machines actually drives the plot and characterizations of the characters.

It does not help when one also takes into account the... questionable decisions made by creators on explaining things. Case in point, the fate of the remaining three Guardians in the Zero series, and the constant retconning of the origins and functions of the Maverick Virus (first being a virus, then not being a virus but a program improperly implemented from X, then an off-shoot of another virus). I know that story wasn't that big of a priority for the franchise, but is consistency too much to ask for?

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Posted on March 8, 2012 at 20:45:20 [Post link]

I agree with both of you actually. I know the company itself has time and deadline issues, therefore cutting into the creative category.

Which leads me to think, that not only Capcom, but other companies as well. They should have there fans get more involved some how. After all, If there were no fans to support certain franchises, the companies themselves wouldn't be producing at all.

----------------------

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Posted on March 20, 2012 at 3:15:14 [Post link]

Times up...

How would everyone feel, about Mega Man X series verses Mortal Kombat? Few examples:
Story Mode could consist of X traveling through a dimensional portal, he finds himself in the middle of a bunch of combatants, humans fighting humans.
Some X characters I would like to see, Magma Dragoon, Vanish Kangaroo, Magna Centipede, Dark Mantis.

What do you all think?

----------------------

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on March 20, 2012 at 13:31:50 [Post link]

No thanks, not for me! The only type of crossover that Capcom knows how to do properly are fighting games, and I'm not interested in getting another batch of these.

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 20, 2012 at 15:49:52 [Post link]

Mortal Kombat hasn't been good since UMK3. So no.

(And yes, that means I consider the latest one to not be good. But that's a story for another thread.)

Daveris
Forum Poster

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 23, 2012 at 1:23:18 [Post link]

>.>
<.<
Perhaps not. I don't think Capcom would handle it right.
The first for BOF games had something wrong with the difficulty where it got easier the farther you went, with boss #1 being insane.

But if they made it in BOF;DQ style, that wouldn't really be Megaman, y'know?

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 20:27:32 [Post link]

Late conversation this time...

Do you think, Capcom should make a new Breath of Fire game?

I'll tell you what I think later.

----------------------

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Posted on March 29, 2012 at 6:24:32 [Post link]

Yes. BoF V is the best game that nobody likes.

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on March 29, 2012 at 7:44:01 [Post link]

I have still only played the second one. I really liked it, but then I tend to like most SNES-era RPGs. I am not sure what a current gen BoF would be like. However, I'm open for Capcom to show me.

Yllisos Zanon
Free Lance Bestiality

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 19:40:58 [Post link]

I really like BoF 3, I think it was the best out of all of them. Mainly because of the Gene collection.

Anyways, onto the next...

World history subject, how many hidden temples, pyramids and so forth, do you feel have yet to be discovered? There is still a mass majority of the world that has yet to be explored. So yeah, what do you think?

----------------------

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 3, 2012 at 2:00:40 [Post link]

I don't think there are that many left, at least above ground. We've reached a point where we can find lost tombs in the middle of the Saudi desert using satellites, anything big is unlikely to be hidden for long.

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on April 3, 2012 at 4:48:38 [Post link]

I like that archaeology is a field where one big find can rewrite the book on what we know. For that reason, I hope there are more. With so many places to hide, in dense jungles, beneath the earth, below the sea level, even underneath modern settlements of today... I think we'll continue to find more ruins for as long as people are looking.

Pages: 1 ... 7 ... 13 ... 19 ... 25 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 41

New topic Reply