New topic Reply

Topic: I once said "My DS Lite is fine, no need for DSi"

Pages: 1

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on March 6, 2009 at 1:22:38 [Post link]

Okay so I lied.

Releasing with 358/ 2 Days.

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Level: 69 [What's this?]
Posted on March 6, 2009 at 6:34:35 [Post link]

It's kind of neat, I guess.

I personally don't think I'll be getting a DSi. I will, however, wait for it's release and consider buying a Lite. They'll probably drop in price by then.

I have too many GBA games to not have access to a handheld with decent lighting, and the lack of a GBA slot is what really keeps me from buying the DSi.

And in all honesty, taking a bunch of existing technology and condensing it into one, isn't really my idea of revolutionary. Microsoft does it, Sony does it, now Nintendo is.

It's one thing if it's to advance or re-invent gameplay mechanics, for the sake of being a game system that it is, but if it's just a built-in add-on to an already existing form of technology, then I see no reason on buying it.

Honestly, if I wanted a camera, I'd buy a camera.

Edited by Arkane on March 5, 2009 at 22:36:51.

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on March 6, 2009 at 16:21:11 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Arkane
Honestly, if I wanted a camera, I'd buy a camera.

Especially considering that the DSi's camera isn't that great to begin with...

Edited by SPT Layzner on March 7, 2009 at 9:06:07.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on March 8, 2009 at 3:06:08 [Post link]

I agree with Arkane related to the DSi. Maybe I'll buy it, maybe not; what's been announced so far doesn't make me too excited, though. I have an original DS, and I'm satisfied with it. I'll definitely miss the GBA slot, which allows me to play anything from the older console's great library.

What could be the deal maker is the DSWare: some fun games could be made available there. So far though, it looks like silly stuff: a few WarioWare microgames, a light version of Dr. Mario, some trinkets...

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Tri-Edge
Bobo

Stream: Your FACE!!!

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on March 13, 2009 at 19:51:57 [Post link]

D: I have to say even though that the DSi has 2 cameras and a slightly bigger screen it does suck..... It's a waste of money, the point of the DS was to play both GBA and DS games and go online and stuff. The DSi has a shorter battery life, NO GBA slot, the cameras are pointless and above all else its even THINNER than the DS Lite which angers me....they need durability more than looks. I honestly say I will NOT be getting this -.-

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"
.... .hack//kyat....we miss you dearly

axl z
Gundamn

Stream: Im not fireing my lazer.......
Posted on April 5, 2009 at 14:04:19 [Post link]

I have to say I like this cover alot more then the DS itslelf.

Ace Scope
Superstar!

Posted on April 5, 2009 at 20:34:01 [Post link]

I was really interested in the DSi when it was first announced, but I don't think trading the GBA slot for a crappy camera is a really good trade off.

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on April 6, 2009 at 3:00:48 [Post link]

I have a japanese dsi.I am using it to post this. The camera is actually pretty great, considering how much stuff there is on it. The internet, however, stinks on it. It took me about a full miniute to download this page. Did i mention no games or youtube?

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 6, 2009 at 3:17:02 [Post link]

Tip for mobile-grade browsers: go into your profile options and lower the number of posts displayed in a single page. This will improve your page loading time.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Slash Beast
Irken Invader

Stream: ............
Posted on April 6, 2009 at 6:37:26 [Post link]

I personally don't see the big deal of no gba slot. I've played every great game the gba has to offer and whenever I feel like plaing and old favorite I just pull out the trusty micro.

I just got mine today and my DSi is so far awesome, also I can't wait until other DS games make good use of the DSi shop channel for dlc or more DSiWare.

ImageImageImage

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 6, 2009 at 15:00:51 [Post link]

Some DS games use the GBA slot for extras, unlockables and other stuff. Removing the GBA slot makes those extras impossible to get.

Ace Scope
Superstar!

Posted on April 6, 2009 at 19:54:21 [Post link]

Main reason the lack of a GBA slot bugs me is it's my only way to play those games anymore (save for using an emulator), seeing as my original GBA is busted, and my brother traded his in when he got his DS.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 7, 2009 at 2:04:07 [Post link]

Good point SPT. Of course, fewer games released nowadays make use of it, but if you want to link up your data, that's the only way.

Slash Beast
Irken Invader

Stream: ............
Posted on April 7, 2009 at 23:10:24 [Post link]

Speaking of which ( I work at gamestop) and when the Nintendo of America representative was showing the employees the DSi last month someone did eventualy ask him about the gba slot for games like Guitar Hero etc., & he said that Nintendo is in fact currently working on an adaptor for gba games & misc.

So I'm sure that's what is stopping many others from purchasing a DSi but hopefully that adater will deliver.

ImageImageImage

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 8, 2009 at 3:26:14 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by the dave
I have a japanese dsi.I am using it to post this. The camera is actually pretty great, considering how much stuff there is on it. The internet, however, stinks on it. It took me about a full miniute to download this page. Did i mention no games or youtube?

No, the camera is 3 megapixel (and there's a 0.3 megapixel as well IIRC. aka: your butt can take better pictures). Cellulars in Japan have up to 8 megapixels and most cameras have more than 3. About lack of youtube, PSP doesn't let you go on youtube either, so meh.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on May 7, 2009 at 14:18:38 [Post link]

TJ never changes does he?

I hate this DSi thing and I won't be getting one

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on May 7, 2009 at 20:56:40 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
TJ never changes does he?

I hate this DSi thing and I won't be getting one

There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on May 8, 2009 at 2:10:19 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by RisingDragon
There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions.

I am SO quoting that.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on May 18, 2009 at 22:28:51 [Post link]

...I fucking lol'd.

Brilliant.

ring man77
Ninja of the dust particle

Badges: Emi Ibarazaki Shizune Hakamichi Hanako Ikezawa Hisao Nakai Lilly Satou ... and 16 more
Stream: *Static*

NetNavi:
creative.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on June 26, 2009 at 1:05:38 [Post link]

Ya no that the DSi is in two colers right? Well the wii was supapost to come in more colers by now but I have yet to see it in more than white.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on June 26, 2009 at 2:54:33 [Post link]

Actually, a black Wii has just been announced in Japan. It's coming... eventually. I was hoping to get a green or blue one when they first showed the potential colors.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply